“Their evening reception goes 7 days a week”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 30, 2011

There is nothing better than free drinks at the end of a busy day. Wether for work or shopping. At 5:00 PM no matter what day, it is time for a nice glass of wine or whatever you want, and for FREE. Here you get a two room Suite with 2 TV's, a fridge and microwave and free drinks and a snack for a few hours. And if you are a breakfast eater you get a fresh made cooked breakfast. I had a western omelete with cheese one day and it was fantastic. There are a lot of wedding here, because of the beautiful atrium and it is fun to watch from your balcony. Get a higher room if you crave quiet. If you have kids asked for a lower room. this hotel was only a 5 minute drive to Mall of America and close to all Freeways. If I ever to to MSP again, this is where I will stay. I want to buy the bed I slept in for my home. PREFECT

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter as you do not get the noise from the morning breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank jasatt

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I selected this hotel for one reason--I needed to be at the airport early the next morning to catch a flight and staying with relatives who live 50 miles away wouldn't work. Plus an attractive discounted rate was available through my airline. I stayed in an enormous two room suite with an enormous bathroom and an enormous bed. I could see the Delta hangar nd the subway stop and highway from my room but well insulated windows prevented noise. Everything was clean, workable, convenient. Best of all, the hotel shuttle arrived promptly at 5:30 a.m. and had me to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Embassy suites for Thanksgiving weekend, which has been a tradition for 20 years. My aunt was nice enough to book our room, as a holdiay gift.
On Friday my two daughters, my husband, our friend and I were trapped in an elevator, third floor over the atrium full of people for two hours. The hotel staff did not contact us during our time in the elevator, and when I contacted them we kept being told 15 more minutes. Finally, a fellow hotel patron called the fire department, and we were helped out. The management did not talk to us at all to see if we were ok.
Our dinner reservations offsite were ruined, so we decided to eat in the hotel bar. During our dinner the assistant manager came to the table to ask our room number, as he said for liability reasons. He didnt ask if we were ok, didnt apologize. Nothing. During dinner my husband was contacted by the Embassy Suites guest services via Twitter and was told we would be comped our dinner in the bar. The assistant manager came to our table again and asked who called guest services. He looked irritated, and then said he would be paying for our dinner, but only for four of them. He was rude, and we ended up squabbling over the soda charges for my daughters who were also stuck on the elevator. Our friend, who was in the elevator, was treated rudely by the hotel as well.
After this was dealt with, we felt stressed out, and were very unimpressed with how the hotel handled the situation. We were also suprised to see that the elevator was still running. Patrons of the hotel told us of how they had problems with that elevator over the week, and that someone was stuck in it over a month ago. In the morning my father, who also had a room, spoke to the manager of the hotel. She apologized, and felt we were finely compensated by the dinner. My mother felt otherwise and after a long conversation with the manager got the room comped. Again, I feel that this situation was handled very poorly.

4  Thank Kolie B
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

We really appreciate feedback from our guests. This has helped us to retrain our team to ensure that should this ever happen again we are better prepared. We have communicated with this guest. This experience has to be one of the most unpleasant possible. For this we are very sorry.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was our second time staying at Embassy Suites. We bring our kids during Black Out in October. We love the customer service. Nice hotel with small breakfast and convenient shuttle. My family will go back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in early November for 2 nights. Room (suite) was perfect, except the walls are paper thin, However, this didn't bother us. We were 2 adults and one young child. She was excited to have her own room (the living room with a comfy pull-out sofa) with her own TV. Each morning there was a wonderful full breakfast, including omlets, eggs however you want them, fruit, cereal, pancakes, French toast, etc. Each evening from 5:30 to 7:30 was a "reception" which featured popcorn, pretzels, and soft drinks, wine, beer, mixed drinks - seemingly all you could eat and drink - for free! We loved our stay and would certainly stay again. The price was very reasonable.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

The hotel is on a good location near the airport and right across from the tram line -- very nice. But it is an average hotel for a very high price. The Manager's reception was cheap at best, with only popcorn and stale chips, cheap booze and watery beer -- very sub par. Breakfast was OK, but only just. I just thought that for the price I might get something a little more premium. I was wrong.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the tramline - they ring the bell on that thing at ungodly hours.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tanksmon
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We visit Minneapolis about 2 times a year, our family loves the Mall of America!! And there is no better place to stay than Embassy Suites Airport!!! We LOVE the breakfast, and the popcorn and chips in the evening!! We LOVE to ride the train to the Mall! We LOVE the people and the rooms! There is so much to do as a family, and this hotel is located in the best place. Truly a wonderful experience, the service is great, and the rooms are clean, the 2 most important things to us!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are better for families with small children, they are quieter!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family