Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Merrill, Wisconsin
“Very unhappy”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We booked a three night stay in a King Suite and were given a King Standard. When we asked staff about it we were brushed off. We booked here to use the pool and hot tub during our stay only to find out there was a large convention booked during our stay, which made it very difficult and uncomfortable to use the pool area as it was side by side with the area set up for the convention attendees. Who would want to swim literally in the middle of people in business suits standing around? Very poor set up. We did not received any of the accommodations we requested and paid for. Would not stay there again. When we asked for compensation for the inconveniences and the hotel's error in room placement, they were completely unwilling to do so.

1 Thank rjkajamy3
Robert P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear rikajamy3,
I'm so sorry to learn of your disappointment, please don't hesitate to contact me personally to discuss your stay further. It is important to me that we make this right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our room smelled and was very dark even with all the lights on. Bathroom was not clean. Staff was not friendly. We were there for my husbands work party and we were not the only ones that had problems.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
It is always disappointing to hear that one of our guests did not enjoy theit stay. I would love to speak to you further about this so please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Traveled to the MN area over the New Year's holiday. Stayed here because our group had a block of rooms. Not impressed with the staff. The hotel was clean. For hotel eats, the bar served above-average food, When I arrived in minus zero temps, there was no sign of a bellman, and I had lots to take to the room. Never saw a bellman the following day when I was checking out. For the price I paid for the one night's stay, it was not a great deal. Next time, I'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room AWAY from vending/ice machine area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Cheryl R,
It is disappointing to learn of your experience - I'm so sorry you were not taken care of to the best of our abilities, but I will let the bar know you enjoyed your meal.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we always use the comments in our quest for continuous improvement.

All the best,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent Hotel. We pricelined this for $50 + $10 (taxes/fees) / night. We were greeted with cookies upon check in. The staff were very friendly and polite.

We stayed in the end unit room the first night of our stay and the room was very weird with a tiny window that one can barely look out of. It was also next to the service elevators and was very noisy. We talked to the front end staff the next morning and was moved to another unit in the middle of the building and no more issue with the noise.

The hot tube and sauna weren't very hot and don't waste your time there if you like those things hot.

1 Thank SammiBoi
Dear Sammiboi,
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back again the next time you are in town and we will keep the cookies warm for you!

Safe travels,
Norwalk, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The first room that the rep put me in smelled like a barn. It also had double beds and I was not asked if I would like a King or not. I had to change rooms which resulted in an incredibly large amount of noise above me and in the halls the entire night. One of the worst hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Todd S
Robert P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Todd S,
I'm so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please don't hesitate to give me a call directly.

All the best,
De Pere, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a very poor experience at the DoubleTree in Minneapolis. No information in the room about the hotel, trash not emptied, only one bar of soap in the bathroom, no phone book, no TV channel guide, vending didn't work correctly, staff was unresponsive to any attempt to remedy these issues. We won't be back!

David W,
I was saddened to learn of your experience and I sincerely apologize. Please don't hesitate to call me directly so we can discuss your visit further.

Minneapolis
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here with our kids over NYE, along with 2 other families. We all had poolside rooms which were fantastic. The hotel and rooms are very clean and very comfortable. The staff was outstanding. The pool and huge whirlpool were a hit with the kids and adults. The pool was actually warm. I was shocked as I feel like every pool I go to in a hotel is freezing. We will be back forsure!

Room Tip: If you have kids, request poolside or poolview rooms. So much fun and great sunken patio!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janeaj,
I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay over the New Year's holiday!
Our cabana suites are perfect for family getaways and our pool is always warm!
We hope to see you and your little ones again next year for the festivities!

Happy 2014!