Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
bloomington, United States
“Excelllent”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was very happy with this hotel the room was very clean and the service was grand. Ther first desk answer all my questions in a timely fashion, they were also courteous and polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone friend or family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Allison W,
We're so pleased you enjoyed you visit with us - thank you for recommening us to friends and family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Just got back from a business trip at this hotel. Even though it was super cold in Minnesota we received a warm and friendly greeting from the desk. The breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious as was the lunch and breaks. The room was absolutely beautiful and the pillows were amazing. The catering staff was absolutely wonderful. If you're planning a meeting or a business trip to Minnesota Double Tree Bloomington - MInneapolis South is definitely the place to stay. They have free shuttle to both the airport and Mall of America. You will love the beds... Slept like I did before I had kids!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Guest Services S, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear TILIS02,
Fantastic Staff and FANTASTIC GUESTS! Thank you so much for singing our praises! We get lots of comments about our comfy beds warm cookies and friendly staff - we're so happy you enjoyed them! We are here winter or summer, snow or shine - please do come visit us again!
Bloomington, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Always a bonus to have warm cookies at check in. Nicely surprise by the quality of room we got by booking and paying in advance. This is our second stay with the hotel and of course we will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Nichole S,
We are thrilled to have made a loyal customer out of you! Thank you for posting your experience and thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you again and again!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights and 9 days for a residency. There were many pros and cons to this hotel which I will list below.

Pros:

-spacious hotel
-residency rooms were conveniently located on 1st and 2nd floor
-I was accommodated with a room on the lower floors since I do not like elevators
-Front desk was very nice and welcoming
-Shuttle bus that would take you back and forth to the airport and mall of america for free
-Staff would always say hi with a smile
-Jacuzzi was nice and warm
-Got to do some laundry which was convenient for me
-Rooms were spacious and pretty clean
-Comfortable beds and pillows
-I had a refrigerator and microwave
-Free wifi everywhere in the hotel
-There was fast food and other restaurants close by the hotel
-When we did have a few complaints they were quickly taken care of
-Our room had a great view
-Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Cons:

-It is cold pretty much everywhere in the hotel
-The showers do not have ventilators so the whole bathroom would fog up
-Horrible central air (made it hard to breath and nose was really dry)
-Walls are very thin you can hear everything next door
-We had some rude, loud, and obnoxious neighbors that were running drunk at past midnight. We called security and finally that problem was taken care of.
-Do not eat the buffet breakfast or lunch (made me sick)
-Sometimes there wasn't enough toiletries and we had to call in for extras
-Rooms a little outdated
-Hotel in a secluded area off the highway.

I will be visiting here again only in May due to another residency. Hopefully they will have upgraded a bit.

Dear GSiminica,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We, in turn, share them with out team to help us improve our operation. We look forward to seeing you again in May!
Nicollet, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I spend three days at the DoubleTree every year. Typically, the hotel does an amazing job of making my stay a great experience. This year was no different with one exception. I spent over an hour trying to get internet coverage in my room and had constant frustration.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Les K,
We are so pleased to host you every year and we do apologize for your internet frustrations. Should that happen again in the future, please ask for me directly and I will have our IT department personally assist you. Again, we apologize and we hope to see you again next year!
Pillager, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The stay was great. Everyone in the hotel was helpful. I love the warm cookie at check in. The parking attendant was wonderful. When I left my truck was brought around and warm. The food was great and everyone was more than willing to help out. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Services S, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Wanda B,
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your visit - we hope to see you and MESPA back here next year!
All the best!
Faribault, Minnesota
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel staff were quick to anticipate my needs and made me feel very welcome. The bed was excellent, the room was clean and quiet. The cookie was a nice treat at check-in. The front desk handled all of my questions with ease. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated by the time I checked out.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Nothing pleases me more than to hear you've enjoyed your stay. I'm so glad you took the time to share your comments and we hope to have you back again soon!