Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America(Bloomington)
  • Restaurant
Great Wolf Lodge(Bloomington)
1,638 results
All reviewspool areaacross the streetpoolside roomred rossaregular poolbest westernshot tubwater featuresattached restaurantgreat poolwithin walking distancewafflesthe breakfast areashuttle servicelarge poolfree breakfastwater park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked this hotel for three nights during a visit to the Twin Cities to visit my daughter's college for family weekend. I am not a Mall of America fan (just not a mall fan in general) but the location of this hotel would be a MOA shopper's dream! Free pick-up and drop-off at both the airport and Mall so no car needed unless you are interested in travelling around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The hotel is a good value for the money. I requested and received a quiet room. There is a pool that seems very popular with families of younger children. I requested a room away from the pool activity and was quite pleased. The room was clean. The beds comparable to a Westin Heavenly Bed. The room was wonderfully dark (room darkening curtains). Flat screen television with a remote in a sleeve that indicates it was just cleaned. Nice touch! Ample towels. Toiletries are a bit sparse with just the basic shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a bar of hand soap. Hot water readily available and the toilet flushes. (I only mention this because sometimes toilet water pressure can be an issue at hotels.) Free WiFi. The business center is three computers near the front lobby. You turn your room key into the front desk and receive in exchange the keyboard and mouse. Free boarding pass printing. I did not eat at the restaurant at this hotel but did visit the "open 24 hours" International House of Pancakes (IHOP) located within walking distance on the same side of the road at another hotel. I noticed many patrons walking to the Mall of America but this Best Western Plus does offer a free shuttle. The hotel is a short drive to downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul as well as close to a local Walmart, Target and grocery stores. The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast but I can't comment on that because I didn't partake. The breakfast seemed extremely popular with other visiters and their children. There's ample free parking at this hotel. Every employee I encountered was friendly. An aside: We ate at a fantastic restaurant in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis: Lucia's. I highly recommend. They take reservations. I am in the Twin Cities several times a year and used to stay at the Westin Galleria (in Edina) but have had a difficult time justifying their room rate. I'm pleased to have "discovered" the Best Western Plus and will definitely return. My only complaint: I saw no evidence of recycling at this hotel. A recycling bin was not provided in the room. I, therefore, took all of my recyclables to my daughter's college and used their bins which wasn't a big hassle but it's a shame that more hotels don't offer their guests an in-room recycling option.

Room Tip: There seem to be poolside as well as quiet rooms available. Just indicate your preference and the hotel seems happy to accommodate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Maryandfamily
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great motel convenient to Mall of America and MSP Airport. Great restaurants nearby. We stayed at
about 6 Best Westerns last summer and earned a free night. What a superb deal we had being able to pick this location. We dined at Chevy's nearby and walked around the Mall of America.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Location- right off of 77N, stay right, take the first right and you are in the parking lot. The Hotel is literally a 5-minute walk from Mall of America. If you prefer, this Best Western runs a shuttle to MoA regularly, but the weather was nice and we hoofed it no problem. The parking lot is large, well-lit, and encircles the building, so larger vehicles and vehicles with trailers should have no problem. The property felt secure and I was not concerned about my vehicle during my stay.

Property- this is a large, sprawling property. It could literally take you a couple minutes to walk from one end to the other, so if you have difficulty with mobility you might inquire about a room closer to the north end of the hotel where all of the amenities are.

Service- check in was seamless, staff friendly, polite, and accommodating. Lobby is clean, spacious, and updated.

Room- travelling with a business partner this time, so booked a double queen room. The room was large enough for our needs, and featured a large flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and all of the other accessories you typically find. Best Western is still using drip coffee makers in the rooms <shudder>. The bathroom was right on the edge of being small; the combination tub/shower was similar to something you might have at home. Interestingly, and I comment on this because I have never seen this in a Best Western before, the toilet seemed to be a commercial fixture, similar to something you might see at, oh...a truck stop or restaurant? It was sparkling clean, but it seemed strange. WiFi is unsecured. No problems connecting and through-put was very good. Far as I could tell there is no provision for a cable-connect.

Sleep quality was just great. The black-out curtains worked exactly as designed, and even tho our room was on the highway side, traffic noise was minimal and not a problem. There were no noises from adjacent rooms, plumbing or otherwise, but you could hear people in the hallway if they were less than subdued (children). There were more children at this Best Western than I have ever seen at a Best Western (MoA is a "destination"), but it wasn't a problem at all.

Although we did not use it, the pool area looked fantastic! It's huge, and very oriented toward children, but wow, what a set-up. I cannot say what the water temperature was, but the air temperature in the pool are was very warm. Another reviewer observed that there were not enough towels in the pool area, but on the day of my stay there was an abundance of towels.

Breakfast was good: the hot items were warm and the cold items cold. This hotel gets a lot of play, so to speak, given it's proximity to the Mall, so the breakfast area was very busy @ 8:00 AM (I ate @ 6:00 AM when very few people were there). Powdered eggs (typical), undefinable pseudo-link sausage (typical), pretty good potatoes, less than room-temperature biscuits but pretty darn good white sausage gravy. Typical gamut of cold juices & milk (2% and skim), large tureen of warm oatmeal, typical rack of cold bagels and other breads, waffle makers, green apples, bananas etc. Overall pretty satisfying. Coffee so-so. Morning news on two flat screen TVs.

Overall this is a very nice Best Western Plus. It also happened to be the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed in a lot of them), so value is difficult to ascertain. I had a two-room King suite at a Best Western Premier (in Albuquerque, NM) that cost half as much, but given the location I sort of expected it to be expensive. Honestly, I might not stay there again as a business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel lived up to the hype. We stayed in the area for 4 days and I spent a lot of time checking reviews of all surrounding hotels and kept coming back to this one, and Im glad we did. Everything from the pool (we have a 2 year old) to the pool view room, the service, cleanliness, breakfast, staff, beds, the list goes on. We were very impressed!!! We didn't get a chance to eat at the Redrosa restaurant which is attached but we will be back. Very happy!!1 Topped off a great trip.

Room Tip: If you have young kids get a pool side or pool view room, it keeps them busy just looking out when your in the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at this hotel, located across the street from the Mall of America.The room was spacious and clean and the beds very comfortable. The room included a microwave and small fridge as well as work desk. The hot breakfast was well stocked and very popular, especially on a Sunday game day for the Vikings. They provide shuttle service to the Mall, Airport, Light Rail Station and other places 24/7. You can also walk to the Mall if you wish. Check-in and check-out was very smooth and front desk clerk Matt was extremely friendly and quick to talk sports with the guests. The pool area is very large and includes a big hot tub plus mini-water park for kids. IHOP and TGIFridays are walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool area if you are traveling without kids.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple