La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I stay here once per month or so for work. The hotel is decently clean (I did have dirty towels at my last stay, but this is unusual) with standard La Quinta amenities. They have an airport shuttle that will also take you to the Mall.

It gets very hot and dry on the upper floors even when it's cold outside. The wall hvac systems are below average. Across multiple rooms, I've had issues controlling the temperature in my room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lost0ne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
St Ignace, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2014

What a great place to stay especially if you are a pet owner. Rooms are very clean. Hotel is located in a very safe area . Easy to get on freeway and close to restaurants and fuel. All staff are very friendly and helpful. This is are second stay at this hotel while visiting Mall of America. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jamin S
Cloquet, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pool area was small for the size of hotel. Sauna area did not work and did not have an out of order sign. Needs to have more vending options on each floor besides the only one in the lobby area where you have to pay at the desk for the items and it gets busy. Breakfast was good, need improvements on the toaster area though, not fast enough and people waiting to use them! Need to have more pet friendly suites since this is listed on the pet friendly website, when checking in I was told there was only two rooms and they both we're taking. I would stay again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We needed 7 rooms while we attended my mother's funeral. The staff was super. The large breakfast area allowed us space later in the day to sit & visit with some of the extended family that came to visit. They also had meeting rooms available for more private visiting. The availability of a suite that had a door between rooms allowed our granddaughter to get undisturbed nights of sleep and kept her cheery by day.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here two nights to attend the Northwest Sports Show at the convention center downtown. We prefer LaQuinta, as we always know what to expect and they always deliver. We loved that once we were there, we didn't need to use our car. We took the shuttle to the MOA and the driver told us how to catch a ride downtown on the metro, and walk the skywalk to the convention center. And their breakfasts are awesome! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed there with my family from March 26-28. After spending the day at the mall we returned to the hotel, as we were walking up to the sidewalk on the back side of the building my husband fell on the icy sidewalk. When I notified the front desk about the icy sidewalk I was told it can't be slick back there, then after telling her my husband just fell she just said oh hmmm guess I need to check on that and walked away. Never once did she ask if he was ok! I've stayed at other La Quinta hotels and never been treated so rudely as I did at this one. As far as breakfast not a good selection and most of it was empty when we went down for breakfast at 8:00.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel during the cold months
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family, 3/15 -3/16 before we flew to San Diego. My credit card was charged for two separate amounts, for which I did not receive receipts. We try to gat a ride to the airport Sunday morning and had to take a cab, la Quinta paid for, but the driver complained the rude there. Our flight back was in at msp by 330. We had to wait 30 minutes for a ride back to our car, then a stop at mall of America to pick up other guests. Needless to say, it took us 1.5 hours to go 10 miles. I plan to cancel my la Quinta membership after this mess!

Stayed March 2014