“Good deal with stay and park, but allow for a long trip on the shuttle”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Mill City, Oregon
“Good deal with stay and park, but allow for a long trip on the shuttle”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've stayed here before and usually have a good experience and maybe it was just an off night. The rooms are clean; bed, sheets, towels are all good. The shuttle to the airport only runs once per hour, which can be a bit inconvenient and requires an extra early start to catch a morning flight. When we were picked up at the airport to return to the hotel, it took over an hour and 1/2 to get picked up and delivered to the hotel (only a 15 minute drive). That made for an unpleasantly long night after a long flight. Also, don't forget to notice that they only have double beds in the non-king rooms (no queens), which were a big shock if you're not expecting it and seemed extra small!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a king bed - those double beds are small!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here April 21st and 22nd, booking through hotels.com. Booking said I was getting a fridge and microwave that were not in the room, but with only two nights, we didn't miss it. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms and hallways were clean. Breakfast was great, waffles if you want, breakfast area was the nicest I have seen. the food was spread out so there was not crowds except around the coffee. The hotel was missing items that you would see in a more upscale hotel that I missed, such as a second garbage can in the bathroom, more channels on the TV, and a shower head high enough that someone over 5 ft 4 didn't have to duck to get their hair wet. I am 5'8" and got a sore back trying to rinse my hair, I can't imagine what the 6 ft guys were doing. With the price I paid, I was satisfied for a 2 night stay. If I had to stay longer I would go somewhere else where the shower head is for tall people.

Fort Knox, Kentucky
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Our military family decided to use a military move as an excuse for stopping in MN. Traveling with our cats required a pet friendly hotel and I think we found the best around. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was close to Mall of America. I would have preferred more breakfast and children's TV channel options but overall it was a great value.

• Stayed April 2013

Minnesota
Reviewed April 14, 2013

clean and convenient to airport, Mall of America and downtown Minneapolis. Favorite place to stay in Bloomington. Excellent pool, and the breakfast is hard to beat anywhere. Shuttle runs all the time so no need to drive and fight the traffic. Staff is always fast, friendly and efficient.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We love La Quinta hotels and this one is no different! All the staff we encountered was very friendly and helpful. One man even gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant for dinner. When we came back to the hotel, he was at the counter and told him how much we loved his recommendation. He was super friendly and personable. We love La Quinta and have the La Quinta rewards membership. Whenever we travel, we always look for a La Quinta in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Bennett, Iowa, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed with my two boys for three nights as we vacationed. The room was big enough to contain two very busy boys. While the pool wasn't anything extraordinary, it was a very comfortable temperature in the pool and the pool area. The bathrooms in the pool area though were freezing after being in the pool, but I didn't mark off for that, can't have everything. I did try to use the sauna, but it never got up to sauna temp, so not sure if it was even working or if I was expecting too much. There was no sign that it was out of order...and there were workmen there two to three times a day checking the chem balance in the pool and hottub, although when asked they didn't have any thing to say about the sauna not working properly. But given that we spent hours in the ppol for those three days, I would say it was still a success. The bedding was very soft and comfortable, nice soft fluffy towels, and plenty of pillows. I think some of the pictures on here are outdated as they now have flat screen t.v.s, although the signal was a bit iffy at times, and channels veery limited for younger kids. The staff were very nice and offered great service. Breakfast was what you have come to expect for "hot breakfasts' boiled eggs, waffles, and the other continental offerings. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised for my first time staying at a La Quinta property. I will definitely give them another night of my business.