“Rooms are nice, service is meh~”

Park Plaza Bloomington
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
SF, CA
“Rooms are nice, service is meh~”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights and the room was really nice. We were excited about the pool but it was really small and the water wasn't very clean so we didn't even bother using it. Everything about the hotel was actually great until the last night we stayed there. When we got back to our room, they had cleaned it but, they failed to give us more shampoo and conditioner - you must understand, we had already been there two nights so our supply was running really low. They also didn't give us a new tissue box even though they disposed of our empty tissue box. If that had nailed those things, I would've definitely given this hotel a better review. Though, the location is good - very close to shopping and the Mall of America.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear mhhime20,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online response to our hotel. I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. However, I do see that we could have been more on task when it came to replenishing the amenities in your room and for that I apologize. I will be sure to share these comments with our housekeeping team as a reminder that even the smallest details can make a big impact on our guests. I am glad to see, however, that you found the hotel to be nice and clean and your room to be comfortable. We hope to see you again soon should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area.

Suzanna B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Suffice to say that this is a hotel which caters to shoppers due to its proximity to the Mall of America. The furniture is old and it the rooms are run down, old TV set and noisy ventilation. And to top it off, the first room I was given had some form of scum on the bathroom counter, I changed rooms but question the poor cleaning practice. I will never return. Be warned.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Bob G,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am disappointed to read that we did not fit your hotel needs as a business traveler. You are correct that we are considered a Mall of America hotel and do receive quite a bit of Mall travelers. However, I would like to sincerely apologize for the condition of your first room upon arrival. Our goal is for every guest to have a clean and comfortable room upon arrival and this clearly did not happen. This will be shared with our housekeeping team as a reminder that every detail makes a big difference to our guests so I appreciate your candid feedback.

Bowie,MD
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was in Minneapolis for one day before flying out the next morning. I chose the Park Plaza because they were close to the airport and had a free shuttle.

Before flying out, I had access to a car. The hotel is not immediately obvious as to where it is located, it's tucked back behind other buildings and not really visible from the highway.

The hotel was nice, and the room was comfortable. Minnesota was experiencing heavy rains, so the rear parking lot was closed off, in case the local stream flooded. But the hotel had arranged for parking across the street, so there was enough parking.

The shuttle was easy to catch, both from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear rkolosky,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review to our hotel and I am glad to read that you found your stay to be enjoyable and comfortable. You are correct that with heavy rains this summer there was a concern of flooding in the back parking lot. Our hotel team has done as much as we can to be sure that it caused the least amount inconvenience as possible and I am glad that it showed. We hope to see you again should you find yourself back in the Bloomington area.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

An excellent hotel, well priced with good facilities, nearby restaurants, extremely well positioned for getting to the Mall of America and also into Minnieapolis and state fair, only down side was a bit tricky to find originally but soon overcome that problem.

Room Tip: No great views to be had
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David A,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of your stay with us and we are thrilled that you had a good time. It sounds like you did quite a bit of shopping so I'm sure you left the Bloomington area with your luggage a little heavier and your pockets a little lighter! We hope you to see you again soon.

Ifrane, Morocco
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Park Plaza for 4 nights for a conference and was very impressed with the food service, room comfort, and ease of having everything together. We had walleye pike for the big banquet, and it was very well prepared. I would have been very happy with it in a restaurant--moist without being mushy and quite tasty--let alone in a banquet for lots of people. The meeting rooms were clean, comfortable, and easy to navigate.

As far as the sleeping room, it was very nice. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was clean, and there was a very nice work area. The only dings were a bad spot on the carpet and the TV was an old CRT, but I didn't have time to watch it so it didn't matter.

It would be advisable to have a car. There are a few places to walk to, but it is remote from the Mall of America, the downtown areas, etc.

The staff were extremely helpful with arranging a ride to a restaurant, questions regarding logistics, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back should be quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MinnTex,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy both the room you stayed in and the conference that you attended. I will be sure to share your rave reviews regarding the meals you had with our executive chef and his team as I know he will be thrilled. We are very lucky to have some great people working here at the hotel and I am glad that you agree. We hope to see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the area.

Derry
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here on Business from 15th Sep until 29th Sep. On 1st impression the Hotel was beautifully lit up at night, was right next to my workplace, and the Foyer was very Welcoming. The Check-in was extremely fast, which after a 20 hour journey, was most welcoming.
On my way to the room, I thought the General Decor of the Hall and room was a bit Tired and dated. Very old Televisions in the Rooms and Bar. I was hoping I would have been able to connect my Tablet or Drive to the TV, but I had to settle for my Laptop.
Other than that, the Service in the Hotel was amazing, from the very welcoming and helpful staff on the Desk. The Room was always well cleaned, Bed was very comfortable. And the Staff at Breakfast and in the Bar in the evening were a credit to the Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Suzanna B, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Paddywan1138,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am thrilled to read that overall you enjoyed your stay here at hotel. I hear and understand your comments regarding the improvements that would be nice regarding decor and televisions. We are hoping to make some of the changes in the nearby future but approval for these projects takes time. In the meantime, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and I am glad to see that this shows. I will be sure to share your review with our hotel team as I know they will appreciate knowing that their hard work makes a difference to our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Front Office Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza for a family trip. The front desk staff is professional and friendly.
Our room was clean but needed new carpeting and a flat screen. I consider this property
a value but the breakfast is an additional cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Martin7456,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of our hotel. I am thrilled to read that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I am especially glad to read that you found the room to be clean and the hotel team to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate the feedback regarding the carpet and television in your room as we do read and take to heart all of our guest feedback. On behalf of everyone here at the hotel, thank you for staying and we hope to see you in the future!

Front Office Manager