“Nice place to stay near MSP Airport”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here one night while traveling through MSP for business. The Embassy Suites was nice enough, clean and the staff was friendly. Sometimes when you stay at airport hotels it can be a bit dicey, but this property was fine. The only comment that I would add was that the furniture in my room seemed a little worn out and "slimey". It doies need updated and upgraded.No big deal though really and not a deal-breaker. I'd stay here again...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HudsonScooterMan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just did a 4 day stay in Minneapolis and didn't need a rental car. Airport is within 5-10 min drive from airport. Hotel shuttle runs every 30 min from the hotel to the airport. Riding the lightrail to/from airport only takes about 3-4 minutes and the lightrail stop is directly in front of the hotel. Only takes about 5 minutes on lightrail to Mall of America and the hotel shuttle has daily runs to/from Mall of America once an hour. 30 minute ride to downtown Minneapolis on the lightrail and cost $1.75 one way. Downtown has a shopping district and several night clubs, bars, restaraunts and plenty of theaters. Breakfast was awesome and the manager's special was adequate. Great value!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Emabassy suite, Bloomington airport MN, is just a nice place to stay. They give you a sense of home and treat you like a special guest always. Although this is the second embassy suite I and my wife stayed, put it seems to me that Embassy suite guest relationship is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

the rollout bed closed on my guest, after the bed was pulled out, because the weight was applied to the front of the bed. The elevator is really annoying to wait for when I was on the 7th floor. The fan in the bathroom wasn't working and the panel was open over the bathroom, where I didn't know if that was ok or not. The fruit wasn't adequate enough for the complementary breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had our wedding reception hosted at Embassy Suites. They did an awesome job! It was so nice to be able to spend the night in the same location as the reception. The morning after was handled very well. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed here probably 10-12 nights in the last year. Maybe more. I'm a slow learner.

The location to the MSP airport can't be beat and their weekend rates are good. Those are the upsides. Here are downsides and many self-inflicted.

-The "free" breakfast is what draws many to an Embassy. This is easily the dumbest set-up I have ever seen in an Embassy and as I travel all the time on business at stay at many. The breakfast buffer set-up has the omelet bar in the middle. This means if breakfast is busy even those not wanting an omelet need to wait on either side to get their rubber scrambled eggs until those waiting for their omelets get served. Likely why this location has the worst tasting breakfast food. I've been here multiple stays and usually wind up getting a bagel somewhere else.
-No heat, no air. No kidding. My last stay the HVAC was shut off. I was told that happens in transition months. Didn't know there was a 5th season - fall, winter, spring, summer, transition. This was October in Minnesota. I lived in Minnesota for many years and October can mean 30-80 degrees. Our room was uncomfortable hot. The staff said the balance by bringing fans or heaters. If they haven't run out.
-If you do stay here ask for a room on the east side. The west side faces 34th Ave and the light rail stop is right outside the hotel and runs late into the night and starts up early.

I'm a constant business traveler and in fact am writing this from another hotel on another business trip. The Twin Cities was home but when I come back I won't stay here anymore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side. The west side faces 34th Ave and the light rail stop is right outs...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dpaulson1
luvthesuitelife, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Dpaulson1,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. As a regular, you know that we always try to give our guests the best service as well as accommodations that will enhance the quality of their stay. I have passed your comments along to my team in an effort to better our hotel for the future. Please accept my apology that we were not able to meet or exceed either of our expectations. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance to stay with us.
Best regards,
Yvonne J

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The double beds are a bit small compared to other double beds I've reserved at other hotels. But they are comfy!

Each room is a suite, which is great for families or friends!! We comfortably fit three girls and all their scrapbooking/craft items in the front room. There was plenty of space. The desk table in the bedroom can be easily moved to the front room for more table top. The front room has a 3-4 chair round table, TV, pull-out couch and chair/small loveseat. The bar area is between the front room and the bedroom. You have to access the bathroom from the bedroom. So if you have guests, make sure your unmentionables are 'hanging' around.

Can't beat the Manager's Reception! It's free bottom shelf cocktails and snack. Just give a buck or two for each drink and they'll remember you.

Never ate the restaurant - only the corner bar. Food was decent. There isn't much for food places that deliver to the restaurant. The MOA is not within walking distance, but there is a shuttle.

The lightrail is across a busy street, but easily accessible. Cheap and quick!

Room Tip: Rooms facing north will have view of highway
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends