“Great Overnite Stay”

Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Great Overnite Stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My friend and I went and stayed overnight and she took their shuttle to the airport at 4:00 AM and I stayed until 8:00 when I left to make sales calls. We rented a smoking room and it did not smell like smoke. The room was clean and everything that was supposed to be there was along with a nice large safe for valuables. We asked for extra pillows and they came within minutes. Nice Breakfast in the morning as well. Staff was cheery and effiecient. We checked in with no hassles within minutes.

Room Tip: Just don't get one next to the washer and dryer
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank VLB17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2011

absolutely no reason to complain about this hotel, room was spotless and everything smelled clean. we loved the continental breakfast! most places only offer toast and cereal but here you can make your own waffles in the waffle iron that was nice. fresh fruit, coffee, toast, bagels, cereal and everything else was always topped off when they were running low.
hottub and sauna was really relaxing too, i noticed how clean it was there too that is very important to us and they didnt disapoint!
there was a shuttle that came to and from mall of america every 2 hours, nice feature but we didnt use it since we did alot of other shopping so we just took my car.
staff was friendly and helpful which really helped me on giving this review a perfect mark of 10/10!!!! definately reccommend to stay here, also got a great rate of under $70/ night!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beatingwinterblues
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I travel for work so I stay in a lot of hotels. I usually favor Marriott but decided to stay in town a few extra days on my own dime.

I am absolutely impressed with this Super 8. It is hands down the best Super 8 that I have been at and has more comfortable beds than much higher end resorts.

Pillows could be fluffier, but I asked for a couple extra so that works. Breakfast is appreciated, fruit and cereal is fine. The internet is strong and FREE. Shuttle drivers are amenable and courteous also FREE. The hot tub is clean, hot, with strong jets. I plan on trying the dry sauna this evening.

I would recommend anyone on a budget to give this place a try. I rarely leave comments, but again I am so very happy here. I still have three more nights and so far it's been a pleasure.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that is on the freeway side. Next time I'd ask to stay closer to the hot tu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Shoshonechic
Bulkington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We spent our first night in the US this year in this motel & the last 2 nights, prior to flying home. It is a clean, modern and pleasantly staffed establishment that is well up to the quality of motels that we expect in America.
The room was good sized and clean. The provided breakfast was more than adequate, with waffles, cereals, toast, donuts & yogurt available in any quantity that we chose. Fruit juice & coffee was also 'on tap'.
The staff were friendly and always had a smile.
The only downside, for us, was slow broadband but then we are conditioned to much faster speeds at home than we found anywhere in the States.
I would recommend this motel to anybody visiting Minneapolis.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RalphMidlands
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend and had a blast. The staff was VERY friendly and always willing to give directions or suggestions of places to go. The room we got was a king size smoking room (my boyfriend smokes) and stayed for 3 nights. There was a free shuttle to and from the airport and Mall of America, which we used a fair amount. We took the light rail transit to downtown Minneapolis to have some drinks. We just got off at the airport and the shuttle would come pick us up. It was great because the light rail is only $1.75. The only downfall about the hotel was that our room faced the interstate so when the window was open it was a little bit loud but that wasn't major and the fact that there was no fridge. But I just put ice in the sink to keep our drinks cold lol. The room has a safe for free so we just kept our passports in there so we wouldn't lose them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank charlag1983
Winnipeg
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We were there on a shopping stop (surprise) and I am so glad we picked this motel. I have never been in a hotel with such great beds! I slept like a rock. Also Melody and her staff were EXTREMELY helpful with directions in the area and went out of their way to help us in every way they could. Rates were really affordable for the great location too. They picked us up from the airport within MINUTES. Other shuttles in the area, I've sometimes not even been picked up or had to wait hours, but everything went absolutely smoothly with this location. Will stay here again! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank shoppaholic101
Milford DE
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Was one of the best Super 8's that we have stayed. Super shuttle to Mall of America and breakfast was one of the best we had.

Should be rated very high. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Was only a one night stay, but definitely would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
#40 of 42 in Bloomington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport

Been to Super 8 Bloomington/Airport? Share your experiences!