I'm a Hilton timeshare owner and HHonors member so I stay at a lot of Hiltons and picked this one from the large group of Minneapolis airport hotels, for a one-night stay to rest up between flight and long drive. Be aware that although it says "Mall of America", this hotel is not that close to the Mall and in fact is quite far from it compared to other airport hotels on the same stretch of road, so you can't walk to the Mall or anything. However, the Hilton does run a shuttle bus from hotel to mall several times a day so you won't have any problem getting to Mall of America if you want to go. The only things within walking distance of this Hilton are a wildlife preserve area across the street, and a public transportation/ train stop a block away, as well as some other hotels. No restaurants etc. in this area so you will have to do all your eating inside the hotel or drive somewhere else.
Parking lot is huge and free but there are a lot of signs warning you not to leave anything in your car, which makes me wonder a little about safety. Once inside, the staff are all very friendly. Seemed like a lot of convention events going on in this hotel. Lobby is very nice. Upstairs you can tell this is an older building but it has been decently rehabbed with new carpets and some new fixtures.
I had a room with king bed and due to being HHonors Gold I got "executive lounge" privileges. I gave it the four stars based on having the access to the exec lounge, otherwise this place would be three stars. Lounge is on the 12th floor and has a full breakfast in the morning including bacon, eggs, toast, cereal, juice etc. as well as snacks of candy, cereal and free pop/ water throughout the day and free cocktail hour around 5 pm. This is a nice perk and definitely helpful given that the hotel restaurant is a bit fancy and there aren't any fast food/ coffee options outside. On a clear day you can get a nice view of the Minneapolis skyline with planes taking off out the executive lounge windows and it's also open 24 hours so no worries when you need a bottled water or a Coke at 1 am.
As for my room I had to take a handicapped room to get the king bed as that was all they had. The bed and furnishings were nice and seemed pretty new. A/C in the room was not quite up to the task of cooling on a 100-degree day outside and I had to put it clear down to 65 degrees to get any meaningful cold air out. The bathroom had handicapped fixtures which meant there was a lot of space and grab bars (appreciated) but also had a high toilet with no toilet lid, a sink where the water came out too fast for the depth of the sink causing water to go everywhere and no ledge for your toiletries (I had to put them on the decorative shelf across the room in a corner), and the tub had a hand-held shower attachment with loose hardware meaning it would not stand upright to be a shower head when mounted, and kept spraying water out the connection to the hose which would work loose. Bathroom was clean and pretty but they really need to fix the shower head as water was going everywhere except where I wanted it to be. Also no in-room safe.
Overall I would say this is a nice value if you can get exec lounge privileges and don't pay too much for the room. Mine was free with my Hilton points so can't complain. However if the price is above 150 I would maybe look at other hotel deals as there are a whole bunch of them around the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America is set apart from other Bloomington, MN hotels by its commitment to customer service and environmental stewardship. Situated adjacent to the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, this Hilton hotel provides a unique sense of peace in the Bloomington, MN area. We offer complimentary shuttle service to the nearby Mall of America and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP). Close to the Light Rail Transit system, guests have convenient access to downtown Minneapolis and a variety of professional sporting events at Target Field, Target Center, and Mall of America Field. While at the hotel, be sure to savor Blue Water Grill’s award-winning steaks or seafood entrees and admire the nature photography on display, all created by Executive Chef Eric G Baker. And to make your stay comfortable and convenient, we offer great amenities such as the glass-enclosed atrium recreation area with a heated indoor pool, two whirlpools, 24-hour fitness center and complimentary parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall Of America Bloomington, MN, North America