We have stayed and enjoyed other Embassy Suites hotels, so we picked this one.
First -- the location is wonderful. It's very close to the airport, and even closer to Mall of America
Our first disappointment was when my husband and I went to go for a swim after 11:00 pm. teenagers and young kids in pool. adults only after 11:00pm. nothing was done.
We asked the maid if she can clean our room when we were out , and she said "Not my room number to clean".
Breakfast was a fiasco every morning. We've been at Embassy Suites hotels before and we know that breakfast is often crowded, but it was set up very poorly, so that even just to get bacon or sausage, you had to wait in the eggs-to-order line (30 minutes) to get it even if that's all you wanted. We made suggestions to separate out the bacon and sausage, or make them available elsewhere, but they did nothing. They had 2 waffle makers going but one was broken the whole time, so there was a 20 minute wait for waffles. Just made me want to give up and go to MacDonalds. Fruit oranges and grape fruit. No bagels. 2nd day breakfast you stood in line like you wood in the school cafeteria.
They would hand you what you wanted. Very unorganized.
The staff here was reasonably friendly, but ineffective, and the follow though was non-existent. We have never had this experience anywhere else. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in AZ.
The maids did a very apathetic job in our room, and it seems like this hotel is currently in flux. I will never stay here again, but will instead, choose the other Embassy Suites in Bloomington.
When I call to inform ASSIstant MAng. of problem we had staying at the Embassy Suite
I did inform him that we did recieve a 30.00 $ discount. He stated Well there you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport hotel near Mall of America is located close to many Bloomington MN attractions. Our complimentary shuttle provides transportation to the American Girl Store in Mall of America or Minneapolis St. Paul MSP airport just 1 mile from the hotel. Visit Nickelodeon Universe or the Water Park of America just minutes from this Bloomington, MN hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests of the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport hotel stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. Woolley's Steakhouse, winner of 2009 Minnesota's Beef Backer's award, is well known as the best steakhouse in the South Metro. We offer our guests a first class dining experience. Our 150 seat dining room overlooks running brooks and the tropical hotel atrium creating a dining atmosphere like no other. Cuisine offers wide variety of grilled meats, poultry and fish. Extensive lunch menu features include famous salad bar and a wide array of sandwiches and hot and cold entrees. Our fine dining menu offers daily Chef Specials. An excellent wine list accompanies your choice of entrees. Extensive dessert menu available for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport Hotel Bloomington
- Minneapolis Airport Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Minneapolis - Airport Bloomington, MN, North America