“Business Travelers: beware of the "pet friendly"”

Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was astonished to learn at 1:00 AM that dogs were permitted throughout the entire hotel as part of the Hilton's "oh gosh aren't we warm and fuzzy?" policy. The intense yipping barking went on in the hall for about 2 minutes. Staff were sympathetic the next morning, but could not give me back the hours of lost sleep after being startled wide awake.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spent 2 nights here for a conference. I was the meeting planner.

The hotel was awesome to work with for a meeting. They were attentive and met all of my group's needs. My group loves the Red Fox Den -- where you have access to snacks and drinks all day long. It is expensive but a total big hit.

The shuttle system to the Mall of America was great. The drivers were always on time and very helpful.

The rooms themselves are standard business type rooms. Internet was great -- no problems.

We would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: A higher floor would be better!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and paid for a nights stay and 5 day's parking because we were leaving for vacation. Prior to leaving I asked the attendant where I should park my vehicle and they showed me which lot to park in. Upon our return, I was shocked to see that my vehicle was gone. When I inquired at the hotel, they said that they towed my truck because they were having the lot re-surfaced. I did not give my approval or even receive a call. Made me feel like they did me a service in paying for the tow. Terrible, terrible customer service. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it myself.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I only stayed for a night since I had a 6:00am flight out of MSP and wanted to be close by. The staff was friendly when I checked in. There is no porter service - at least i didn't see one - so the luggage carrying is all up to you. Traveling a lot in Asia I'm used to a much better service. When I searched for my room number, it didn't exist. The executive floor staff helped me kindly after I had walked up and down the hallway in search for my room. Nothing you like after a long day. There was some reunion or other kind of party going on so after Check in as well as check out I had drunken guests with their drinks in the elevator. I don't want to go into details but not a pleasant situation for a single women. Next time I probably would go for a different place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great hotel and very accommodating for an early flight. The room was excellent, not much view as there was nothing to look at from the window except for a game reserve. I thought it odd that a game reserve was that close to all the development in the area. The executive lounge was very, very small. In fact, it was downright tiny. Only about 5 or 6 tables , one bartender and nowhere to sit. The bartender was very rude when it came time to shut the drinks down. He slammed every door he could find and people just had shocked looks on their faces asking each other "what's his problem?" The shuttle to the airport the next morning was a big plus.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here two nights on business. My room on the 9th floor was spacious. There are no in-room movies and no mini-bars in this hotel. If you have access to the executive lounge, they serve drinks, snacks & full entrees. There's also a little bar downstairs that's kind of dumpy, and a restaurant beside it that's very good. I enjoyed what I ordered there, and the service was great. Latasha at the front desk is excellent!!! As a matter of fact, service was above average across the board. You're about a $45 cab ride into downtown Minneapolis - I recommend that you use Uber rather than a cab as Uber costs less for the exact same trip. I didn't go to the Mall of Americas, but apparently it's less than two miles from the hotel. The location is extremely convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business