“no internet really” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Forest Lake, United States
“no internet really”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

everything was nice but really no internet in the room...come on you got to be the only hotel in the world that does it...and when we try to pay for it only one person in the room can have it...I have traveled the world and never had to pay for internet in the room...if I had a choice why would I stay at your place when I can get internet free somewhere else...?

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Andrew M
Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Andrew M,
I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed in our internet service. We do offer basic internet for free and I apologize if that was not communicated to you. Thank you for sharing your experience!

If your travels bring you back our way I hope that you decide to give us another try.

All the best,
Lisa Impagliazzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Saint Paul, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Without this group of people our convention would never survive, they make it their mission to ensure things are right. The entire staff is helpful, responsive and great to work with. With a convention that literally runs 24 hours a day from start to finish over multiple days we really put these people to the test and they come through with flying colors. I would recommend this hotel to any large group wanting a great place to hold a convention.

2 Thank Linda P
Dear Linda P,

A great big Thank You for the wonderful comments!
We are looking forward to see you all again next year!

Live long and prosper!

Albertville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was extremely nice and well kept. All of the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are amazing and the beds are and so soft. It's like sleeping on clouds. The bathrooms are pretty spacious for only having a tub and a sink. The full length mirror in the room was also very helpful at times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Dennis E
Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Dennis E,
I am thrilled to learn you loved the hotel and the staff - we work very hard at making your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I can't wait to share your comments with our team and I sincerely hope your travels bring you back to us again soon!

At your service,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have attended 8 conventions at this hotel and have always been sincerely impressed with the location, service and environment. The hotel staff are nothing but helpful, accommodating and really make the experience that much more wonderful. The hotel is very clean, and has been recently renovated making it even more pleasant. Also, the rooms are wonderful with very comfy beds and bedding. I always recommend the Doubletree to friends and family. Keep up the good work guys!

1 Thank Doribird
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The renovations (still in progress) are great, I love all the little touches that have gone into the remodeling of the hotel. The only thing I would suggest is to warn people who may be booking a room during the annual Convergence Sci Fi convention so that they don't freak out when they're met with Wookies and Klingons in the lobby and then write bad reviews for the hotel. We love the Doubletree Bloomington!

1 Thank echoegami
Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear echoegami,

Thanks for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed the CON! We look forward to hosting it again next year!

See you then!
Lisa Impagaliazzo
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night at the start of the Convergence Convention. It was a great hotel and made getting around and getting our passes super easy. The staff was super great and they were very excited to have us here for the convention. I wish we were staying for the whole convention but it was already booked by the time we decided to come. The staff was always accomidating and constantly looking after the thousands of people there for the convention. And when you get that many people there that are pretty much constantly going 24/7 it is hard to keep up and they did a great job. The restaurant was the only place we had issues with and the staff was a bit slow and forgetful which made us eat elsewhere for the rest of the convention. The drinks are very expensive and bartenders a bit snobish (Maybe they don't like serving pikachu's?). Overall though I would give the staff and the hotel in general a 100% for great experience, overall customer service in the face of such outstanding numbers and quality for such a low price.

1 Thank dazyabbey
Dear dazyabbey,

Thanks for the great review and helpful feedback! I'm really glad you enjoyed hotel and staff during CONvergence! I will forward your comments to our restaurant manager so we can do a better job when we see you next year!
Until then!
Columbia Heights, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for CON over the weekend, and the staff was amazing! Guy at the front counter late Sunday was funny and outgoing, housekeeping lady was very sweet and kept our room looking amazing. The hotel itself looks great, I LOVE the patio furniture in the courtyard area! Much love to this hotel and the people who tolerate us "taking it over" once a year.

1 Thank Sabrina P
Dear Sabrina P,

I can't wait to share your comments with the entire team here! I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know how you feel about our staff - they really are great and you are all welcome any time not just CON time! See you again next year!