“The beds were very comfortable and the shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful.”

Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The shuttle bus driver was awesome. He was at the airport in record time and took us to a TGI Fridays for a late supper after we flew all day. He was there to pick us up immediately when we called and said we were done eating. The beds were the best ever from any hotel we had stayed in the past and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

One of our shuttle drivers brought your review to my attention even before I read it. Thank you for making his day and mine!

We look forward to your next visit and another opportunity to get you where you need to be "in record time."

There are newer reviews for Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a World traveler I have stayed in many Nations and many hotels. The Airport Hilton is a spectacular value. The rooms all have a great view. The Staff has always been above par and very accommodating. I love the small but very clean pool and hot tub. They offer a free van to the airport and to the Mall of America- The food at the Hotel is world class ---I know....

Thank you Airport Hilton your my first choice when I am in Minneapolis
PS: The Free glass of wine at check in was very nice...

Dirk Bichsel
Moorhead, MN

Room Tip: Chose a room that faces the east for a cool sunrise view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We love that you shared the tip of selecting a room with a sunrise view. We're very fortunate that we have 4 excellent perspectives for varying travelers. North faces the airport and many guests love seeing the aircraft take-off and land (without hearding them.) South looks over the Minnesota River Valley and wildlife refuge. And regardless of which type of romantic you are, east and west are always available for sunrise and sunset, respectively.

Safe travels and hurry back. The wine is chilled and waiting.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here three nights for a family getaway to the Mall of America. I'm really quite picky about hotels and was worried after reading a few negative reviews, but overall, I was very happy with the choice. We had an executive level room, which was not much more than a regular room. The lounge was nice, but too small for the amount of people given access to it. The first morning, they were almost completely out of food at 7:30 and were scrambling to get more, but it took quite a while. I think we had poor timing, getting there right after a large group of Army men who were having a conference. The evening snacks and drinks were good. One warm snack, chips and salsa, veggie sticks and dip and fruit. Free wine and beer, which was a surprise. The staff were very nice in the lounge. The mall shuttle was nice, but once an hour made it less than convenient so we usually drove the short, easy drive. I found the room to be very quiet. We could not hear the airport or the freeway at all. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. The fitness room was very nice and our kids loved the pool which was in a pretty attrium.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton. We cater to many families visiting the Twin Cities and especially Mall of America.

We're glad that your children enjoyed their visit and truly appreciate the opportunity to take care of you for a few days. Please come visit us again soon,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I guess I expected more from a Hilton, but I should have known for $99 per night. Room was "mildly" clean. The vanity in the bathroom was very dusty. The wallpaper was coming off the walls. What I am most angry about, however, is the "clientele" who visit this hotel and the noise level. Took my son down to swim and parents with young children were hauling in 12 packs of beer and drinks from the lounge (in glass). Really? I asked about the alcohol in the pool area and the front desk told me it was allowed. What do you all think of infants in the hot tub? Well, that's what I saw, and while they had parents in with them, this is nuts!!

OK, next, I was placed in an adjoining room next to people who would not be quiet at night! Again, really? I was so angered by this. I complained at the front desk, and while they were apologetic and sent up security, it was still ridiculous. I guess I forget from time to time how inconsiderate and rude people really are, and when staying in hotels they only think of themselves. I had to complain both nights we stayed, and the second night, the security staff told the front desk, "We didn't hear anything when we walked by, so we didn't talk to them." Oh, OK, you get a complaint from another paying customer, but choose to ignore it - very professional.

The front desk staff did offer to give us one night free on our next trip. I thanked him for the offer and told him I would never be staying there again. Wow! I guess I have just been really lucky when staying at other hotels, because I have never had an experience like this one. It seems this hotel draws people, how shall I put it, less than high quality. Never again, live and learn!

Room Tip: If you don't want noise, better request a non-adjoining room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback and especially for contacting our staff while you were at the hotel. I'm embarrassed that your noise complaints weren't resolved immediately and that other visitors to the hotel were behaving so badly during your stay.

Our service and security teams are reviewing your feedback and we'll take all necessary action to eliminate instances like these in the future. Your complete comfort and relaxation are among our highest priorities.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel was a wonderful place to sleep and fly. It was easy to get to right off of 494. We had a king size bed and lots of room in our room. The room was very clean. We stopped in at the bar, which was really busy. Nothing to brag about, but did the trick. The shuttle was great and quick to pick us up and drop us off.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thanks for the terrific feedback. We really appreciate yours business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice Hilton hotel within about a mile from MOA and across the highway from the Airport. We checked in at 9:00pm and Ashley at the front desk had reserved our rollaway bed as requested. Very friendly. Our stay was the bed and breakfast and we were expecting breakfast for all five. And for some reason were only allowed breakfast for three of us - we had to pay for the other two - which I found odd. Breakfast buffet was excellent and I would highly recommend. Pool was very nice and exercise room was clean. Overall a very good value and I would recommend for anyone looking for a nice above-average hotel. One of the three elevators was broke and we had to wait a lot, but I expect that is an unusual situation

• Stayed: February 2013

Thanks for your prompt review. We love receiving quick feedback and I'll be sure to pass your compliment along to Ashley. The elevator is (as you suspected) back in service and all is well at the Hilton. Safe travels until next time,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pros: Friendly staff, we were greeted anytime we came up to the front desk, we were upgraded to have access to the 'executive lounge' after mentioning it was a special occasion stay. Close to the Mall of America, easy to find/navigate to and from hotel. Dinner and breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant was delicious.

Cons: Bathroom wasn't super clean, shower pressure was to the point of painful (super high pressure). The 'executive lounge' was not impressive at all, we walked in, noticed the lack of seating and 'appetizers' and walked back out. The room also didn't seem to stay warm, no matter how much I fiddled with the thermostat.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HotelVisitor16

Thank you for reviewing the hotel and for your balanced perspective. We appreciate the compliments and have already taken measures (based on another survey you completed) to resolve the problems you described.
You have my assurance that your next visit will be perfect.