“Uncomfortable Beds - Great Breakfast”

Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The room was nice and clean, but the bed was a therapeutic bed and very uncomfortable. The free continental breakfast was great. The décor was a little wild - not my taste. Great location for MOA shoppers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very nice staff and updated rooms. Breakfast was excellent and the grandkids really enjoyed the swimming pools. Will stay at this hotel again. It is within walking distance to the Mall of America and they have a shuttle service that runs every half hour.

1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a great hotel! Helpful staff, nice decor, small water park for the kids, decent breakfast, restaurant on site, and a free shuttle to the Mall of America (which is just across the road, but not a walkable route in snow) and the airport. I am so glad I found this hotel. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great place to stay with children. We stayed in a pool side room and love the extra room that the patio gave us. The pool was somewhat cold and the rooms very warm. We shut down our in room heating system while we slept. This was not a bad problem to have as we visited in winter when there was snow on the ground. We loved the hot breakfast that was included as well

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Noisiest hotel room I think I have ever had!. We had just driven 14 hours straight, and specifically requested a quiet room. So they put us near the elevator and pool. If that is their quietest room, I'd hate to see the loud ones. Front desk was too busy discussing how rude and arrogant pilots and flight attendants are, to help us check in. And, upon leaving, uttered the words "you're all set". I usually have good luck with Best Western Plus hotels, but will not use this one again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kara J
Mark O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Kara J, I can not tell you enough how disappointed I am in our team that we did not live up to our guest service standards. I will be in contact with our front desk team and discuss their attitudes and make sure that this does not happen to any future guests. I think we have a great hotel and a great team. We have consistently been in the top 2 hotels in Bloomington on Tripadvisor and we are very proud of that. I so hope that if you travel back to the Minneapolis Mall of America area that you contact me directly and give us a second chance to show you that we are a great team and focused on our guests and the service we give them.

Sincerely
Mark Olson

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel is a notch above most others. The service is exceptional and the rooms are pristine. The best part of this stay was dinner at the Redrosa Italian Restaurant. It has a great menu (try the house lasagna) and excellent service. The night I stayed there was also live music which only added to the dining experience. I have stayed at the Best Western Bloomington and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott S

Scott, so glad that you keep coming back and staying with us. It is great to have you as a guest and I will make for sure that our Restaurant that is at the hotel Red Rossa Italian Grille is aware of how you enjoyed dining with them.

Mark Olson
Best Western Plus Bloomington

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The trip to Minneapolis was so worth it with my 90 year old mother thanks to the Best Western. She got to see her great grandchildren play and in the pool area...not to mention her grand children. The staff and the hotel made this trip so wonderful. No question in my mind that I would recommend Best Western!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Downtown
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Downtown
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot

Been to Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel? Share your experiences!