Good Location. The breakfast and evening managers reception are nice touches and a brand trademark. The shuttle was also well organized with regular trips to the Mall of America and the Airport.
Had issues with house keeping. On two days of the our stay the room was unexplicably not made up, we were gone all day and returned approx. 6pm. I called down to the desk and asked why this would occur, I was asked if we had the privacy please sign on the door but it was still hanging on the inside door knob. She advised she would see if housekeeping could "freshen" the room. We then left the room for dinner and upon returning at 8:30pm the room was made up. I would think this was a fluke when on the third day of our stay we had a repeat unmade room after being gone all day. This time I called to report it and requested fresh towels be sent up so we could shower we were tired from being at the mall all day and were in for the night. I have stayed in multiple Embassy Suite Hotels in different cities and have never encountered this at one of their hotels.
Our other issue was the heating/cooling system. The room was insanely hot and stuffy no matter what you did to the thermomstat. A call to the desk to report that no matter what we did the room became a sauna resulted in being told to shut the system off altogether and open the window.... ok the temperature outside being between 0 - 10 degrees our whole stay this became comical opening and closing the window because no matter what it heated right back up, no solution other then turn the system off and open the window. We slept with just a sheet to keep from sweating, not what I would expect in Feb in Minnesota.
I have come to expect more from the Embassy Suites brand and this particular location was not up to par with others I have stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport hotel near Mall of America is located close to many Bloomington MN attractions. Our complimentary shuttle provides transportation to the American Girl Store in Mall of America or Minneapolis St. Paul MSP airport just 1 mile from the hotel. Visit Nickelodeon Universe or the Water Park of America just minutes from this Bloomington, MN hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests of the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport hotel stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. Woolley's Steakhouse, winner of 2009 Minnesota's Beef Backer's award, is well known as the best steakhouse in the South Metro. We offer our guests a first class dining experience. Our 150 seat dining room overlooks running brooks and the tropical hotel atrium creating a dining atmosphere like no other. Cuisine offers wide variety of grilled meats, poultry and fish. Extensive lunch menu features include famous salad bar and a wide array of sandwiches and hot and cold entrees. Our fine dining menu offers daily Chef Specials. An excellent wine list accompanies your choice of entrees. Extensive dessert menu available for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport Hotel Bloomington
- Minneapolis Airport Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Minneapolis - Airport Bloomington, MN, North America