“Clean, quiet, modern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Minneapolis, United States
“Clean, quiet, modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a wonderful "date night", enjoyed the timely & tasty room-service breakfast, hotel restaurant, huge hot tub & pool. Super clean room & hotel. We will be back with the kids for a night out sometime. Doubletree seems to always be a great brand, any of their locations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I really don't understand how the sockets work, but it's impossible to get a plug into most of them. As a result, I have to plug my electornics into inconvient places. The room is also very dark, even with all the lights on. On this visit, no towels. I also dropped a cookie, and the crunmbs were not cleaned up.

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Thank you for your time and experience of staying with us at the Double Tree. I am unfamiliar with the issue you may have had with the plug in's. I have located the room you stayed in and will have maintenance resolve this issue. I am sorry for the incovienance it may have caused you.

I will forward onto the Housekeeping Director the issues you had with your room. Thank you for letting us know.

Hotel Management
Bloomington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Double tree in the south tower badly needs updated. The doors down the hallway were peeling or had some signs torn off that left white strips missing on the dark gray doors. The room was ok but the hallway was littered with trash. I complained the the desk clerk who must have sent someone up to pick up the bigger pieces of paper on the floor but the hall didn't look like it have been vacuumed for a very long time. would not recommend staying here as the price of the room is definitely not worrh the $102 they billed my company.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, December 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. We have reviewed your concerns with our Housekeeping team to ensure your experience does not repeat itself.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Best Regards,

Hotel Management
Ross, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is doing some renovating so upon driving up to the entrance I had some serious doubts. I got a fantastic deal for this hotel on Priceline.com. The lobby is kind of "cheap" looking. The service was great, check-in was quick and efficient. The room was beautiful! Spacious, CLEAN, comfortable. The bathroom and tub/shower was also very clean and nice big fluffy towels are provided. The hotel is located right off the freeway but the rooms are very sound-proof and I could not hear a thing. Had a great night's sleep and was ready for appointments the next day feeling refreshed. I will absolutely stay at this hotel again and I highly recommend it!!

• 5 of 5 stars
Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear lorac1962,

We are ecstatic to see your glowing review of our hotel! You are right, we did have some recent rennovating done on our parking lot (such is life during summertime in Minnesota). You can't have over 1100 parking spots without a little work being done here and there! Enjoy your travels and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean but dated. Hallways had a little musty smell. Overall the price was good and rooms themselves were clean. We will stay there again.
Only issues we had was getting the room cleaned and getting enough towels. We had the do not disturb sign on the door until we showered. We left the hotel at 9 AM to shop. We returned that evening and the room was not cleaned. Seems odd that they would not check again after 9 to clean the room.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Bhutch9910,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! I am sorry you didn't receive service from our housekeeping team. Our policy is to check twice (once in the morning and once in the early afternoon) for service. Our Executive Housekeeper has reviewed this event with our staff to confirm the correct procedures. We look forward to seeing you at our location again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

It was a mixture of good things and bad things. 1. was informed I was to have a rollaway bed for my kid in my confirmation letter. Found out due to fire codes, rollaway could NOT be provided to that room. And we had three people in our group for the room. 1a. Bed was actually the most comfortable I have had in the hotel in years. 2. Housekeeping as usual, was great. The lady we had was very understanding. 3. Hotel need to put benches near the elevators in the south tower for folks to sit on to wait for the elevators. Being physically disabled. It is hard at times to stand to wait for the elevator. And I was not the only one having troubles. 4. Looking eastward out of the room's window. I could see a area outside the hotel on the roof that needed repair. As in painting the wood and derusting the pylons. 4a. Also noted who ever painted the room I had. Did not do that great of a job. As well as did not use a primer coat on a few spots. No matter what, my family & I will be returning to the hotel unless the folks running the event we were at, to a different building.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear 196suzettek,

Thank you for your review of our property! I was intrigued by your comments about waiting for the elevators and asking for a bench to sit on while one waits. I think that is a phenomenal idea. I will passing your comments directly to my Director of Operations. In regards to the rollaway and the fire codes, I am sorry for the confusion. I have updated my front office staff members and the reservation agents at Hilton corporate to assisting in making sure this doesn't happen again. As always, we appreciate the fact you stay with us. Keep writing reviews and come see us at the desk for where we get these comfy beds!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Overall, the lobby, the bar/restaurant, general atmosphere is very nice (above average). The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms are well equipped. If it wasn't for the cracks in the ceiling with paint falling on the carpet and the dated peeling wallpaper, this would have received 4 or even 5 stars. Some simple maintenance and general management and this hotel would be excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear ThadHare,

Thank you for submitting your comments to us! It sounds like you are quite the experienced traveler and I have passed along these comments to my maintenance team. We appreciate the genuine criticism and are happy you enjoyed the other facets of your stay! Come see us again soon!