Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
$133
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,640 results
All reviewspool areaacross the streetpoolside roomred rossaregular poolbest westernshot tubwater featuresattached restaurantgreat poolwithin walking distancewafflesthe breakfast areashuttle servicelarge poolfree breakfastwater park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I took my daughter to MOA for some last minute fill in shopping for school and some necessary American Girl accessories :). We wanted to try pool side, so the front desk was able to book us into a King (handicap accessible) Poolside Room. Please note that this room is at the end of the pool area, not immediately right outside your door, but just a matter of additional feet.. You have your own little sitting area outside of your room in the pool area. Sliding doors get you back into your room from this area. You also have your hallway access. They are secure. The room is decorated in browns and tans, very updated and classy. There was a fridge in the room, big screen TV and a recliner and desk and chair. The handicap accessible room has a walk in larger shower with a seat instead of a bathtub. The shower is flush with the floor, so there is potential of getting the floor a little wet when showering. Perfect for those in need of a shower as such. My older parents would have loved it.

The shuttle drivers were very accomodating - nothing to worry about there! Staff was very friendly. I agree with most reviewers that breakfast is a bit crowded. Next time I think we will just plan to take our trays and bring breakfast back to our room. Good selection of food and coffee tastes really good!

We ordered pizza from the restaurant in house. I will give that another try next visit, but couldn't really rave about this one. We will try the food again later this year.

My 5 year old loved the water park area, but I think ages 2-4 may enjoy it more. The pool was a bit cool, as other reviewers have mentioned. I hope they can adjust that a little bit. The hot tub is awesome, enjoyed some time in that as well.

We will be staying in one of the suites next visit, so we are excited about that.

Nice, Nice hotel, I agree. Think of it as a few steps or a leap up from the standard overnight hotel you might use when traveling somewhere. Elegant standard? Fun for the kids, easy access to MOA by shuttle or walk across street if you want. Recommended.

Last but not least...I left a very nice blouse/jacket hanging on the back of the bathroom door. It was days after I got home before I realized it. I called housekeeping at the hotel, and they said they put it aside and viola! It was returned to me. I thought it was gone forever. Thank you for the honest employee(s).

Room Tip: This King Accessible Pool Side room is at the end of the pool area. Main floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoriB263
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Having worked in sales and catering for a major hotel chain, I know that women's groups can be hard to deal with! Hotels generally don't make much on a group of women, for a variety of reasons; however, this hotel adjacent to the Mall Of America, is a shining star of a hotel that goes above and beyond the call to hospitality. From the restaurant and bar, to the front desk and housekeeping, none of us was disappointed or could have asked for better! The rooms were large and equipped with all the comforts of home. (closets were smaller than expected) Hallways were kept clear and easy to navigate. The breakfast area was easily convenient to lobby and elevators. The complimentary shuttle was always within minutes of availability. Without exception, every employee clearly had hospitality and courtesy as their goal of the day. It was a pleasure to be a guest at the Best Western Plus in Bloomington!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank emgTX
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Loved the rooms. Loved the restaurant lounge. Loved the pool area. Great fitness room. All-in-all a great hotel when staying near the MOA. It is walking distance.

All the staff are very friendly and seem happy to have you stay at this hotel. Everyone greets you and offers you their services.

The included continental breakfast is very busy and can get crowded, but is the ultimate for families travelling together and wanting to save on buying breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to get your restaurant discount coupon from the front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I arrived early (before regular check-in time) from a long flight but had no issues in getting checked in by the helpful & friendly desk staff.

Hotel is quite large (2 storey only), receptionist explained I could move my car to another enterance to cut down the walk to my room.

Room was slightly larger than "normal". Very clean with a fridge, large HD tv (loads of channels). Free internet access was painless to connect to, fast and strong signal that didn't drop out once. A good comfortable nights slight with no noise from outside/inside hotel.

Restaurant next door to hotel, however I eat down the street at TGI Fridays. Mall of America is literally across the road from hotel lobby (to Macy's enterance).

Now, my only gripe with this hotel, breakfast ! I should have clicked when there is a small tray in the room and a "helpful" note explaining that you can use it to collect breakfast and return to your room. Anyway, I went down to get breakfast and the scene I was met with was like a school canteen at lunchtime, totally full with folks all over the place. I managed to get a coffee, yogurt & some fruit then returned to my room, chances of getting a seat were minimal. There was some hot food & waffle makers etc. If the breakfast area was double the size then it might work but the current area is just too small for the amount of rooms this hotel has.

Chec out was again pleasant and helpful, bill having been put under room door throughout the night.

Overall, good stay except for breakfast. Shame but still worth 4 stars in my opinion & I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Get down early for breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlbertNags
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel truly exceeded my expectations. Exceptional accommodations, staff, and ammenities. Would definitely consider this hotel for leisure or business travel. WOW for Best Western! During my travels this week, I had the most blissful rest. The complimentary breakfast was delishious. The only thing remotely deficient at this hotel was the gym.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business