I stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights. I am a loyal Hilton traveler. I'm also not usually a complainer, so let me start with the good things!
Great airport shuttle - the young man who was driving the shuttle was personable, knowledgeable and helpful. I would hire him any day!!
Comfy bed, sheets & big TV - the remote also had a sleep button - yay!!
Nice location with a federal wildlife sanctuary across the street - a beautiful place for a hike!
Convenient Shuttle to Mall of America - the older gentleman who drove this shuttle was also wonderful.
Room Service food was pretty good & was prompt.
Indoor pool & whirlpool looked nice, but I hadn't brought my suit
Gym was nice and fairly well appointed
Ok, here's where I was disappointed. And very frustrated, at one point!
-My room did not have adequate plugs for iPad, iPhone, laptop, etc.
-Wifi was weak - I used my MiFi instead
-The top hand towel on the stack of towels had a hair right on top, and it wasn't a hair from one's head. How does a housekeeper miss that?
-Toiletries were not replaced by the housekeeping staff, nor did she empty the trash
-My toilet ran, and not just a little drip. About every 20 minutes it sounded like there was a waterfall in the bathroom, and that very loud noise persisted all night, every 20 minutes. How this has never been addressed, I'll never know. Because I was traveling solo, I decided not to call for a maintenance person, just because I try to be a cautious traveler. I shut the bathroom door, and that helped somewhat. I knew that the hotel was full, or I would have asked for another room.
-The check in clerk, who I think was named Tasha, was nice, but when I asked her for specifics about the meeting I was attending, knew very little. She did go look at a schedule to give me general information. As I was walking away, the younger gentleman who was helping another traveler was giving her very helpful information including meeting start time, that there would be coffee and breakfast before the meeting, etc. How does the woman who helped me know almost nothing when the man who works 3 feet from her is very well informed and helpful??
-Here is what was most frustrating and disappointing. I checked out VERY early in order to catch their (wonderful) 4am shuttle to the airport. When I got my bill, I realized that they'd charged my personal AMEX rather than my corporate AMEX which was on the reservation. When I went to the front desk to sort it out, the woman working there, Claudia, was unbelievably rude. The situation was handled so badly! I asked her, two separate times in the conversation, to make a note of their policy so that I could straighten it out when I got back to work (in all fairness - the error was on my end, I think, although I am pretty confident that their "policy" was not explained to the person who made the reservation for me) and she refused, saying that the information was all on the sheet of paper she'd given me. Seriously. If Claudia worked for me, and she treated a customer as poorly as she did me, she'd be looking for a new job. At the very least, Claudia should not be working with customers, that's for sure. I did tell her that her customer service skills left a lot to be desired. She had no comment. Nor did she thank me for staying, wish me safe travels, a good day, etc. It was a very disappointing experience. I am planning to contact the manager in person, and I am hopeful that the situation will be resolved and that Claudia will either get some additional customer service training or be moved to a position that does not require interaction with people.
All in all, I'd recommend the hotel due to its location and comfort, but a disappointing experience with desk staff is hard to overlook. Kudos to the shuttle drivers for a job well done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America is set apart from other Bloomington, MN hotels by its commitment to customer service and environmental stewardship. Situated adjacent to the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, this Hilton hotel provides a unique sense of peace in the Bloomington, MN area. We offer complimentary shuttle service to the nearby Mall of America and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP). Close to the Light Rail Transit system, guests have convenient access to downtown Minneapolis and a variety of professional sporting events at Target Field, Target Center, and Mall of America Field. While at the hotel, be sure to savor Blue Water Grill’s award-winning steaks or seafood entrees and admire the nature photography on display, all created by Executive Chef Eric G Baker. And to make your stay comfortable and convenient, we offer great amenities such as the glass-enclosed atrium recreation area with a heated indoor pool, two whirlpools, 24-hour fitness center and complimentary parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton
- Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall Of America Bloomington, MN, North America