“What a fabulous place to stay! We will be back!!!”

Park Plaza Bloomington
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Manitoba, Canada
“What a fabulous place to stay! We will be back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We really enjoyed our two night stay here. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast buffet was very enjoyable. The waiter and waitress were very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is only about a 6 minute drive to Mall of America. This hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the Mall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ParkPlaza84, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and experienced the service we are so proud of. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the appropriate staff members. We look forward to your return and be sure to check us out on Facebook for any promotions or updates that we will be posting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New Richmond, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

We like to stay here when in the cities. It's a great value for what we get. spacious room, free wireless internet that is fast! Comfortable beds. I do agree though with a previous review about the noisy window units! It is time hotels start doing some upgrades to the cooling and heating units and get rid of the bathtubs already. Put in shower stalls and lots more accessible sockets!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bearpawqs
ParkPlaza84, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Hello and Thank You for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return. You will be pleased to learn that we had begun the process of replacing all the old window units and continue to do so on a monthly basis. The new units are much quieter and still allow you to use both heating and/or cooling to your preference. We do hope upon your return you will find these a nice change. There are no plans to take out the tubs as these are still requested however enhancements of the bowed shower curtian rods and massage shower heads were installed to make your shower a more enjoyable experience. We do appreciate your feedback and your business. Please dont hesitate to contact us in the future for any further needs.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

5 miles from MOA and only 12 to downtown. Nearest bagel place was about 3 miles down the road. This hotel is also within 5 miles of REI. The bed was very comfortable and the only really sign of wear was in the bathroom some paint was peeling above the light. The hottub should have been warmer as well. Overall great value.

• Stayed May 2011
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Thank you for your comments, I am very pleased to see that we were able to meet or exceed your expectations during your stay. If you have a moment to contact me at the hotel to advise me of which room you occupied during your stay so we can address the paint and wallpaper issues in the bathroom, it would assist me in making sure the room is in better condition for the next guest.

I hope we can be of service to you on future visits, please contact me directly if I can be of assistance to you for future stays.
Mercer, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

I was very disappointed in this hotel given its rating as a 3 star hotel. The lobby and lounge area were passable, but the hallway on my floor looked it could have been a low rent apartment building. Water stains on the ceiling and walls, all the doors scuffed and stained and just a general shabby look. My room had a distinct and unpleasant odor to it and my blow dryer fell off the wall in the bathroom. The location for the hotel is good - very convenient to the area and major highways and I felt safe, but other than that it was an unpleasant experience. I won't be going back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where our opportunities are so we can continue to work on improving our product and service. I was happy to see that you enjoyed the lounge and lobby areas, obviously we need to continue with the other common areas. We are working on the hallways and continue to paint doors and ceilings, shampoo carpeting and perform preventative maintenance in all of our rooms.

If I can ever be of personal assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again and I am hopeful that we do have the opportunity to be of service to you on future visits.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

At first when i booked this Hotel thru hot wire I was very worried after reading all the horrible reviews. However both my girlfriend and I were very happy with our stay. Now I know there are better hotels out there, however at 55$ a night you would be a fool to complain. The front desk staff were great. They were more than willing to help with anything we needed. The shuttle bus they have even drop us off at a bar near by and picked us up. We went to a comedy show at the mall of america and they picked us up well past closing hours. Being able to have a few drinks and not worry about driving was nice. The pool was fine, nothing amazing but the hot tub was nice. The lounge has the best happy hour from 5-7, 2$ drinks cannot be beat. The one thing i have to say is they should paint the doors in the hallway...looking a little nasty and a little paint would not cost much.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
PeteBoese, Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for your kind response, we are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you on future visits. If I can be of personal assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Thunder Bay, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Location is ok, lots of free parking. upon check-in, room was dirty - did not look like the floor was vacuumed. No thermostat just a fan that was very loud and made room very dry. No fan in bathroom. Stayed on second floor and could not access stairs - only on way down. No view at all, window was maybe 2feet and at top of wall. Very dated decor, old tv and just generally gross. Definitely not worth even a three star rating - will be staying at Hilton from now on - wish I trusted my gut and read the previous reviews. And to top it off - they tried charging us for a breakfast we never ordered!

• Stayed March 2011
PeteBoese, General Manager at Park Plaza Bloomington, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I have shared your comments with our management staff to point out our opportunities with cleanliness standards and overall appeal. We are continually working on our hotel and keep making improvements as we are able to.

I would also like to apologize for the confusion regarding the breakfast bill, we need to take our time ringing up breakfast bills to ensure they are placed on the correct room account.

If I can ever be of personal assistance to you, please don't hesitate to call on me at the hotel.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

Absolutely horrible customer service when trying to cancel a reservation. Stephan at the front desk was rude and unfriendly when speaking to potential guests.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple