“Great place to stay!”

Super 8 Bloomington/Airport
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Altoona
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Good hotel for the price. If you are looking for a clean hotel at an affordable price convenient to the Minneapolis airport I recommend this one.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel is just two miles away from Mall of America. Had shuttle service to mall and airport. Very clean and quiet. The rates were great. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. Lots of parking. Rooms were very clean. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pine City, Minnesota
Reviewed September 13, 2013

On September 6th, I drove two hours to visit my friends staying in Room 324 at this motel. They are from OK and I am from Northern MN. I had not seen them in 3 years. They checked in early afternoon and by the time I arrived to visit the husband was having difficulty catching his breath, eyes watering, nose running, etc. By the time I was leaving, his wife was also having similar symptoms. I went down to front desk to ask how to get to a Walgreens open with a pharmacist on staff and the person sent me to the wrong one in the wrong direction. My friend's husband was turning blue...unable to oxygenate his body, coughing, with eyes and nose running. His wife was also getting noticeably sicker. After an hour of driving around, I finally located a Walgreens and picked up bronchial, sinuses, coughing, and congestion meds from the pharmacist. I spent the rest of the evening monitoring them. In the morning, I was also sick with the same symptoms. My friends and I only saw each other during that visit in the motel and a virus would not incubate in that short of time for all three of us to get so sick. The air conditioner in the room was on because it was hot and muggy outside. The next morning the husband reported the ordeal to the motel staff at checkout. As of today 9/13/13, the couple is home in Oklahoma and I am in Northern Minnesota and we are still all sick with the same symptoms. I don't know who to report this to for the air quality to be checked in Room 324 at this motel...it is NOT HEALTHY. As a side note, the couple also reported to the front desk a used condom in the hallway near that same room.

2 Thank Goldie84
S8BloomingtonGM, General Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am so sorry to know that after your long drive, your visit with friends did not go well due to illness. I am also really disappointed to read about the other issues that you experienced. I know that 324 is a smoking room and that can cause poor air quality. I have had maintenance take that air conditioner out and clean it well as a precaution.

Thank you again for the feedback. I hope you are feeling better! If I can be of assistance at any time please contact me directly at 952-888-8800.

Melody Maus
Port Colborne
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staff was super great. Very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good as well although there were no bagels and cream cheese (my favourite). Still, fruit, yogurt etc was great to have. Rooms were lovely. Access to highways/freeway always helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
#40 of 42 in Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W

Been to Super 8 Bloomington/Airport? Share your experiences!