“Annie is great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Park Plaza Bloomington
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
“Annie is great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2005

Very nice hotel. I got a deal for buy one night and get the 2nd half off on a bloomington, mn website.
Annie at the front desk is GREAT. The Lion King was AWESOME, Annie :-)
Very spacious hotel. Didn't go in the pool but looked very nice, the gym looked good too. I never stayed at a hotel where they had weights you could lift with.
I would definetly stay here again!! Room was good with nice King size bed. Like that the TV was close and was probably 25" or 27". Normally TVs are small and far away you can barely see them.

• Stayed April 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2004

I've stayed in this hotel during December 2004.

When I arrived at the prime at 9:00 PM I was hoping room service was still open but after reading their hotel handbook realized the hotel only had an operating resteraunt in the morning. So I had to scrounge-up snacks from the vending machines.

They do have free internet but it was only wireless. The problem with their wireless is it was awfully slow. So slow I could not even surf the web or download my e-mail. Net net they need more access points.

The bed was comfortable and the shower was great. At myvery low corporate rate I could stay here again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2004

I stayed at this hotel August 24-26, 2004 as part of a business trip. The hotel was recommended by my company offices in Bloomington.

I was extremely impressed by the service and amenities at the hotel. The front desk people were helpful, room service was friendly and the food was good, and the rooms were well-appointed. I was put in a room on the 4th floor far from the elevators, so it was a very quiet stay.

I was also very pleased with the hotel shuttle service, which was free from the airport and to local businesses and attractions.

I remember going in search of the gym, but I could never find it. The location is pretty good. It is within walking distance of a few restaurants and a Office Depot (or Max) and a World Plus Market. The only drawback is walking alone at night -- you have to pass by a dark, lonely deserted field to get to these places. Otherwise the location is very good (and in a car, no problem at all).

I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2004

Recently stayed one night at this hotel (also known as the Wyndham Airport Hotel). Lobby is inviting with muted colors and a fire blazing in the fireplace. Check-in speedy and friendly. We were on the 5th floor and noted that the walls and doors in the corridors were badly scratched and marked up from the luggage carts. As far as our room, it was smallish, with two double beds, desk and ergonomic chair, upholstered chair and ottoman, armoire with medium-sized TV occupying almost all of the space. Even with the small closet there was very little space to put our suitcases. The bathroom was average-size and clean. One huge complaint about this room--the carpet looked filthy and badly in need of cleaning and/or replacement. View from room overlooked parking lot with freeway in the background (why is is called the Wyndham Garden?) The room amenities were nice--coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea, the comfortable (aforementioned) ergonomic office chair, Playstation2 and Internet available (for a fee). We belong to Wyndham By Request, and our preferred beverages and welcome snack were waiting for us when we arrived. Beds were comfortable, if small. The indoor pool and spa were spacious and not crowded while we were there. The hotel is near many different restaurants, so we did not dine at the hotel restaurant. Overall, it was a great value (we booked a Wyndham By Request special discount) for the money, but I would not stay at this hotel at full price.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member