Stayed at the Hilton Minneapolis for two nights because I couldn't get a hotel downtown while visiting Mpls for work during the All Star game festivities. The only negative as to the location is that there is no direct route to the light rail - you can't walk through the parking lots as they are all fenced off so you have to sort of go out of the way on the sidewalk. Takes about 10-15 minutes at a leisurely pace. The shuttle was not very timely upon arrival at the airport but leaves on a regular schedule from the hotel.
I was very impressed with the hotel reception for accommodating me when my flight was cancelled late on the original arrival day; even though I called past the normal cancellation time, they changed my reservation to two instead of three nights without penalty. And I admit I was a bit crabby (not the hotel's fault) but the person I spoke with handled me with grace :)
Upon arrival around 11 am my room was not ready but I was able to change and use the fitness room and take a shower (though the water was ice cold) in the small locker room area adjacent to the pool/fitness room.
The fitness room is decent albeit a bit warm - I think that's because it's a sort of sun room. Most of the equipment is in good condition though two of the five (yes five) treadmills were out of order. I didn't have the opportunity to use the pool or whirlpool, but that area looked very nice. Well stocked with towels and clean.
I had dinner both nights in the lounge/restaurant and was particularly impressed with the wine by the glass list...extensive and reasonable (I live in NYC) for a hotel bar. I had the duck salad one night and the portobello mushroom sandwich the other and both were very tasty.
If I ever did have occasion to stay near the airport again, I would consider the Hilton and would recommend to others for that purpose as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America is set apart from other Bloomington, MN hotels by its commitment to customer service and environmental stewardship. Situated adjacent to the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, this Hilton hotel provides a unique sense of peace in the Bloomington, MN area. We offer complimentary shuttle service to the nearby Mall of America and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP). Close to the Light Rail Transit system, guests have convenient access to downtown Minneapolis and a variety of professional sporting events at Target Field, Target Center, and Mall of America Field. While at the hotel, be sure to savor Blue Water Grill’s award-winning steaks or seafood entrees and admire the nature photography on display, all created by Executive Chef Eric G Baker. And to make your stay comfortable and convenient, we offer great amenities such as the glass-enclosed atrium recreation area with a heated indoor pool, two whirlpools, 24-hour fitness center and complimentary parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall Of America Bloomington, MN, North America