“Great location-”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, il
“Great location-”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed her over this past weekend and got a really good deal for Hilton. This hotel is in a good location and has an excellent staff. A few drew backs for me but may not be for others
1. The bathroom is too small. the door barely swings in without hitting the commode
2. The beds are old and uncomfortable. I love Hilton properties for the beds, even the Hampton inns have excellent beds. This Hilton has very uncomfortable hard beds
3. The pillows are terrible- you have to stack up 2-3 to get the height of a normal pillow

The pros are
1. the location
2. The staff
3. Room service very good and fast
4. Executive level great selections and good staff
5. Reasonable price
Depending on what is important to you this may be a great hotel. I will likely stay here again, but bring my own pillow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed review and especially your mention of the staff and food quality. Our down bedding package tends to be quite soft. However, we keep a supply of firmer synthetic filled pillows available for guest requests. You're always welcome to ask for firm pillows and we'll make a point of having your room/suite prepared prior to your arrival.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I had a king room which was very nice. If you like softer beds it was perfect. It would be nice if they had free Internet. They could do a better job of sound proofing the rooms. There were about 50 kids staying on the same floor and you could hear them yelling in the hallways at all hours. And banging stuff around in there rooms. Loved the fact that they had 2 hit tubs and the pool was also heated. Didn't like the fact your going through the main lobby in your swim suits and dripping water all over.

• Stayed March 2013
We're grateful for your feedback and positive comments. I do apologize for the noise you experienced with many children in the hotel that weekend.

We can't wait to welcome you back!
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Compared to other Hilton's, this property while very nice, has a feel that they are cutting a few corners to keep expenses down. For example, whereas the TV is one of the larger sets I've seen, the desk chair was hard plastic, not the usual mesh in Hiltons. Other furniture was showing its age, but servicable. Oh, and do a towel-count before settling in. I only had 1 in the room (probably an oversite.)

However, the location is outstanding, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. So I would stay here again. Probably...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the natural area to the east for a great morning view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and the mention of our east view rooms and the 42" HDTVs. I'm sorry the ergonomic chair didn't meet your expectations. If you ever have specific concerns, we have a variety of office style chairs available for meeting rooms and would be delighted to deliver one upon request.

We look forward to your next visit,
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The shuttle bus driver was awesome. He was at the airport in record time and took us to a TGI Fridays for a late supper after we flew all day. He was there to pick us up immediately when we called and said we were done eating. The beds were the best ever from any hotel we had stayed in the past and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
One of our shuttle drivers brought your review to my attention even before I read it. Thank you for making his day and mine!

We look forward to your next visit and another opportunity to get you where you need to be "in record time."
Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a World traveler I have stayed in many Nations and many hotels. The Airport Hilton is a spectacular value. The rooms all have a great view. The Staff has always been above par and very accommodating. I love the small but very clean pool and hot tub. They offer a free van to the airport and to the Mall of America- The food at the Hotel is world class ---I know....

Thank you Airport Hilton your my first choice when I am in Minneapolis
PS: The Free glass of wine at check in was very nice...

Dirk Bichsel
Moorhead, MN

Room Tip: Chose a room that faces the east for a cool sunrise view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We love that you shared the tip of selecting a room with a sunrise view. We're very fortunate that we have 4 excellent perspectives for varying travelers. North faces the airport and many guests love seeing the aircraft take-off and land (without hearding them.) South looks over the Minnesota River Valley and wildlife refuge. And regardless of which type of romantic you are, east and west are always available for sunrise and sunset, respectively.

Safe travels and hurry back. The wine is chilled and waiting.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here three nights for a family getaway to the Mall of America. I'm really quite picky about hotels and was worried after reading a few negative reviews, but overall, I was very happy with the choice. We had an executive level room, which was not much more than a regular room. The lounge was nice, but too small for the amount of people given access to it. The first morning, they were almost completely out of food at 7:30 and were scrambling to get more, but it took quite a while. I think we had poor timing, getting there right after a large group of Army men who were having a conference. The evening snacks and drinks were good. One warm snack, chips and salsa, veggie sticks and dip and fruit. Free wine and beer, which was a surprise. The staff were very nice in the lounge. The mall shuttle was nice, but once an hour made it less than convenient so we usually drove the short, easy drive. I found the room to be very quiet. We could not hear the airport or the freeway at all. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. The fitness room was very nice and our kids loved the pool which was in a pretty attrium.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton. We cater to many families visiting the Twin Cities and especially Mall of America.

We're glad that your children enjoyed their visit and truly appreciate the opportunity to take care of you for a few days. Please come visit us again soon,
Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I guess I expected more from a Hilton, but I should have known for $99 per night. Room was "mildly" clean. The vanity in the bathroom was very dusty. The wallpaper was coming off the walls. What I am most angry about, however, is the "clientele" who visit this hotel and the noise level. Took my son down to swim and parents with young children were hauling in 12 packs of beer and drinks from the lounge (in glass). Really? I asked about the alcohol in the pool area and the front desk told me it was allowed. What do you all think of infants in the hot tub? Well, that's what I saw, and while they had parents in with them, this is nuts!!

OK, next, I was placed in an adjoining room next to people who would not be quiet at night! Again, really? I was so angered by this. I complained at the front desk, and while they were apologetic and sent up security, it was still ridiculous. I guess I forget from time to time how inconsiderate and rude people really are, and when staying in hotels they only think of themselves. I had to complain both nights we stayed, and the second night, the security staff told the front desk, "We didn't hear anything when we walked by, so we didn't talk to them." Oh, OK, you get a complaint from another paying customer, but choose to ignore it - very professional.

The front desk staff did offer to give us one night free on our next trip. I thanked him for the offer and told him I would never be staying there again. Wow! I guess I have just been really lucky when staying at other hotels, because I have never had an experience like this one. It seems this hotel draws people, how shall I put it, less than high quality. Never again, live and learn!

Room Tip: If you don't want noise, better request a non-adjoining room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback and especially for contacting our staff while you were at the hotel. I'm embarrassed that your noise complaints weren't resolved immediately and that other visitors to the hotel were behaving so badly during your stay.

Our service and security teams are reviewing your feedback and we'll take all necessary action to eliminate instances like these in the future. Your complete comfort and relaxation are among our highest priorities.