“Nothing wrong with this hotel ”

GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
Ranked #37 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from Apr 7-11, 2014. The hotel is getting older but is clean. The staff are friendly and helpful.
My only negative point is that if you need a cab, I strongly suggest that you call your own as the company they use, Gold Star cost more than other cabs I used for the same trip on the same day.. Like $10 more.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is dirty run down ghetto hotel. The noise is insane. Its like staying in the streets of New Orleans during Mardi Gras. The management and customer service refuse to listen to any complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Eric S
Mary Ann P, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Eric S.

Thank you for submitting a review. We apologize your stay was unsatisfactory.

Kind Regards,

Mary Ann Perpich Japs
Director of Sales

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at the Park Plaza for 3 nights in March on a spring break trip. I bid and received a great price ($50/night) through Priceline. I thought it was a good hotel for that price. Location was close to the airport/MOA. Room was clean. There was free parking, free wifi, and a pool. Downside was no free breakfast, so you would have to add that to the price if you are a breakfast eater and wanted to compare hotels -- it could get pricey if you had to purchase breakfast for a larger family. We brought food/snacks with us, so it was not an issue. Definitely not a newer hotel, but the rooms and common areas were fine. I felt completely safe and my room was very quiet compared to many I've stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank snickersbunny
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was down for a couple of days in Minneapolis and was checked into the Park Plaza. Not the Ritz but it had all the essentials. A comfortable bed, free breakfast, good bar, and a comfortable bed.
The staff is very friendly and work hard to ensure that you have a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Came here to visit with family and go shopping at the Mall of America. Hotel is a great location. Within 20 minutes of Dave and Busters. About 5 minutes from the MOA. There is a bar by the lobby with a fireplace where you can lounge around and order wine. The room service is excellent. The pizza was impressive.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tim w
Reviewed March 14, 2014

As I am here now I figured I would make a review...

Our room is extremely small!!! no vanity for my makeup and hair stuff... I can hear the people next too me.. No microwave nor mini fridge... It doesn't look anything like the pictures I seen on the website, which was the main reason, I choose this hotel..... The bathroom tile is sticking out which I tripped on in the shower.. the room is very outdated along with the hallways..

The Bed is extremely comfy and the room was clean. so I cant complain that much..... the only place that delivered was American Pie which was very good..

Room Tip: third floor is extremely noisy...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rae D
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Booked rooms for park and fly when we arrived they informed us our rooms were not park and fly, and they had none. The people at the desk were some what rude and no help. Will not refer anyone to use this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Mary Ann P, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear beachgrandma7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We also pride ourselves on displaying friendly, gracious service at our front desk, and I can assure you this is not typical of our property. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thank you once again. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,