“Clean, but not for light sleepers”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Iowa
“Clean, but not for light sleepers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is clean and the breakfast selection is decent (but no hot meat). There are brand new HDTVs with about a 30-40 channel selection. What I didn't care for at this motel was the noisy air conditioner/heater that was in my room. I'm a very light sleeper and with ear plugs, I could still hear it. I tried turning it off, but every five minutes it would turn on anyway!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank coolmacdude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was very clean, neat and quiet. We made our reservation through a Park, Sleep and Fly" web site and they misunderstood and gave us a smoking room. When we checked it at the desk, the clerk very cheerfully changed our room to a nonsmoking room, with no problem. They also gave us very good directions to a resturant we wanted to get to. We found the shuttle to and from the airport very convenient and a good value. In all, a very good experience and we plan to stay there the next time we are flying out of MSP airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travelled to the cities for a business trip and had a wonderful experience. For starters, I booked a standard king room with really nothing to expect but was then bumped up to a larger king room on the upper floors which had a microwave and refrigerator (which I did not use but definitely a nice perk for those traveling, eating at restaurants, and want to preserve some leftovers). The staff here is phenomenal and will attempt to accommodate as much as possible. The location is fantastic in my opinion. It is very close to MOA and MSP, which is ideal for business travelers, and they also have Stay & Go packages, which allow you to leave your car at the hotel while on your trip (for an extra charge, but still cheaper than the airport). Overall I had a fantastic experience and highly recommend it.

I will be staying here in February when heading out for Mexico to take advantage of the parking.

Safe travels!

Room Tip: Higher rooms tended to have less children
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Every hotel around sends their bus at 7:00 when the mall closes on Sunday. Except for this place !!!! Their bus comes at 8:20 great you get to sit and freeze for a hour and a half... Never again
The front desk employes should find jobs they enjoy.. Better yet the establishment should find employes who would enjoy working there.

• Stayed November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was a little leery as I pulled into the parking lot and saw construction behind it, but was pleasantly greeted at the front desk. Staff was great throughout our stay. Room was clean and comfortable. I didn't notice any construction noise although my one beef was the loud HVAC unit. Even on low, it was still rather loud. Of course I was the one sleeping right next to it and the rest of my family didn't seem to notice, so maybe I'm just whining. Pets are allowed on certain floors. I only heard a dog bark once when I was in the hall, but not at all in our room. There are 3 elevators, but only 2 seemed to be working. It wasn't very busy during our stay, so it wasn't a big deal. They were also very quick once you got on. Breakfast was good and they had 4 or 6 waffle makers so you didn't have to wait. Pool was average size ranging from 3' to 6' and warm. There was also a hot tub and sauna. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RumblingBumbling
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Have stayed at this LQ 3-4 times always quiet,quick check in and out. Nice surprise to have a microwave and fridge for my two day stay. Will stay again,great location. Like the pillows, however toilet is low and there needs to be more slip guards in tub very slippery.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo