Super 8 Bloomington/Airport
$132
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,826 results
All reviewsbloomington airportroom was cleanshuttle driverwafflesgreat shuttle servicecontinental breakfastfree shuttleconvenient locationparking lottwin citiesmoteljoeymallcerealflyfreewaywalmart
FilterAll languages
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed July 13, 2005

Hi all,
Just wanted to share real quick. A friend and I stayed here for 5 days (July 8-12) to see the sights and check out the Great Mall of America. The parking was plenty, the room was in excellent shape, the breakfast was good (6:30-9am, cereal, toast, bagels, danishes, oj, apple juice, coffee, tea), the AC was cold, the allover wireless internet access was stupendous and *hella* fast, the laundy facilities were good (only 1 washer & dryer on the 3rd floor though - for everyone), the shuttle service was excellent and prompt, and the service was friendly and amenable.

Oh, and did I mention they're easy to get to? Right off the I-494. There's a McDonalds, Walmart, Walgreens, Subway, and Denny's nearby among other things. It was a great trip and we had a great stay here. We're thinking of coming back in the future. Well worth it for the money you pay!
(PS - We paid about 70 per nite.)

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Like the title says this hotel is not the hilton but we thought it was very clean with a white spotless bathroom. The bed was your typical hotel bed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. One night we were wanting to find Outb ack steakhouse so we asked and to our suprise they pulled out a typed sheet listing directions to all the nearby restaurants. We found it with ease.

The hotel is in a great location right near a Walmart and just down the street from the MOA.

The first day we took the shuttle provided by the hotel but saw how easy it was to drive and drove the rest of the time.

Our only complaint was the shuttle driver was a little crazy in his driving.

For those wanting a clean room and a bargain price right down from the MOA this Super 8 can't be beat!

FYI: There is an IKEA home furnishing store right down the road from the hotel by the MOA and I highly recommend you visit this store. We enjoyed it the most as we found lot's of very nice lamps etc with a cool twist you don't see everyday. The whole IKEA expierence was a plus as well!

Stay here....you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Dakota
Reviewed June 17, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 for 2 nights in June 2005. Usually we stay in a more up-scale hotel when traveling, but on this trip I wanted to save our money for the MOA. We were very pleased with our room and the customer service at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and our room was super quiet. We didn't hear any noise from the neighbors on either side or the guests above us. One time we heard the fellow across the hall shut his door--that was it for the whole two days/nights--what a quiet hotel! The room was very clean, I felt comfortable enough to walk barefoot in the room. (That doesn't happen in even some of the more expensive places we have stayed.) The bathroom was spotless. The air conditioner put out tons of cold air. The linens were clean and smelled nice. My only complaint was that the pillow was a little thin for my taste. The staff was very polite and gave easy to follow directions for getting downtown and around the area. I happily recommend this hotel to anyone headed to the Bloomington area.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2005

This Super 8 is great! We stayed here recently for about 50 dollars per night. The place was super clean, super comfortable, and of course super affordable. located 1.5 miles from mall of America, a complimentary shuttle is provided. This Super 8 also provides complimentary shuttle service to the airport. I found this service to be very efficient. A continental breakfast is also included. You just can't beat it. I was reluctant to try at first because I enjoy more upscale "digs" but this hotel was as comfortable as many three times the rate and it was also one of the cleanest . Try it, you'll like it! by the way, if you don't rent a car, just take their shuttle to mall and catch the light rail or bus inot st paul or minneapolis! You can also catch a tour bus from the mall!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank armchair
Reviewed July 22, 2004

We stayed at this hotel while visiting the Mall of America. By booking online, we paid only $ 59, and I would have easily paid more. I think that Super 8 motels are snubbed because they don't portray all the bells and whistles of other hotels. You get a great room, which was quite large actually. Two queen beds in ours which easily accommodated two adults and 3 kids (ages 4, 6, & 9). The staff was very friendly, and everything was clean and neat. The room had a fridge and microwave which was a must when travelling with kids. We stayed at a Holiday Inn the night before, and were disappointed when we couldn't get a second night there. Luckily, this hotel was just as pleasant. We will definitely look for Super 8 hotels on our next vacation!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member