“my visit too mall off america” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, Illinois
“my visit too mall off america”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

hotel was nice,i slep like a kitten the beds was wonderful,beakfast was nice, the staff very helpful ...mall off america close by, if u visit it lots of walking so bring ur walking shoes,also won a small jackpot @ myistic casino,love it ,love it... i will stay again, looking foward to my next trip...peggy from windy city chicago

Room Tip: we stayed on 7th floor, my daughter and her family stayed across from us on the 7th floor as well...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nicely located off the I494 exit and was clean and the price was right if you can get it off Hotwire. The continental breakfast was well maintained and the breakfast area was large. Pool area is small with not many chairs but it served its purpose for a quick dip for the kids. I would definitely recommend this hotel for stop over visit.... Also noticed it is a pet friendly hotel

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent hotel for a trip to Mall of America - the airport shuttle and mall shuttle made the trip easy! The breakfast was great and there are enough resturants within walking distance that dinner was no problem. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQBloomingtonWest, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks CincyC for the nice review. I am glad to hear that you found our staff helpful and hope we get a chance to host you again very soon!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed here a handful of times within the last 5 years and each stay is worse than the one before. The only reason we are staying this time around is due to complaining about our previous experience and the GM assured us they could do better by offering us a free night. I truly wanted believe in his statement and decided to give the La Quinta - Bloomington, MN another shot. This has to be the worst visit yet (they obviously cannot do better). We checked in to find the beds are no longer queens, they are now fulls. I and another guest were standing at the front desk questioning the identicle issue in regards to the beds and the staff played it off as if they have always had full size beds. Being that we have stayed here in the past I knew better and so did the other guest. We were also supposed to have a fridge - no fridge, and oddly the same guest who was questioning the bed arrangements, had also mentioned they too were to have had a fridge. Then as we were getting settled in, we noticed little knat-like bugs all over the bathroom floor, sink & tub. They were also in the beds which was extremely horrifying. I was laying in the sheets and my husband noticed a larger black bug crawling on my leg! I immediately called the front desk and the night tenate said there was nothing he could or would do; I asked for more sheets to be delivered, he told me they don't deliver and I needed to come and get them at the front desk if I wanted them. Talk about poor service! I have already booked another hotel for tomorrow night and have cancelled our stay here. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!! I hope they shut this place down for quarantine.

• Stayed June 2013
Deer River, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hotel was nice, breakfast was good. Rooms were well kept. However wireless quit working the day we got here and the rest of the trip. We notified the front desk and they said that if we needed wireless we could come to the lounge. We were able to get it in the lounge, however was kind of a pain to have to leave the room every time you wanted to look something up--especially when it is a 17 floor hotel. Also, some of the hotel employees were not very helpful. We called for some information about a nearby restaurant and they could not give us a number or any info. There wasn't a phone book in the room and no internet--so this was very unhelpful! Beds were nice though!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kayla B
Arnold, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Large rooms, I do wish they had queen beds instead of full/double. The rooms are large enough. Breakfast was ok only hot thing was waffles. Nice pool & fitness center. Free shuttle to & from the airport and to & from Mall of America. Free WiFi (can't believe some places still charge). Friendly staff.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family