Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America(Bloomington)
  • Restaurant
Great Wolf Lodge(Bloomington)
1,638 results
All reviewspool areaacross the streetpoolside roomred rossaregular poolbest westernshot tubwater featuresattached restaurantgreat poolwithin walking distancewafflesthe breakfast areashuttle servicelarge poolfree breakfastwater park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were looking forward to staying in this hotel as it was #1 on Trip Advisor, but we were not overly impressed. Some issues we had:

-When we checked in (aroung 8pm) we assumed our room would be more than ready for us to check in. The woman checking us in informed us, however, that our room was not yet available even though it was 4 hours after check in time. Conveniently, there was a pool side room available so she was able to upgrade us to that room at no additional charge which was great for us, however I overheard the woman next to us checking in and they had the same issue with her room not being ready, and told her she'd just have to wait until it was ready (from what I heard they did not offer her any other type of room). So although everything worked out for us at check-in, I'm just wondering if we would've been stuck waiting around like the woman next to us if they wouldn't have happened to had an extra pool room available.
-Upon arriving in our room we noticed some long, black hairs on the pillows and sheets on one of the beds that obviously didn't belong to anyone in our group. We called the front desk and asked for more sheets and pillows and after about 15 minutes a man knocked on our door and handed us 1 set of clean sheets and 1 pillow. We kind of expected new sheets for both beds in the room considering apparently our room had not been adequately cleaned, plus there was 4 pillows on each bed and they only brought us 1 new one.
-Although we were staying in the middle of the week, it was incredibly busy. One night we heard the people in the room next to us fighting all night. During breakfast in the morning there were moms practically fighting tooth and nail at the waffle station to get not only waffles for themselves, but for every member of their family.
-Part of the front desk staff was friendly, but part of them definitely had attitude.
-We had several issues with the vending machines and video games taking our money.

However, there were pros to the hotel.
-Room smelled and looked (other than the hair issue) very clean.
-Breakfast was good
-Pool area was very nice although usually pretty busy
-Buses ran every 30 minutes to and from the mall, and the drivers were very friendly and accommodating
-Wifi was free, fast and easy to use
-Beds were very comfortable

Overall the hotel was fine, but not (in my opinion) worthy of #1 in Bloomington. Also, I would have felt more satisfied if the room would've been more like $90-100/night.

Room Tip: Pool-side rooms are cool and convenient if you plan on swimming, but they are also VERY loud
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Mark O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Roarviews, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts of the hotel. I must agree with you we certainly did not live up to our #1 ranking. The issues you encountered will be discussed and fixed with our management staff and associate leaders. I am happy to hear that you thought the hotel was overall clean with a good breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary wifi and shuttle service to and from the mall of america. I do hope if you travel back to the area you come back to the Best Western Plus in Bloomington. Please call me personally for your next reservation.

Mark Olson

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The kid pool area is great, with warm water. The beds were uncomfortable. The breakfast was good, but the waffle irons need some upkeep. The staff was great. They have plenty of roll away beds, which are also lumpy. The shuttle service to the Mall of America was really nice. We stayed there for 3 nights with 3 kids. Overall it was a nice stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

857Jeremyyb, thanks for your review of the Best Western Plus in Bloomington. We will take the information you gave us about your stay and use it to make future visits for you and others better. I am happy the staff was great and that you enjoyed the shuttle service. We hope you come visit us again when you are in the area. Please call the hotel and speak with myself or are front desk staff to set up your next stay.

Mark Olson

Reviewed April 21, 2014

WOW!!!! Great for both adults and kids. Absolutely beautiful, super-clean accommodations, modern, incredible pool area and jacuzzi, excellent working office center, excellent service, and great breakfast included. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The company I work for has a contract to stay at this particular hotel and I have stayed there many times for business. This trip was personal. I can't comment on the price because I did pay our contracted rate. My family and I went to the Twin Cities for a wedding and we went early, so we stayed here for a couple of days. It is very close to the airport and right across the street to the Mall of America. The hotel has a continental breakfast that is decent, but was very crowded while we were there. The indoor pool area is great...it has a small, shallow pool which our 3YO LOVED! I thought the water was freezing. Free wi-fi, but I had to log in every time my ipad went to sleep.

The reason for my review of this hotel was the housekeeping staff! This was the first trip we have gone on without getting a crib. The beds have long round pillows which we put under the covers to act as bed rails so my daughter didn't fall out of bed. The housekeeper made the bed the next day while we were out and about. She left everything the way we had it. She even tucked in "baby" We got quite a chuckle about that! The next day we packed and left. My husband went to check out and I loaded the kiddo into her car seat. We passed the housekeeper in the hallway and told her thank you. As I pulled out of our parking space to drive around to pick up my husband she was waiting by the outside door with my make up bag that I had left on the bathroom vanity. I had no idea I had even left it! It was these two little things that went above and beyond.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel was great. The beds and pillows were awesome. The breakfast was great. Staff and service was great. Our only complaint for the entire time there was the pool was rather chilly. The hotel was in walking distance to the mall and was a great surprise. The hotel restaurant was very convenient also. I would recommend this hotel to others.