“Great place to stay with wonderful staff!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubuque, Iowa
“Great place to stay with wonderful staff!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

First off, we ended up here by chance. Our regular place was full so we choose this hotel. I must say, Denica at the front desk was wonderful. We ended up with a corner room which had more space and a wonderful view. Shuttle driver was awesome as well! The breakfast in the morning was great. Long lines at times, but worth it I felt! Sure it might not be as update as some but I felt it was a great value!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room. We had 622.
Green Features: Might be our new favorite place and glad they are "green" friendly!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. We are happy that we were able to provide you a place to stay with such short notice and that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The main goal was to be close to the mall and it is very very close as in you can see the mall from out front. It is a standard Embassy Suites which I like. I didn't find anything wrong with the stay. The people were nice, the room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the location was what I was looking for.

Stayed December 2013
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for filling out a survey on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the staff was welcoming. I appreciate your comments and thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Winona, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have stayed here before and have not had the experience we did this time. This room was so outdated. The air didn't work at night, the toilet didn't flush and the mattress on the sofa sleeper was so full of springs we couldn't use it as planned. We did complain to the front desk and they did comp our night but it was quite disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your air conditioning was not working and that the sofa sleeper was not comfortable. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I have addressed your concerns with the team to ensure that the problem is fixed. We hope to see you back again so that we can exceed your expectations! Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I can't help feeling when entering the doors of this hotel that I am back in the 80's. The once very impressive atrium, just feels it is of a by gone era. On the other hand - the rooms are large, you have actually two rooms - a living room and a bed room a comfortable bed. Service is nice and welcoming. The breakfast is mediocre but respect to the morning crew making cook to order omelets in a swift manner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Reslimpan
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate your comments. I am happy to hear about the welcoming service and the efficiency of the breakfast cook. We do recieve positive comments regarding the space in our two room suites. I have addressed your breakfast comments with the Food and Beverage team to enhance the offerings. Your design comments are forwarded to assist with future improvements. Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback
Duluth, MN, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

It was so so. I've had better service. Maybe they had a off day. The lite-rail made noise all night as did the person above my room. The steam room was filthy! They put my 91 yr old mother in a non-handicapped room after I specifically asked for a walk-in shower. My room looked like they forgot to vacuum it as well. Their breakfast was typical and marginal at best. They must have run out of rolls/danish because the next thing you saw was a boat load of doughnut holes---really??

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Please accept my apology for a stay that was so so. We strive to have much better service and experience for our guests. I am sorry this did not happen with your stay. I have addressed your concerns with my team. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback so that we can improve our offerings.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Furniture in room was grimy - yuck. A/C was non existent. If it weren't for ability to open window in bedroom, it would have been unbearable, but that allowed outside noise to make the stay poor. This property needs a major overhaul, or change the brand to Motel 6 or something more deserving of the poor quality of the property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff. I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned.
Rochester, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It's not an overly friendly hotel, we have stayed at other Embassy Suites in Florida totally different experience! Please help your staff to be more friendly! It's a beautiful chain of hotel chains. We will probably go to the Bloomington location next time as they have rooms with the option of hot tubs in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Please accept my apology for the lack of friendliness that you found during your stay. I am discussing this with my service team to ensure that we appear more open and friendly in the future. Thank you for letting us know.