“Stay at the other embassy suites in Bloomington stay away from this one” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
MN
“Stay at the other embassy suites in Bloomington stay away from this one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

We have stayed and enjoyed other Embassy Suites hotels, so we picked this one.

Our first disappointment was when my husband and I went to go for a swim after 11:00 pm. teenagers and young kids in pool. adults only after 11:00pm. nothing was done.

We asked the maid if she can clean our room when we were out , and she said "Not my room number to clean".

Breakfast was a fiasco every morning. We've been at Embassy Suites hotels before and we know that breakfast is often crowded, but it was set up very poorly, so that even just to get bacon or sausage, you had to wait in the eggs-to-order line (30 minutes) to get it even if that's all you wanted. We made suggestions to separate out the bacon and sausage, or make them available elsewhere, but they did nothing. They had 2 waffle makers going but one was broken the whole time, so there was a 20 minute wait for waffles. Just made me want to give up and go to MacDonalds. Fruit oranges and grape fruit. No bagels. 2nd day breakfast you stood in line like you wood in the school cafeteria.
They would hand you what you wanted. Very unorganized.

The staff here was reasonably friendly, but ineffective, and the follow though was non-existent. We have never had this experience anywhere else. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in AZ.

The maids did a very apathetic job in our room, and it seems like this hotel is currently in flux. I will never stay here again, but will instead, choose the other Embassy Suites in Bloomington.
When I call to inform ASSIstant MAng. of problem we had staying at the Embassy Suite
I did inform him that we did recieve a 30.00 $ discount. He stated Well there you go.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

We'd heard lots of great reviews of this hotel, and have stayed and enjoyed other Embassy Suites hotels, so we picked this one.

First -- the location is wonderful. It's very close to the airport, and even closer to Mall of America and the Waterpark of America (do not bother -- this was dangerously overcrowded and expensive. 45 min. wait for a inner tube, which you needed to do the fun slides).

We booked a corner room at a slight premium, which was kind of neat, although looking back, it's not really worth the added $30. You get extra windows, but the room is crowded with so much furniture. There's also a vent over the entry door which is open, and makes the living room really noisy, especially for whomever is sleeping on the pullout bed. We asked the hotel to cover the vent which they did with cardboard and duct tape. It helped a little bit.

Our first disappointment was when we saw a sandwich on the carpeting in a corner of the hall outside our room. I asked the front desk (it was 10pm) if they could have someone clean it up and vacuum, because I didn't want bugs to start collecting. They were very friendly and said no problem. 36 hours later (and we'd asked 3 more times) it was still there. We even asked the maid, and she said "Not my job". Finally a day and a half later, someone picked it up but never vacuumed.

Our hallway was continually covered in crumbs. Once I even saw a used tampon applicator in the hallway and the maid walked right past it, as did a maintenance man!

Also, people are definitely smoking in the hotel, and our room reeked. We finally had to change rooms. Their solution to the smoke problem was to send the maid up with air freshener...

On the last day, we were swimming and when I opened to door to the dry sauna, the door came off the hinges. It came right out of the door frame, exposed screws and all!

The staff here was reasonably friendly, but ineffective, and the follow though was non-existent. We have never had this experience anywhere else. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Washington, and saw the General Manager around every day. He made a point to talk with the guests. Here, I saw the GM once, and although she was very friendly, I never saw her again.

Our last night, around 11pm we were in desperate need of a plunger. (Some bad food at the stadium). At 11pm, we were informed that they couldn't find a plunger, that it was in housekeeping and no one had a key. We were told that 3 people were working at that time: 1 person at the front desk, 1 security person and 1 person to wash towels! We pushed, and eventually, one hour later, the security man showed up with a plunger. There was a wedding at the hotel that night, and I can't believe that only 3 people were working there at that time.

