“Spacious Room--Well Maintained Hotel”

Park Plaza Bloomington
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Northbrook, IL
“Spacious Room--Well Maintained Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were here for three nights. The room was spacious with a king-sized bed, dresser, desk and lounge chair and closet. The bathroom was also spacious with a full-sized tub, an efficient exhaust vent and large bars of soap. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and comfortable (although looking up at the ceiling vent there was a lot of dust on it). The mattress could have been firmer. The furniture and decor were all in excellent condition. I used the exercise room which is adjacent to the pool. Staff was courteous; check-in and check-out were fast and efficient. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but drove to Denny's across the expressway for breakfast. There is also a Perkins a short distance from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ed60062,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online resposne regarding your positive experience at our hotel. We do read and take to heart all of our guests reviews as it is the most accurate way to determine what our guests want in their travel accomodations. I will most definitely share your feedback regarding the comfortable, clean and friendly service you recieved with our hotel team as I know they will appreciate it. I certainly hope you keep us in mind should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area.

Have a Happy Holiday season!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

There are millions of different lodging opportunities that exist in the Bloomington area and we have stayed at many, but find that the Park Plaza is in our opinion, one of the best overall for value and exceptional service. We have stayed at many hotels offering "park n fly" services to the MSP airport during our many years of travel and rate the Park Plaza as the best! The hotel itself is located near much of the Southdate Mall, Shops at Galleria and the 494 expressway. The hotel is clean, well appointed and the staff are FANTASTIC. They are truly trained professionals and all hotels should train their staff using the same principles. We came back from a vacation once only to find our car completely buried with snow. The van driver dropped off my wife at the hotel entrance, came back with me and started to shovel and brush snow off of my car to help me gain access to it. I told him that it wasn't necessary, but he insisted. You just don't find that type of work ethic in most hotel staff and especially shuttle drivers. All the staff from reception to housekeeping are all top notch in customer service. This hotel has become our favorite and should become yours too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MichiganYooper2013,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you have chosen to continue to stay with us over the years to utilize our park and fly package as it is indeed one of our most popular. We do sincerely appreciate our return guests because you are correct, there are many hotels to choose from on the Bloomington strip. I will be sharing your comments with all of our hotel team members to let them know that their hard work does make a big impact on our guests. I certainly hope that you have a fabulous holiday season and we hope to see you soon!

New Brighton, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Got this hotel on Hotwire- it was for one night before flying out and it was the cheapest in the area with decent reviews. The hotel was fine. The rooms were clean, but will need new furniture in the near future. The back parking lot was roped off so the parking lot was pretty full.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Larsmatic,

I am glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I do apologize, however, for the parking concerns you ecountered while you were here and this will be shared with our management team. I am glad to read that you found your stay to be clean as I know our housekeeping team works very hard to be sure that each guest has comfortable accommodations.

Palmer, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is one of the cheapest hotels in the area for a reason. The rooms are not only dated as other reviews indicate - they are also not clean. The exhaust fan in the bathroom in my room wasn't cleaned in years and the curtains were stained. I also found a hair on my towel. The rear parking lot floods but instead of addressing the issue the hotel just puts up barriers and signs. The barriers are a hassle to get around when the lot fills up. Check-in took quite a while but check-out was fast. The hotel did offer a complimentary breakfast to make up for the shortfalls. However the manager's email to me after my stay suggested another area property for my future travel.

Bottom line: If this is the only property within your budget, it's fine for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RentalCarGuy
Dear RentalCarGuy,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide some candid feedback from your most recent stay with us. We use all reviews to help us determine which areas of service we need to focus on as our goal is for every guest to leave feeling as if they have had a positive stay. I am disappointed with the cleanliness concerns and parking issues you encountered during your stay. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department heads to be sure that this does not occur in the future.

Franklin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was a little concerned when I read some of the reviews on this and the online provider I used to book the hotel. My fears were put to rest upon arrival. My room was spacious and clean. It had many outlets and huge desk area, great for a business traveler. The only negatives I saw was that my drapes didn't close completely. It was cloudy and I was on the seventh floor so it wasn't a problem. Also, the tv wasn't a flat screen and rested on the desk area. Would like to see a flat screen mounted on the wall with a pivot arm so it can be viewed from the bed or desk area. bed was very comfortable. Location was fine because it was off the freeway. plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff was nice. no complaints!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michael W,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am glad to see that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay here at the hotel. We do take all of our guest feedback to heart and I can tell you that we have been approved to update the televisions in our room based on this exact feedback we recieve from our guests. Do not hesitate to look us up the next time you are in the Bloomington area as we would love to host your stay in the future.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love this hotel location as it's right off 494 and France Ave!! Close to Southdale /Galleria for shopping. and easy to get to anyplace because it's so close to main throughfares.

I had a great, CLEAN and spacious room - love the "desk area" and comfy chair with good lighting - i always bring hand stitching to do when i travel and it was great to have decent lighting to do it - that's always a plus for me. Sunday when getting ready to check out didn't think about it being a football day until I saw all the "purple" everywhere. The Breakfast buffet was packed but the staff did a wonderful job of clearing tables quickly. I was afraid i might have to stand and eat but they had a place for me when i got through the buffet!! And the waitress staff still had smiles and were very kind even though i am sure they were frazzled! I really enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. it's easy to get too and to get to where ever i need to be in the cities.

Room Tip: My room was in the front and i could look out to the parking lot to check on my vehicle
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Robbin K,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel and I am thrilled to read that you found that our hotel suited your travel needs. I am especially glad to read that you found our hotel team to be friendly. We are very lucky to have some fantastic people working here at the hotel and I will be sure to share with them that you agree. We certainly hope to see you again the next time you find yourself back in the Bloomington area.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. The room left a bit to be desired, but at $72 a night and a king sized bed...not gonna complain too much. The staff are very friendly - both room service and the front desk. You might be able to do better in terms of location since it's kind of hidden near a highway...but it was great for what I needed and they have shuttles to go to a lot of places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear R H,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you found our hotel to be a good value for the price you paid, that our hotel team was friendly, and you were able to utilize our shuttle service. Your are correct, we are a bit of the main trail but we do offer that shuttle service to the Mall of America and the airport for our guests. We hope to see you again soon!