Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
$135
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,638 results
All reviewspool areaacross the streetpoolside roomred rossaregular poolbest westernshot tubwater featuresattached restaurantgreat poolwithin walking distancewafflesthe breakfast areashuttle servicelarge poolfree breakfastwater park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Actually, I have stayed here more than twice - probably six times. Previously, all rooms have been quiet, comfortable, great beds and pillows, good water pressure and overall outstanding. However, this time the hotel was fairly full so I opted for an accessible King rooms since there was no other king available. This was a pool view King and it has many issues.

First, it stinks. I know there is a water park here and it gets wet in the rooms from time to time. But I have never had this issues before. It reeks of mold and mildew.

Second, being an accessible room also means that the sink counter top in the bathroom is far too small. I understand the need for space in this type of room, but it is REALLY small.

Third, the AC is nowhere near able to keep up with my attempt to dry out the air in the room. I have ti set to 65 and it gets no better than 74.

Aside from what is happening in the room, the free fruit in the lobby (normally a GREAT bonus) is all unripened, the breakfast buffet is flavorless this time and the Internet speed, normally blazing fast (tested with Speedtest.net to be 10MB+ upload and download) seems to now be throttled to 1.2MB. Plus, they have disconnected the wired access so there is no hope for better speed. I stay for business so the Internet speed is critical to me, and frankly, it is the main reason why I have previously loved this hotel.

I also asked for a late checkout and my request was denied without discussion. That is the first time that has ever happened at any hotel, and I stay in a lot of hotels.

So now, I am left with a really bad taste in my mouth about this hotel. Some of it because of the room choice, some of it =, in fairness, probably because it is full. There are many other choices in the area and I feel it is time for me to check some of those out. I will stay here again, but only with reservations well in advance and a specific choice of rooms opposite the pool (no pool view).

Cheers!

Room Tip: Avoid pool view! Rooms are very humid.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Y2kc5oh
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great hotel. Near the mall, freeways and the airport. Will stay here again! Be forewarned, the breakfast area is smaller then it should be for a family hotel so we chose to take our breakfast poolside. I might spring for the poolside rooms next time as well.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Best Western in Bloomington. We came to shop at the Mall of America and this was the perfect hotel. It's right across the street. We could've walked....but then we would've had to carry all our bags. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great....nice selection. The pool looked looked like fun, especially if you had little ones. Would definitely stay here again!

3  Thank erlamimi
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Here is a copy of a letter I just sent to this hotel:
Hi,
This is a first....I travel a lot, but don't recall ever contacting a location about my experience. While most of my travel is for business, the stay at your hotel was with my family on a short family outing we planned to the area. I have learned that pre-reading hotel reviews before selecting a hotel is a good idea. I usually read over reviews on tripadvisor.com and can generally get a good idea about the quality of a place based on an overview of reviews. That is why I chose your hotel...it had nothing to do with location...it was only because of the positive reviews. We stayed two nights, (nights of July 9 and July 10, 2012), my family consists of my wife and I...as well as a 4 yr old and 6yr old. I booked the over sized king room. I tend to pay a lot more when my family is along as I prefer a nice room for my kids. Honestly, I can't think of one thing we did not like about your hotel. I am the type that will look for negative things about a place....I could find none. The room was great...very clean and had great high quality furnishings. The entire hotel was spotless! We could find no dirt or dust anywhere...including the halls and window frames. Your staff is top notch. We were constantly impressed with how friendly everyone was. The housekeeping staff went out of their way to repeatedly smile and say hello to us every time we passed in the hall. There was even one gentleman who I think worked maintenance, who took the time to talk to my 4 yr old son about how much he liked the goggles he was wearing as we walked to the pool. This small act of kindness made my son's day as he was weary of having on goggles, but was totally cool with it after this nice man made a "big deal" about how cool they looked. This is so impressive because I know the people behind the scenes at hotels have hectic jobs and are on a tight schedule.
The only semi inconvenience we had the entire time was the fact that the mall shuttle was difficult to arrange as that person was always gone to the airport, etc.....walking over with our 4 yr old was a chore, but we did it.
I paid almost $500 for the 2 nights we stayed and I really do think it was worth it. It is a ton of money, but we were so impressed. I have no problem paying for quality and we did receive a lot of quality at your hotel.
As you know, there are dozens of places to stay the night in your area. Your Best Western Plus is the only place we will stay when visiting. I truly believe a high quality hotel like yours is due to a high quality of management. The place was immaculate and all of the employees we encountered were top notch. This is a sign of a very well managed facility. Please keep up the great work!! I hope your hotel is rewarded for the quality you demand by having a constant high occupancy rate.....you deserve it.

6  Thank IowaBJP
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The pools are great, with a fun splash park and a nice hot tubas well. The rooms are modern and the mattress is pillow-topped. Very attractive bedding, tons of pillows! Decent hot complimentary breakfast with a nice big eating area. We could walk easily to MOA, which was great. Staff were very friendly. The price was reasonable, especially considering the amenities and the proximity to MOA. The hallways are a bit of a maze if you don't park near your hotel room, but the exterior doors are well labelled to do that easily. Definitely a family-friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra cost for a pool-side room if you plan to use the pool a lot. I will choose that option next time I travel with kids.