“Amazing stay in Bloomington, Minnesota.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Amazing stay in Bloomington, Minnesota.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a weekend in early September, and loved it! Everything was clean when we arrived, and the swimming pool was awesome. There is a light rail station across the street from the hotel, which is convenient for travel downtown or to the Mall of America, located close to he hotel. The complimentary breakfast was good as always for the Embassy Suites brand. The only drawback was that the bathroom was in the main bedroom instead of the in-suite hallway, but that's a minor issue. If you're staying here and want it to be quiet, request a room on a high floor, as there is little noise.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Elevatorlover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed at several MSP area hotels and the Embassy Suites is my favorite. The lush tropical foliage in the reception and dining areas makes a peaceful setting. The hot breakfast and evening reception add to the value. During my most recent stay, the hotel with very crowded with families attending basketball tournaments and swim meets. The front desk staff upgraded me to a beautiful corner room on the top floor to guarantee I would have a quiet night even with all the craziness. That kind of thoughtfulness is what sets this hotel apart from other airport hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business trip. Everything in the room was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Huge snowstorm prior to my arrival and the parking lot was clear. No ice. I especially liked the wifi. I worked on my laptop a couple of hours and switched to the I-pad. I have had motels limit you to ozone device. Great breakfast.

Stayed March 2013
Oklahoma
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have always enjoyed my stays here and continue to return. Friendly and helpful front desk and great service at the breakfast and evening reception. Work out facility is well equiped but the space is on the small side. After the first night, I noticed two minor maintenance items - the tub drained slow and the alarm clock was not lit. I stopped by the front desk the next morning and both of the items were corrected within 5 minutes of me mentioning it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. We have have been staying at the other Bloomington and Brooklynn Center Embassy Suites more frequently than the airport location and decided to give it a try again. The rooms were great as always and very clean. We definitely noticed that the breakfast area was much more congested than the other two locations. The cooks however were very efficient. It is very difficult to find a parking spot in the evening when there are events going on. There is a back lot near the Crowne Plaza where there is supposed to be extra parking for Embassy Suites patrons, but both this time and last time we stayed, all of the lots were completely full and we had to wait until we saw people leave the hotel and follow them to their car. Cars were also parked illegally in lanes outside of the parking stalls and it was difficult to maneuver between them. Again, the lots are taken up by event parking (Weddings, company parties, etc) and also by long term parking.

The location is great and the hotel is beautiful. However, the parking lot congestion and breakfast line/congestion is enough for me to stay at the other Embassy locations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Richland, Washington
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My experience from check in, to check out, and everything in between was great! The shuttle driver had an awesome sense of humor as did the line cook at breakfast. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly - and apologetic after learning we were there because of mechanical issues with a flight and stuck for the night.

I will definitely stay at this property again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Good Location. The breakfast and evening managers reception are nice touches and a brand trademark. The shuttle was also well organized with regular trips to the Mall of America and the Airport.
Had issues with house keeping. On two days of the our stay the room was unexplicably not made up, we were gone all day and returned approx. 6pm. I called down to the desk and asked why this would occur, I was asked if we had the privacy please sign on the door but it was still hanging on the inside door knob. She advised she would see if housekeeping could "freshen" the room. We then left the room for dinner and upon returning at 8:30pm the room was made up. I would think this was a fluke when on the third day of our stay we had a repeat unmade room after being gone all day. This time I called to report it and requested fresh towels be sent up so we could shower we were tired from being at the mall all day and were in for the night. I have stayed in multiple Embassy Suite Hotels in different cities and have never encountered this at one of their hotels.
Our other issue was the heating/cooling system. The room was insanely hot and stuffy no matter what you did to the thermomstat. A call to the desk to report that no matter what we did the room became a sauna resulted in being told to shut the system off altogether and open the window.... ok the temperature outside being between 0 - 10 degrees our whole stay this became comical opening and closing the window because no matter what it heated right back up, no solution other then turn the system off and open the window. We slept with just a sheet to keep from sweating, not what I would expect in Feb in Minnesota.
I have come to expect more from the Embassy Suites brand and this particular location was not up to par with others I have stayed in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding breakfast, evening managers reception, shuttle, and location. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. Please let me apologize for the issues in your room and I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.