“A good place to stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed there for two nights in a double queen room.

The room itself was clean, had enough space and looked modern. Our window was facing a wall. A little disappointing, but luckily we did not come for the view, so we didn't care. The bed was comfortable and the TV had a good selection of channels. Everything was functioning properly.The wifi is rather expensive. However, there was an option to try it out for one day for free.

I did have a bad experience with the air conditioner in the room. It was located by my bed and the air flow was directed right to me the whole time. There was no way to direct the air flow sideways or upward and even on the lowest fan speed it was still freezing to lie next to it. Without air conditioning, however, it got super hot. So, I had an uncomfortable sleep with this air conditioner constantly blowing cold air on me.

We did check out to the pool and hot tub. They were both nice. I found that on a weekend night, the place was swarming with kids who were running all over the place. I felt bad for the people who had a pool side room. First of all, people were constantly passing in front of their windows. Secondly, it must have been very noisy. The second night (Sunday night) was more calm and relaxing.

A good thing about the location is the abundance of food options right next to the hotel. There is a TGIF, Subway, Caribou Coffee, DQ, Burger King and Chilli's.

Overall, we had a lovely stay at the hotel at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Don't get a pool side room.
1  Thank SillyMidget

Reviewed July 23, 2013

They recently remodeled portions of this hotel, but seem to stop just short of making you say, "Wow, they did a great job remodeling." Case in point, popcorn ceilings, old bathtups with new fixtures... I am a diamond member so I stay at lots of different places. The day we stayed here they had a convention for developmentally disabled children who scream and cry. Not really conducive to a quiet stay. One elevator was working in the area they placed my wife and I. We took the stairs which was faster. They do have an executive lounge. The food was cold and the beer was warm. Unlike some places where an executive lounge, they allow members to select a beer yourself, not here. They have a server bring you a nice warm one. I drank half of my beer and told the server it was warm. She brought out a warm cup and had me put it in a bucket of ice. Yeah.. Breakfast was offered in a couple pans in the executive lounge. Awful. We didn't have any coupons for anything in the restaurant (despite being diamond members) so we left the hotel for breakfast. We wouldn't go back here.

Room Tip: Choose one away from screaming crying children.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank savvytravelers40
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great staff and generally good amenities. Only question is that of the entrance... it's around the corner in the back, and it's not clear whether the main entrance is where you go to check in or where deliveries are made. There are a couple of side entrances that look like they're pretty convenient for conferences. It's a Hilton, with the expected level of service and quality overall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve C
Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Steve C,
Thanks for the feedback regarding your stay. I really appreciate your comments about the entrance - very insightful! And I'm glad you enjoyed the staff and our amenities. As a business traveler we know you have high expectations and I'm happy to know we lived up to them!

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!
Lisa impagliazzo

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Rooms not ready at check-in. Rooms not cleaned as well as they should have been: stains found in bedding, crumbs found in the pull out. Concierge said they would send someone when we asked, but no one came. Staff did seem friendly, though. I've had better at County Inn and Suites, Prairie Inn's, and Super 8's. It was a busy weekend, and this is just my experience, but regardless, a luxury hotel's cleanliness and service should never slack.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Josephine C

Dear Josephine C,

I'm glad our team was friendly but I am disappointed by the rest of your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss this further and make it right.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was directed here by Delta Airlines along with numerous other passengers who missed connecitng flights for various reasons. The hotel has a shuttle that takes passengers to and from the airport, but it only runs hourly and could not accomodate the number of guests Delta was directing to it. If Delta and the hotel have an arrangement for passengers to stay there, I would hope for transportation to cover all guests in a timely fashion, not hourly until all are picked up. I did not want to wait, and took a cab.

The hotel appeared clean and reaosnably quiet for the short time I was there. Nothing stood out, good or bad. it does not appear to be near much of anything, and was a 15 minute cab ride from the airport. I suspect it is a good hotel for business travelers who need to be int he area or those passing through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank timlowe1
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel was very clean from the parking lot to the bathrooms. Staff was very professional and polite. Room was well kept, clean, and quiet. Beds were very comfortable and climate control worked well. Rooms seemed to be priced very competitive with other hotels.

1  Thank Stuart S

Dear Stuart S,
I appreciate you comments regarding the staff and the hotel - I will definitely pass them along to our team. They work very hard and we love it when our guests leave happy!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I always enjoy this hotel. They have recently upgraded the lobby. We enjoy the large pool area to gather as a group. I will stay there in the future when possible. I used priceline to book and the process online and at the hotel was seemless.

1  Thank Steven B

Dear Steven B,
Thanks for the great review and thanks for being a great return guest...please feel free to stop in and say HI, anytime!