“We always stay here each year, great staff”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stay here each year at least once or twice, because we fly to MN to visit family and look forward to the last night of not having to travel anywhere! We drop off our rental car at the airport the night before our flight, the motel shuttle picks us up promptly from the airport and always has very friendly drivers. This time was just as nice as our previous visits. We like the fact we can walk to Outback and have a nice, quiet time with a few drinks and dinner.
The third floor room we had was spacious, clean and quiet. I like the fan/heat/air system because you can adjust it to fan only so any inside or outside noise is muted. Clean room and quiet friendly staff. We are always offered a newspaper when we check out (we catch early morning flights) and coffee. We will be back, save us a room!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne P
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. Thank you for the kind comments and I look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Airport

Reviewed November 15, 2012

First let me be fair, and set the scene on how I ended up at this hotel. I travel a lot on business international and domestic (this year almost all domestic) so I have been to places and towns with limited hotel choices. I ended up at this Comfort Inn hotel because of Delta Airlines and on the last leg a beautiful trip coming from Las Vegas and staying in a hotel room that cost over $400 per night to one that is about $40 ok ($79).

In addition, I have actually been to this city before for business and stayed at the hotel directly behind it Marriott Residence Inn (a much better stay), back to the story; Delta airlines after delaying my flight from Vegas and then another delay to the gate when I landed, I missed my flight by 5 mins (I had a 50min layover when I booked this flight which should have been plenty of time), and yes it was the last flight to back to DC for any airport in the DC metro area. I had another flight to make in now in one day. So Delta told me to bad so sad “scan your boarding pass and get your vouchers at the machine”, all I got was $25 for food. I went to the counter and they said did you scan you boarding pass, all the while I’m hold what it printed out in her face. I told her I got a food voucher. So she went into the system and got me a hotel voucher for this Comfort Inn. Ok how am I going to get there! Follow the signs to hotel shuttles and call the hotel (Thank God for smartphones!!!). Oh and your food voucher can be used repeatedly in the airport but only once outside the airport. So what kind of food is near the hotel since I don’t have a car. Delta, “you know we don’t know!!!” Wow Really!!!! I took a chance followed the signs to hotel shuttles as most of restaurants in the airport were closed since the airport was down to its last flight leaving and coming. I called the hotel on my cell phone and they sent the shuttle. It was a pretty quick shuttle ride about 15mins. On the ride over I saw that this hotel is in front of where I stayed before and it is connect to an Outback Steakhouse. Oh some relief, eatable food. I got to the check in counter and got checked in and got a king size bed room. It was a bit of a walk to it. Oh yeah and Delta didn’t give me my luggage so I had the clothes on my back and a Delta amenity bag (they didn't give this to everyone) (super thin t-shirt, comb, toothbrush and paste, razor, shaving cream, I got better amenities in business class Astana Airlines and I didn’t even have a layover).
The room it was disappointing to say the least, everything was extremely basic: bed, furniture, TV (I felt like I was back in my college dorm room although the furniture was better built in my college dorm room). The TV was a flat screen 27” with a few channels coming in clear however, the dresser it was sitting on was lower than the bed. The sheets appeared to be clean but that was about it. The bathroom tub yuck!!! Did anyone hear of bleach it would get those black stains out of there in a jiffy? I wouldn’t let the carpet touch my feet or socks so I spread newspaper from my bed to the bathroom toilet. I went to the Outback and got dinner with the voucher. But Delta didn’t give me one for breakfast the next day. Dinner wasn’t too bad I ate at the desk in the room still walking on newspaper. I left first thing in the morning and the shuttle runs every 30mins to the mall and Airport starting at 2am. They had coffee and such in the lobby as you were waiting for the shuttle and also in the room if you are so inclined. I fumigated myself once I got home.

Now to be fair I was placed in this hotel I would have never even looked at it. I stayed for one night it was quiet, had shuttle service, decent front desk staff, sheets were clean and it is connected to an Outback, oh and free Wi-Fi those were the positives. Negatives: Housekeeping and room appearance (barely fixed holes in walls, with different color paint, dirty room carpet, basic pressed wood furniture (chipped and won’t last long) and WTF bathtub… It is your choice on whether to ever stay here. You decide!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Aprilerain

It sounds like you had a frustrating trip and I apologize for any way the Comfort Inn contributed to this. I forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance staffs and will personally follow through on this.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very clean, Value-priced hotel with a lot of amenities, including free shuttle service to and from the airport and the Mall. My room was clean and quiet; no odd smells of past smokers or anything. Breakfast was very good; it also has an Outback attached to the property, which made getting dinner very convenient. Staff was very good as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate the comments. Thank you and please keep us in mind the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel. It is close to the airport, and it has a free shuttle for the airport and for the Mall of America...no need to rent a car for shopping. The staff is friendly and helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the positive comments. I'll share them on the the staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Perfect Comfort Inn. Shuttle runs on time. Room nice, clean, good TV and internet.
Great in room coffee, and coffee in the lobby. Also a tray of bake goods in the lobby for people like us, that have an early flight.

Room Tip: ask for updated room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we're looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We used this hotel for a recent park and fly trip to Denver. The price is rather high for the hotel but seems comparable to the area. The staff was extremely friendly. There is an outback attached. The rooms themselves are average at best. I would not recommend a longer stay but ok for one night. The shuttle driver deserves a 5 rating- very informative and friendly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for the review, and I'm glad the Park & Fly program worked well for you. I would be interested in learning about how we could have improved your visit with us, so please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Was going on an extended trip... it was really nice knowing I could leave my car here and not have to pay an arm and a leg for it. It was very reasonable.

Staff was great... Ben I believe? Nice front desk guy.

Beds were uncomfortable but not horrible.

Breakfast was AMAZING... AMAZING... AMAZING. Wow. Still can't believe how nice it was, especially after all the "breakfasts" in Europe.

When we returned getting them to pick us up was simple and fast!

This was always be my first choice when going on trips and need to leave my car somewhere. It was just easy and convenient!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MPLSMINN2012

Thank you for the review! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!