“Very good hotel at a reasonable price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
“Very good hotel at a reasonable price”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I have enjoyed my stay. I stay here most of the times in town because the rooms are nice, decent price, and free breakfast that includes waffles! I recommend fluffier, thicker bath towels and better treadmills in the exercise room. The first 3 days, the pool was a perfect temperature, but tonight it was too cool, which was a problem last time I stayed. They also posted a sign that kids under 16 aren't allowed in the hottub, which I think is good.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My young daughter and I stayed here two nights ...before and after she had hip surgery at a nearby hospital. This hotel was so TOP-NOTCH I took time to write them a thank you card when I got home. The staff was amazing. I am not very familiar with "big city driving" and was quite nervous about it. The staff was super about giving helpful directions to the places I needed to go. They recommened a fabulous Greek grill nearby and even gave me a coupon! The room was big and CLEAN and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. When we checked out, I asked if I could fill a couple of bags of ice for my daughter to ice her hip on the drive home. A staff member went and got me two big bags of ice . I WILL stay here again. So very impressed. One of THEE BEST hotel experiences I have had, Thanks so much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Post, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed for two nights. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The breakfast was good. The only negative part was the smell of smoke in the elevators. The pavement was clear of snow which was great. I noticed later when we ate Culver's, the La Quinta next to it was still not clear of snow. This La Quinta is very nice.

Room Tip: Good place to stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robles87
Boone, Iowa
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We needed to stay in Minneapolis for an overnight stay in this part of the city. Everything at this hotel was very clean (Always my top priority) This not a new hotel and in some ways it is showing its age. Carpet was clean but seemed worn, much of the furniture was showing some age but that was very minor. Our room was clean but my only complaint was the furnace. The fan cycled every 90 seconds and ran for 45 seconds. I'm a light sleeper and this was VERY annoying, however it was my ONLY complaint about the room. The breakfast area was the largest I personally have ever been at for a hotel. However that was a little misleading because as huge as it was there was not a huge variety. They had waffels and that was pretty much it besides anything you could put in a toaster or microwave. And I do want to say it was great that they had 4 waffel makers! Many hotels only have one or two. So that was nice. Plus they had plenty of tables. I also used the fitness center which was clean and in good repair. Overall if I was in this part of Minneapolis again I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

They only run one trip per hour to the airport with one shuttle. If your not one of the lucky few to get on the small shuttle you have to pay for your own cab to the airport. I also booked a king room a month early and when I got there they had already given my room away. I am very disappointed in this motel especially after all the positive reviews. Front desk staff was extremely rude at night.

Room Tip: Avoid this location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business