“CAN'T BEAT IT FOR THE MONEY”

GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Used this hotel for one night after a long day if travel that ended with a late final flight. Staff is fantastic and wax helpful
In coordinating food delivery since the restaurant was closed. Hotel is dated as are the rooms but its clean and well cared for. Free shuttle to/from airport and free wifi was a huge plus considering the fantastic price for the hotel room. Will for sure stay again under the same circumstances of flying in late.

• Stayed: December 2012
PeteBoese, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear dlb0758,

Thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Hotel, it is nice to see that our staff was able to make a favorable impact on your overall impression of the hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the hotel met your expectations.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked this hotel with some trepidation after reading the spotty reviews. I shouldn't have worried. This hotel is in a business traveler neighborhood. Business travelers need a certain level of predictability and quality (or at least I was happier with those than not when I traveled for business). The Park Plaza does these things.

Yeah, not everything is new, but it just can't be. But what they've got they're executing well. The pool is clean. The bar is functional. The front desk is competent. Housekeeping did their job. I could go on, but there's no need. These are hospitality professionals catering to traveling professionals. We were here with family, but they didn't miss a beat.

Is it perfect? No, but that's an unreasonable standard. Book without fear.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
PeteBoese, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Cable_Hogue, Thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Bloomington, I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. We all appreciate your comments as we do take our jobs seriously and try to provide a solid guest experience. I see that you have traveled extensively and have stayed at many different locations, so thank you for the positive ranking you have given our hotel.

If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and that all of the upcoming holidays are filled with joyous moments.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Check in was quick. Parking free. Wifi free. All plus' in my book. Has a lounge in the lobby, some meeting spaces out back, a couple o treadmills and an elliptical in the weight room, and an indoor pool and hot tub.
I had room 501 was a rather large red stain in the carpet, but otherwise room was fresh and good enough. A little worn on the finishes- but nothin terrible.

• Stayed: November 2012
PeteBoese, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Good afternoon RJ24R2,

Thank you for review of the Park Plaza, I am impressed with the volume of contributions you have made to TripAdvisor! I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay in Bloomington. I am sorry that the carpet has that red spot, we have tried to shampoo out that spot and now feel like we are going to have to cut it out because we can't get rid of it. I can assure you the carpet was clean, just not in perfect condition.

If I can ever be of personal service, please call me directly at 952-831-3311. Happy Thanksgiving and I hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed at numerous hotels in this area and would say this is more like a 2.5 star hotel with 3-3.5 star beds. The biggest things are beds are comfortable. I got this place assigned through priceline express deal. This place is older but didn't bother me. Staff were very helpful when i called to request 2 double beds. If I end up here again with priceline I won't mind.

• Stayed: November 2012
PeteBoese, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Good morning snipes91,

Thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Bloomington. I am pleased to see that our beds met your expectations and that we were able to provide you with two double beds. It is nice to see that our staff was able to make a positive impact on your overall impression of the hotel.

I am hopeful that we can be of service to you on future visits to this area and if I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I hope your upcoming holidays are filled with cheer!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and 2 year old son stayed here prior to vacation where we were going to need to fly. From the moment we walked in the door, we felt welcomed by the staff and were impressed by the layout of the lobby. Our room was extremely spacious and nicely decorated. It seemed to have a high level of class in that we felt we were living luxuriously! The pool was excellent and clean. The shuttle to the airport was very timely on our departure day and we only needed to call the hotel for a return shuttle upon our return to Minneapolis. We were really impressed by the drivers we had in how they helped us and treated our 2 year old! We will definitely return to this hotel as it provided incredible value and impeccable service.

Room Tip: Our room faced the interstate and yet we never heard any traffic!....makes me think any of the rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PeteBoese, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

epi007, thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Hotel, I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in Bloomington. There are so many hotels in Bloomington to choose from and we are grateful that you chose us for your important travel needs. If I can ever be of personal service for future visits, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Until the next time, enjoy your holidays and thank you again.

Kind regards, Pete Boese, General Manager, 952-831-3311

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We enjoyed this establishment. The room was big and clean. The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey, yet the food was very good with a nice variety. The lack of microwave and mini fridge was a bit disappointing but not major. My only regret was that we didn't have time to try out the pool. Considering the price we paid, a discount, I was still very happy with this motel and would glady stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Heather B, good afternoon and thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Hotel. I am thrilled to see that we may be of service to you for future visits, please feel free to contact me personally when your travels bring you back to this area. You should come back in the cold of winter to enjoy the hot tub and the pool, it is fun to be swimming in the warm room while seeing the snow outside. I am sorry that our rooms don't have microwaves and refrigerators in all of the rooms, we do have suites that have both, or they are available to rent (limited quantity).

Thank you again and we all look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Kind regards, Pete Boese, General Manager, 952-831-3311

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed 2 nights through Priceline.com. The property must be on the furthest edge of the area I selected (near the Mall). It was a 10 minute drive to the mall. The staff was nice and the mattresses were firm without the normal center sinkhole. Fitness center was small. Overall the hotel needed updating. Hotel is not 3 stars as advertised, but 2 nights for under a C note...I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PeteBoese, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

cs525, good morning and thank you for your review of the Park Plaza Hotel. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay in Bloomington and that the bed met your expectations, as that is an important part of the overall experience! I am hopeful that our shuttle service was able to make the drive to the mall easier for you. I think you will find that all of the Bloomington hotels, including those further out than ours, specify proximity to the mall as we are in the same city.

If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, 952-831-3311.

Kind regards, Pete Boese, General Manager