“Average hotel with good location”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Inn with my two kids who had an early flight to catch and we chose the hotel based on location, airport shuttle, and park & fly. We also used the Mall shuttle and ate at Outback as extras.Checked Country Inn & Suites and Holiday Inn Express, but they were both over $200! We travel a lot and have stayed in a variety of hotels and this wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either. Not sure if it was the only room left, but we stayed in a handicap accessible room. The room was nice, but basic decor with small (full-sized???) low beds, flat screen TV, and mic & fridge. Seemed fairly clean except for the dirty sock under the chair. There was a musty smell, but that's expected with an older hotel. Noticed the bathroom fixtures were a little dated and worn, including a sink that drained slowly, a toilet that ran all night until we figured out to push the handle up, and a very loose toilet seat. Also the water in the shower was hard to adjust. Not sure if it was because it was a handicap room, but there wasn't a deadbolt only a button that didn't seem to do anything. Thin walls...we could hear every little thing in the hallway and the outside patio. The breakfast was good and the pool looked nice, but no hot tub. Free Wifi...no code needed. We needed some copies made and the business center didn't have a copier so they just took care of it at the front desk for us :) Very helpful staff...liked that they always checked identity for security! Overall an average place to stay, nothing fancy, but had all our basic needs for our stay.

1  Thank blsattler
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I appreciate your comments and glad that you find value in our Park & Fly program. I look forward to your next stay with us!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Airport

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was a nice hotel. When we first walked in the hallway smelt a lil musty but its a fairly older hotel. The room was very clean the mattress looked new the pillows were comfortable and the staff was friendly. The only thing I didnt like was I couldnt close the inside curtain all the way closed to keep the light out which wasnt a big deal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'll have maintenance check the adjustment of the blackout drape. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The rooms were somewhat smaller than other hotels we stayed in but still adequate for our needs. As mentioned before we had to walk through the pool area to reach the breakfast room. The breakfast was good but the layout was poor - Coffee, juice, and waffle makers all stuck in a corner which made it difficult to get near the coffee because others were standing in front of the coffee dispensers waiting for their waffles.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
comfhot, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding the breakfast layout. I see you stayed at a particularly high-volume time, so the planned flow of the breakfast was more challenging than usual. I appreciate your suggestion about the coffee and waffle placement, and we'll see if we can change that up to improve the flow. Thanks again, and I hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I am a choice privileges member and stay at a lot of Comfort, Quality, and Sleep Inns. Most choice properties are very good, but not this one! When I checked in I was told I was
upgraded" to a "better" room. The room was terrible. It had a broken coffee table and the bathtub faucet came out of the wall, spraying water all over the place. When I complained I was told that maintenance would take care of the problems. No one came. I will stay at other choice properties but not this one!

Room Tip: Want a choice hotel property near MSP? Stay at the Quality Inn.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bullwalk
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here two nights at the beginning and end of an overseas trip. Reasonable price for parking the car for three weeks, and front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Shuttle was fast and convienent, and the drivers very friendly and professional.

However, our room the first night was average or below average. While it appeared clean, the beds were not as comfortable as I would expect for a mid-priced hotel chain. Also, the bathroom was badly in need of renovation. One knob fell out of the water fixture resulting in the shower not working for the second person. Probably not a bad thing, since the water never drained from the first shower.

On our return, we had a different room. Much nicer inside, and the the bathroom was much nicer and everything worked well.

I'd suggest asking for a better room if you end up in a bad one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The positiive... I appreciated a much-needed early check in as I arrived at 8 a.m. The front desk was very nice and accommodated this request. I greatly appreciated this... The negative... all around dirty. The rooms, the carpeting, the paint, the furniture, the beds, the smell of smoke... yuck. No store in the hotel, so visited the vending machines which sold condoms and the floor surrounding the machine was swarming with ants. Breakfast was fair... wished I would have planned the trip and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

I'm happy you received good service, but want to apologize for disappointing you with the quality of the room. I've addressed the cleanliness concerns with our Housekeeping department, and emphasized the importance of reporting smoke smells in rooms. The Comfort Inn is a 100% non-smoking facility, and we do enforce the policy. I appreciate your comment about the inappropriate item our vendor placed in the machine, and am having it removed. I hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Comfort Inn MOA is where we always stay when we do our the Mall of America weekend in Bloomington, MN. The hotel is always very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We love the fact that it is ony 5 minutes from the MOA and that it offers an "Outback Steakhouse" so we don't have to drive around looking for a place for a nice dinner. Then in the morning they offer a lovely (Free) breakfast and great coffee.

We highly recommend this hotel and will continue staying there 3-4 times per year.

Room Tip: Every room is good! You can also get a discount if you have Triple or if you have a Senior citizen...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the terrific review, and am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving your needs again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!