“Waste of Time and Money”

Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
“Waste of Time and Money”

Dirty carpet.
No Maid service.
Incorrect check-in time given.
Disabled person stuck waiting in public space.
Cookies do nothing to make it right.

Minicon is almost upon Minnesota science fiction fandom, and, as in many years I still will not attend.
But take heart, this year, it is not the fault of the convention.
the fault lies clearly in the lap of the DoubleTree Hilton in Bloomington Minnesota, which, frankly sucked so much in their treatment of me, there is no way I will give them any of my money.
all the best to those who are going, and have a good time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Guest Services S, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Onalaska, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was going to Anime Detour this year with my friends. It was being held at the DoubleTree and I managed to snag a room in the hotel. It was very convenient for us. The service was great, the hotel was beautiful, and the free cookie was delicious! I hope i get to stay there next year.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel was good did have a problem with heating room got cold in middle of the night. Not sure if they could have fixed it I was too tired to complain but everything else was very good and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

boulder, co, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was traveling solo for business. there are numerous corporate destinations in this 494/Hw100 area. I found clean rooms and efficient staff -- great for business travel in SW Minneapolis suburbs - about 15m from airport.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

New Richmond, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I went to this hotel for the Anime convention and was very happy to get a room. Unfortunately I wasn't booked under the Anime block and didn't get the discount and did contact the hotel but as nice as they were before my stay...did not receive a response. Even if they feel I didn't deserve the small discount it would have been nice to get it as a one time customer courtesy. All in all the stay was fine and only met one employee that was not that great. Loved the cookie!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Marsha,
Thanks for sharing your comments - I'm sorry we didn't call you back and I will certainly look into how we over looked that. I'm glad you enjoyed the convention and the rest of your stay. We will keep the cookies warm and see you again next year!
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Everything was great. Staff was very friendly and willing to help and make accommodations. We were even able to get a minifridge brought up to our room. The room itself was clean and everything was in working order.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear yellowgummipanda,
Thanks so much for the great review - we really appreciate it and we hope to see you again soon!
Mason City, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The room was clean, the staff was great! I've stayed here twice now and I would absolutely stay a third time. I loved that they had shuttle buses to the Mall of America. I didn't have to find a parking spot and I didn't have to waste extra time trying to find the right turn off. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Ashely V,
We are so glad you enjoyed your second visit and we look forward to seeing you back again real soon!