“Anime Detour: Home and Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
bloomington, United States
“Anime Detour: Home and Hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel did a great job at accommodating an entire convention. The staff were considerate and helpful whenever conflicts arose, and they were quick to ask when attendees or other staff needed assistance.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Brittney H,
We do hope you feel like we are your home away from home during Anime and we look forward to hosting your group again next year!

Thanks for being a loyal Anime attendee!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Attended for a convention - was a great experience! The staff was very professional and pleasant. Loved the warm choc chip cookies! The rooms are beautiful and the beds are amazing! So comfortable ! It is a convenient hotel that is located right off of 494 - close to many things.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear baseballmom,
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again at next years convention - we will be sure to keep the cookies warm for you!

Until then!
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The staff were rude if I came to them with a problem, saying that they had already talked to me about when they hadn't and trying to get me to forget about it. The room was not clean when I got it and I found items moved around when I left the room for a few hours, putting the come back later sign on the door. They don't seem to care about their business or the satisfaction of their guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Megan S
Dear Megan S,
After reading your comments I do hope you will contact our Rooms Director directly. I know he would love to discuss your ecperience in further detail.

We thank you for your feedback!
Fargo, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Event was great, though a couple of situations held me back. Mostly due to the fact that our group of 16 had needed to check in, and our 4 rooms were not clean. After we had reached this fact, our rooms were given supreme priority, and the cleaning staff had switched over to these rooms. It took around 15 mins/room to clean each one, so it wasted around an hour of our time waiting inside the lobby. (What I should mention is that this was a 5k person event, so getting some rooms clean might have been a hard task for an event like this) The internet was not the best, but it was par. Everything else about the hotel was great.

Dear Lane,
We love hosting Anime every year and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your understanding regarding the huge influx of guests and the demand it can place on an operation!
We certainly hope to see you and your 16 friends again next year!
Broken Bow, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hotel was all and all an excellent Hotel for the money spent around $134.00/night. The hotel desk staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Directing me to the business center when I needed help and changing billing information without issue. The room was quite clean and orderly. Only one issue, the television remote was missing. This is a minor issue, actually probably a good thing since I had to pick a channel and stick with it if I didn't want to jump up everytime I wanted to watch a new channel. So I didn't waste much time surfing.

Dear Matthew B,
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the feedback on the remote- how odd - we will certainly replace it and make sure you have one on your next visit!

All the best!
Fargo, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family stayed at this location as I had a work conference there. Weeks before we checked in, we booked one extra night, at our expense, so that we could travel to the Mall of America as a family. When we checked in, we asked and were assured that we could stay in the same room all three nights and would not need to move. On Saturday morning, March 29, we went to check out and check right back in as we were told when we checked in on the 27th. At that time, the front desk staff said we had to move to a different room on a different floor. Unfortunately, we were ready to board the shuttle to the mall and could never pack and move in several minutes. My wife and daughters (ages 6 and 10) went to the mall and I stayed behind to pack and move. All because of the bad information given us at check in and the helpless and unhelpful staff on Saturday morning, I missed my kids first trip to the mall of America and the experiences they had until I was able to join them over three hours later. Thanks for nothing, Double Tree.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Shawn B
Dear Shawn B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm terribly sorry to hear your tale and we will be sure to use the information to improve our operation. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion should you choose to visit the Mall of America again!

Thank you!
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My trip to this hotel was unplanned and last-minute (evening flight out of MSP was cancelled). Needless to say I was not in a good mood when I arrived, but the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very busy and loug that night with lots of people in the lobby/ common areas (I think some teens/ groups on spring break). I told the manager all I wanted was some sleep and he gave me a room on the Hilton Honors level. While I am a Hilton Honors member, I don't normally stay on the "special" floor. So, I appreciate the nice treatment given my situation. Hotel room was nice and the bed was comfortable. It's about 10 miles from the airport, but they have a shuttle and it seemed cleaner than some other airport hotels.

Dear Regina M,
Even though we were not in your plans we were happy to have you and glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your feedback and, while we don't wish you any more cancelled flights, we do hope to see you again soon!

Thanks!