If you do stay here, make sure you stay on the south or east side, since the train goes by all night and blows its horn. Also, don't be tempted by the corner rooms -- the regular rooms are just as nice, and much quieter.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
north dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and i stayed here over valentines day weekend and ejoyed the hotel the staff and the location. The satrbucks and steak house in the hotel was wonderful and the comp drinks in the evening were a very nice plus. Great for couples and families.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Naples
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2009

We visit family in Minneapolis every year during the holidays. This year we decided to stay at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport. The hotel has a great location....just minutes from the Mall of America and they provide a complimentary shuttle.

We spent alot of time in the swimming pool. The suites are updated and we loved having the extra room. Kids went to bed on time....we could stay up and play cards in the living room without disturbing them.

The staff was very friendly and service was great. I definitely recommend this property. We have found a new favorite hotel.

• Liked — Loved the two room suite.....and location to the Mall.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2008

The hotel had a real nice atmosphere and felt very clean. Even the air felt fresh probably from the atrium located in the center of the rooms. The room we stayed in was nice and clean and had most luxuries one would look for in a hotel. A seperate living room with a fold out couch made it perfect for my son to sleep being he is addicted to the cartoon network and I could reside in the bedroom with my own choices of tv. The living area also had a nice sized table with three chairs, refrigerator and microwave tucked under the bar area. The bedroom was clean and nice. The bathroom was pretty small, but clean and updated and served its purpose. There was a hairdryer and complimentary shampoo & conditioner. The managers reception in the evening was great as much free alcohol as you want with an open free bar. Unfortunately for me I'm not a drinker, but enjoyed snacking on the fresh veggie tray, popcorn and nachos. The pool area was great and had a refreshing swim and soak in the hottub. It was clean and tidy. The breakfast was better than expected. Actually it was the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had the privilege of eatting. Made to order omelets, pecan pancakes and with a cook to order chef eggs made to your liking, cereal, breakfast meats, juices, muffins, fresh fruit (strawberries, watermelon, etc), the creamiest oatmeal I had ever eaten. It was all very good and would return to the hotel just for the breakfast. The only things I can say I didn't like was the front desk staff. Upon checking in they kept interrupting me to answer the phone and proceed to help the people on the phone before returning to checking me in. Check in took over 15 minutes very unnecessary. One elevator was down for repair on the side of the hotel where my room was located. I would have to wait at least 10 minutes to catch the elevator (I was on the 6th floor!). There was some airplane noise being the hotel is close to the airport. I wasn't awoken from it, but light sleepers might have problems. There was no channel guide in the room which being from out of the area made it hard to find what channel was what and what exactly was on tv. The bottled water in our room had a price tag of $5 a bottle on it for $200 a night stay you would think they would give you a few complimentary bottles!! I put that on a high shelf so my son wouldn't even think about it.

• Liked — The great breakfast.
  • Disliked — Front desk staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
luvthesuitelife, manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2009
Thank you for your review. Breakfast is one of the key attributes of our hotel that our guests love. The Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport team loves the surprise on our guests face when they find out it is a full breakfast, in a beautiful atrium setting. Where else can you find this in Minnesota. The elevators have all been modernized which is why one was out when your stayed. They are now better then they were before. We are constantly training our team to "Make a difference". We welcome you back to the suite life at Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2008

Convenient airport location across from Mall of America.
Beautiful furnishings with 2 wide screen TVs in a king sized suite.
Free shuttle to the mall and the airport. When the desk heard that I had an early flight (before breakfast), they delivered a free take out box to my room. Another great Embassy Suites experience. I really like this chain. .

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
thanks so much for your review. We are excited about the HD update with our flat panel TV's. Yes two of them as you stated. No need to fight over the shows you want to watch as these are in two separate rooms. Thanks again and we hope to see you visit the suite life at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport.
Madison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

Stayed here with full family, while on Business trip.

Beautiful facility. Clean, pretty, etc.

One big issue, if you get a room on the NW corner, you will be awaken by a passenger rail horn every 15 minutes!

We were moved the second night there, and it made a big difference.

Otherwise, awesome place!