“Great Stay!”

Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Recently stayed here for 3 nights and LOVED this place. It's right across the street from the MOA so you can walk with no problem. The rooms are large, modern and very clean. The pool area is good for small children as it has a water play area along with a large pool for the bigger kids. The only negative I would have is the breakfast set up. Not enough seats and how they've set the food up results in a line up every morning right through where everyone sits...my only negative and not a huge one. I would stay here again...hopefully the rates will stay reasonable as I paid under $100.00 a night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a park and fly package. The hotel was easy to find and within walking distance of MOA. We only stayed one night and found the room to be very comfortable, good sized, quiet (except for the fridge which we turned off to sleep). Breakfast buffet was the usual assortment with waffles, eggs, breads, etc. Although we did not use it, the pool area looked very inviting with lots of options for children to play. Grandkids, kids would love it!! The hotel shuttle was very timely and got us to and from the airport smoothly with almost no wait. With the notable exception of the fellow who initially checked us in (remedial hospitality class might help) everyone else was courteous and friendly. Prices are in line with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nerw Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

What a find! We went to Minneapolis to see the Mall and go to a Twins game. I think I would go back to stay at the hotel. We are from NJ. The staff was so accomodating, so warm and welcoming. The shuttle service they offer is such a nice touch and really often above and beyond what you can reasonably expect. The hotel room was spotless, the beds were so comfortable and I loved the decor of the room. Thank you so much for making a great trip even better.

Room Tip: The pool area is so well done. It was nice to have a 1st floor pool side room.
Washington, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

First experience being in Minnesota since I was a little girl. Why have I waited so long to come back ? I WILL be back to explore the state further. This Hotel is fabulous. Spent two days there with family and did not see one unhappy person. The Hotel Staff was very versed on customer service and could not have been more friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers are a bunch of fun guys and most accomodating. Yes, the line for breakfast can be a little long but hey, the food is included in the room rate. It is your typical continental breakfast but if you are unhappy with that, go down the street to the IHOP or locate a McDonalds nearby. The Redrossa Grill has good pizza however I was a little disappointed they charged us $4 to walk a pizza down the hall to our room. Had I known that, I would have gotten it myself. That is my only complaint. We had a absoultely wonderful time, hotel was cleanest I had ever seen anywhere, staff was very, very pleasant and it was a quiet place to stay. We were not near the pool but you could not hear the people in the next room nor could you hear people going up and down the hall. Made for a very private, peaceful night. Final tip: You will not go wrong staying here. I have already booked a room for two nights later this year and can't wait to get back there. You will love this place as much as we did and it holds many memories for you and your family. Great place to stay.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My mom and I stayed her in mid-August. The location is excellent if your intent is to visit the Mall of America--you can walk to it from the hotel or they have a free shuttle.

The room was wonderful--loved the decor. It had both a microwave and a fridge. You got a complimentary newspaper each morning and breakfast. The breakfast area was a little small for the amount of people that stay at this hotel. We had to wait in line for about 10 minutes and then had to wait for seating or eat in our room. The lady who worked the breakfast area was very good.

The people were friendly and made sure that we had a top floor in the hotel. I would certainly stay again as well as recommend it to others.

Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a newly remodeled hotel. Carpets, Bedding, Decorations new and fresh. Bathrooms have updated tile and good countertops. Plenty of water pressure.
The hotel is located directly across from the Mall of America and there is a sidewalk and a crossing light for easy access. If you can handle walking, it is much faster than driving and trying to find a parking spot (we did both)
I would consider myself moderately picky. I want a good bargain but I want it clean and up to date. I walked into the hotel room and immediately felt very comfortable.
If you have young kids, they will go crazy over the pool and water play equiptment.
There is a fairly large hot tub. Everything was in good working condition and plenty of towels in the pool area.
If I have one complaint, it would be that the kitchen area is not big enough. Each morning, there was a huge line of people, trying to get breakfast. I think they should open up another area for breakfast. Maybe a banquet room or something. If you think about the number of rooms and then you look at the kitchen area, you can understand that there is no way that all those people could fit in the dining area. However, the food was plentiful and decent. The servers were constantly replenishing the selection. Foods included: donuts, toast, bagels, cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly, butter. Coffee, tea, juice, milk, yogurt and cereal. There was fresh fruit, apples, bananas, oranges. Hot foods included cinnamon rolls and a hash brown type of thing that had ham and cheese inside. They had 2 make your own waffle stations, including sugar free syrup.
I know when you are looking for a hotel you wonder about so many things but honestly, you really can't go wrong with this hotel.

1 Thank murphykc
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel for 35 years. The renovations make it look like a brand new property- The shuttle takes you to the Mall of America and you just have to phone when you are ready to be picked up - much better than once an hour like most of the other hotels. I overheard the driver say he would also take them to IKEA. The pool has always been the selling point but they added some little slides and spray areas good for little kids. The breakfast was complimentary and had a good variety of choices. My only complaint was that the sofa bed was not comfortable - you could feel every spring.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Downtown
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Downtown
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bloomington Hotel? Share your experiences!