“Nice hotel & room, but...”

Park Plaza Bloomington
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Nice hotel & room, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked on Expedia's unpublished price. I wasn't expecting anything incredible, but was pleasantly surprised with the Park Plaza. The room was really nice, quiet, and the bed was super comfortable. The hotel's lobby is nice, and the exterior is nice as well (at night, very cool... they have a purple light shining on the front of it).

The value for the price we paid was amazing, but the service at the front desk was pretty bad. I was unaware of any of the amenities the hotel offered, and the woman checking us in told us nothing about the hotel - just our room number. I asked her if that was all and she said yes. She didn't tell me if there was a breakfast, didn't tell me anything about the restaurant, nothing about the pool - zip, nothing, just the room number. I don't think I should have had to ask to get this info, usually it is standard that the front desk employees inform you about this..? Needless to say we did not have breakfast at the hotel, or eat in the hotel whatsoever. I did not even know what time the check out was at.

2 Thank l0ve_travel93
Mary Ann P, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear lOve_travel93:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are happy to see you were pleased with our hotel facilities, and the value for price paid.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your front desk staff experience. I assure you this is not typical of our hotel, and I will be addressing this issue with our front desk staff, and management team. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, and in this case, we fell short.

We thank you for your business, and we invite you to return so we may display the high level of customer service our guests have come to expect from Park Plaza. Do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if you wish to discuss your guest experience in more detail. Again, thank you for your feedback.

952/960-0022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Northern Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We just stayed here at both the start and end our trip to Florida. We have also used it many times in the past. The shuttle has always been prompt in getting us to and from the airport. Lot term parking is right in their lot (not in a lot a block or so away like some we have stayed at).

The food and drinks are excellent. The beds are comfy. The rooms are clean, but some are a bit dated.

When we went to leave to come home after two weeks of our car sitting in the freezing cold, it didn't start. We went to the desk to ask who to call to get a jump. They said that they could get a hotel staff member to come out and jump it. Now that is GREAT customer service!

3 Thank MNAnnie
Mary Ann P, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Traoiews:

Wow..."Best Minneapolis Hotel You've Used for Park N Fly"....we appreciate your positive comments!! Many thanks for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are happy to see you've enjoyed your many stays at our hotel. I will be sure to share your positive survey results with our hotel team as I know they will appreciate it. Our friendly, gracious staff workhard to take care of our guests, and top scores show them that their hard work pays off. On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon. Do not hesitate to reach out to me personally should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area.

952-960-0022
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a great place to stay. I have been here many times now on business and have never been disappointed, especially with the excellent staff. Thanks for all you do to make me feel welcome and to take any of the hotel stress out of my day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Reed M
Dear Reed,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see you've enjoyed your visits to our property, and we appreciate your loyalty. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our hotel team as I know they will appreciate it. Our staff works very hard to take care of our guests and top scores show them that their hard work pays off. I was particularly pleased to learn we were able ."to take the hotel stress out of your day".

952/960-0022
Park Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Need a place to park n stay, Park Plaza is it. Great staff very friendly and accommodating from checking in and shuttle to the airport and back from the airport. Prompt and courteous. Will definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Valerie N
Mary Ann P, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I will be sure to share your positive survey results with our hotel team as I know they will appreciate it. Our staff works very hard to take care of our guests and top scores show them that their hard work pays off. On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon. Do not hesitate to reach out to me personally should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area.

Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed 3 nights here while attending a seminar. It was clean and comfortable and the best part was that it was more affordable than the majority of the hotels in the area. We could stay here for an extra night instead of having to get up really early to make the drive if we had stayed at a more expensive hotel. The room was spacious, appreciated the shuttle to the Mall of America. Very convenient location. Would have been nice to have a mini fridge in room but overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise H
Dear Denise,

Brookings, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stay at Park Plaza about once a month. I like it's location. The access to plenty of shopping is also a plus! I enjoy the variety on the menu for those days when I just want to stay in. Their park & fly service is also appreciated. The bed is comfortable and the room is always clean. It is my "old faithful" when I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mary Ann P, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Katrinca123,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoy your frequent stays at our hotel. I will be sure to share your positive survey results with our hotel team as I know they will appreciate it. Our staff works very hard to take care of our guests and top scores show them that their hard work pays off.

Again, many thanks for your feedback.

STEPHEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I started staying @ ParkPlaza about 5 years ago when my daughter & I planned a shopping trip to Mall of America. When I saw the rates I wasn't expecting much, I wanted a cheaper place so we could spend more $ shopping, when we got there we were pleasantly surprised! Now it's the only place I stay when I go to Minneapolis. It's definitely the least expensive hotel I know of & a great location. It's very clean & comfortable. I read some previous reviews saying how it was outdated w/uncomfortable beds, I have NEVER had an uncomfortable bed & I don't find it outdated. It's not fancy, but it's nice & comfy. The restaurant & lounge are very relaxing w/ great food. Staff are very pleasant & helpful, you can't beat the shuttle service. I recommend it to anyone going to the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank GREG B
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear GREG B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am thrilled to read that once again you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I would also like to personally thank you for your repeat business as I see you have stayed with us several times in the past. I am glad that our hotel team was helpful and friendly and will be sure to share with them your positive review as I know they will appreciate knowing their hard work makes a difference. We have a great group of people working here at the hotel and I am glad that you agree. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Suzanna B