“Nice rooms, friendly staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice rooms, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Rooms were nice. Staff was very friendly. The internet connection was terrible. The manager's reception and breakfast were great. Very close to the Mall of America. Overall it was a great stay and we will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business and I chose it because it was the location of my meeting the next day. Usually I am very excited to stay at Embassy Suite properties for several reasons--the large rooms, the great breakfast, the evening reception, just to name a few. However this particular ES left quite a bit to be desired.

I will start out by saying that the staff here was fantastic. My reservation was made at the last minute, however they were easily able to accommodate my requests and gave me the customer service I would expect from an ES staff. They were attentive, upbeat, and eager to help. My primary concerns for this particular hotel were with the facilities.

There was an undeniable lack of convenience to the layout and accessibility of the guest rooms. I know that its not uncommon for a hotel to skimp in power outlets, but this room was exceptionally bad--not only were the outlets few and far between, they were also in inconvenient locations. Nearly each lamp/light in the room was individually controlled, and most not by wall switches but instead on the fixtures themselves. I know that this is kind of nit-picky, but for me it really takes away from the convenience/comfort factor that I really look for in a good hotel room.

The main living spaces (living room and bedroom) were clean and neat, but there were a few things that the cleaning staff missed in the bathroom--an exceptionally small bathroom, I might add compared to other ES rooms. The bathroom itself was showing signs of age--deteriorating wall paper, grimy bath tiles, etc, but it also was by no means the cleanest part of the suite. There was a large clump of hair presumably left by the previous guest in the shower--I chose to just wash it down the drain instead of requesting help from housekeeping. Certainly not ideal, considering this hotel is fairly expensive compared to comparable nearby properties.

Apart from the room complaints, the rest of the hotel was very nice. I took advantage of the evening reception, which was great--especially with the great bartending staff. I also spent some time at the bar area later in the evening. The cost of drinks there was about the average of what you would expect at a hotel bar. All in all, very pleasant common areas.

It is also worth noting that this property is very convenient to many nearby attractions. It is a 3 minute drive to the Mall of America, it is practically neighboring the airport, and there is a light rail station right outside the front door. If your primary goal is a hotel that serves as a nice "home base" then you would want to consider this property.

I would have to say that overall I would not recommend this property, simply due to the fact that there are so many similar options near this one, many of them more cost effective, that do not seem to have the issues that I encountered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mrbrightside3108
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. I have discussed your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our bathroom cleanliness lapse during your stay are being taken very seriously. Thank you also for your kind comments on our service team. We appreciate you feedback.
Mankato, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Extremely close to the Mall of America and tram for easy access to the city. Food was incredible and the room was fantastic. Overall the only thing we ran into was a weak internet signal but we were not really using it so no real complaints. The complimentary breakfast was absolutely incredible. They were highly recommended from a few of our family members and for once they were right, a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jarett H
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and we are happy that you had a great stay! We hope to have the pleasure of having you and your family back with us soon.
West Des Moines, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Embassy suites are always consistent. The rooms are very spacious, the design of the hotel is beautiful, the courtyard areas are inviting, and and breakfast is incomparable. This particular location was no exception!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mike A
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for filling out a survey on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments on the inviting courtyard and beautiful design. It is very important to us that our guests feel welcomed and I am happy that we were able to make you feel that! Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you sometime in the near future!
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 29, 2014

There are three things that I always enjoy about Embassy Suites. 1. The staff is always accommodating. 2. The rooms are large, and I love the suite style. 3. The full cook to order breakfast to start off the day. Don't get me wrong you pay for it but to me it is well worth the cost.
Those of you who follow my reviews know that most of the time I travel with a group. This time however, I am on a family trip with my son. What a great place for us to ride our bicycles.
My only complaint for this hotel was the breakfast. I did not feel that this breakfast is what embassy suites is known for. For three days my omelets had very little egg and all ingredients. What a waste, when I added the over cooked scrambled eggs to my plate. The variety of fruit was minimal, fruit mix and bananas. The bread selection was some mini muffins and bread. No donuts, cinnamon rolls nothing. They have two large coffee urns for coffee and on one day they ran out of regular coffee. So they removed the sign from the one side that said decaf, I guess removing the sign puts the caffeine back in? Or was it regular coffee all along, who knows?
The rooms where nice and the staff was very friendly. Rooms where very clean and loved it that they didn't bother us during our stay. The rooms just magically got cleaned as we where in and out.
The pool and hot tub is wonderful. The Hot tub is one of the largest I have ever seen in a hotel, and very warm. A nice feel after coming in after a ride in the rain.
I would definitely stay here again, but I might make other arrangements for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dkrug10042
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that after a long rainy bicycle ride with your son you were able to warm up in our large whirlpool. I have taken your comments about the breakfast selections and quality of the food to the Food and Beverage team to ensure that this is improved. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!
Crookston, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Have stayed at Embassy Suite Hotels before but never had the chance to stay at this particular one until this trip. The lobby was beautiful, the staff very pleasant and the room was very clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the eating area very pleasant. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Nancy S
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments on the lobby and staff, we strive to make sure that you feel welcome when you enter our hotel. We hope to see you in the near future and thank you again for your survey.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a good choice if staying close to the airport
The Embassy has you covered specially if you are organizing, hosting,attending a conference
Multiple conference rooms available and the service is great
It is an easy drive to the MOA and the MSP airport as well

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your stay with us. We know difficult planning events and meetings can be so it is great to hear that we made this easy for you! Thank you again for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.