“Nice Hotel, Close to Airport and Mall of America”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel, Close to Airport and Mall of America”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Nice, recently updated rooms. The rooms are a decent size with modern amenities (flat panel t.v., did not have a microwave or refrigerator). The airconditioning was off upon arrival, so the room was stuffy at first. Front desk staff was pleasant. Standard Comfort Inn continental breakfast.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for the review! Come see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Haven't even stayed and already having issues, called to verify they had a microwave & fridge in the rooms, and was told yes. Couldn't book over the phone because was using points, and when I booked it online it didn't give me the choice to pick the room with these specific amenities. Called the hotel right away and spoke with Sue who stated was a manager, and said I had to pay for the additional amenities, when informed her that I was never told this, she said she couldn't help me, to call my points company because she couldn't change my reservation, if a manager can't, who will? Called my points company, and said they also can't reserve the room with a fridge and microwave, called Sue back no answer, left a message. Still haven't heard back 4 hours later, very disappointed and still haven't even stayed their. I hope this issue is resolved by the time I arrive tomorrow.

1 Thank Leticia P
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I apologize for the initial difficulty you had in making the reservation and I had the opportunity to follow up with it. Apparently there was a misunderstanding on which point program you were using, and this led to some misinformation being provided. As I understand it, you checked in before Susan had the opportunity to get back to you. Please accept my apology for any anxiety this may have caused for you. It looks like the issue was resolved at check-in and you received a room with a Microfridge. I trust your stay was pleasant once you got checked in.
Manila
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We got this hotel on a package on Hotwire, and the price was OK.

But the hotel itself is rundown. Our room smelled faintly of urine, the hallways were dirty, the wallpaper in our room was reeling, the outlets were old and some were broken. The bed was very old, ridiculously soft and produced serious backache, the pillows were lumps of uneven broken foam, and while our bed was king sized, the pillows were somehow smaller than even standard. There were five of them, but no way to get comfortable.

A few plusses, the internet was fairly fast and reliable, that they did right. Also the free breakfast was decent enough, more options than I would have thought, eggs, ham, waffles, etc. It was always crowded and not nearly enough tables for a hotel of this size.

Location is good, easy to get to the Mall of America and airport.

But this hotel just needs to be better maintained.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that you were disappointed with some aspects of your visit. I'll take the information you've given me and follow up on these items. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here for a quick overnight trip with a friend. Having stayed here previously and finding the service to be average, I was pretty impressed this trip--there was a significant improvement. The guy working the desk (Calvin, I believe?) was very friendly and polite. Check in was a breeze, parking is ample, and the room was clean. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to the MOA and MSP airport, which is convenient, and a small breakfast is included also. The beds aren't the most comfortable (slightly springing/boxy, but good enough), and the rooms are a bit "tired," but my main priority is cleanliness and good service--which this hotel definitely provided. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: A room facing inward away from 494 and American Blvd are more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Calvin!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here one night on the way to Northern MN. We enjoyed our stay. A simple room with a decent breakfast. The carpets in the hallways seemed dirty at this time of year maybe they were getting ready to clean them, and the breakfast was way behind the pool - slightly difficult to find had to fight past the cleaning staff to get out of the elevator to find breakfast room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again!
Nebraska
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute as the hotel we had booked smelled of smoke. They were able to get us in for all 6 days. Staff was very friendly, lobby was clean and offered coffee and donuts. The free breakfast was nice, just your typical breakfast. There were waffles, cereal, yogurt, a variey of a pasty items, fruit and two rotating hot items. Breakfast room was rather small and many times you had to wait for a table. Our room was clean, there were no issues there. We were on the 5th floor and it was super quiet. I am not sure if there were alot of other guests up there, we didn't run into any, so that was great. There is an Outback Steakhouse connected and it is minutes from Mall of America. They did offer a shuttle, but we did not use it. The only down fall, and the reason for not giving it 5 stars was the indoor pool was freezing. It was July, so I did not expect this. My 3 year old could only be in there for about 30 minutes before her lips were blue. Otherwise, this was great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your comment about the pool temperature and will pass it on to our maintenance staff. Come back and see us again!
Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn a number of times in the past, but this hotel is really starting to show its age. It is in a great location, and the shuttle service is good, which is why we came back. We did request a new room and got it, so it was nice, but as soon as we got off the elevator on the second floor, there was a terrible smell that didn't go away at all over the 2 nights we stayed. The beds were comfortable, but only doubles so a bit crowded. The room was clean and odor free. The breakfast area was cramped and needs a redo for sure. As many have mentioned, it gets very crowded and the flow of traffic is horrible. Having the coffee and the waffle makers so close to each other means you are often in someones way. The selection of food was decent though. Also, seating was hard to come by.

So, if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay that includes breakfast and a shuttle, this may work. However, this regular customer will be looking elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Request a new room. If you go into a room and it doesn't look like it does on the website, you k...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are continually updating our hotel and in particular are working to improve the flow and efficiency of the morning breakfast. I do hope you'll come back again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!