Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
  • Pool
$140
BestWestern.com
1,748 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookieslarge hotelpool sidebusiness tripparking lothot tubfitness centertwin citiesshuttle serviceconferenceairportmallmnmoa
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Check in was quick and efficient and the warm cookies we were given, very good. We had previously stayed at this hotel during renovations and I have to say they did a nice job. Very calming colors breakfast buffet area was very nice food was good. The pool, whirlpool, on the first floor were very nice the hottub was very large. The fitness room was bigger than in most hotels and above average. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows and bed covering very cozy I wanted to stay in bed all day. The bathroom had plenty of counter space to spread my stuff out the decor was very modern with clean lines and the shower was great nice spray hot water. In room coffee maker and we did find a microwave downstairs in the sundries area. We did have a very loud obnoxious neighbor and the hotel moved us immediately without any issues or additional questions. All in all a good stay. Business or family. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I have been in a few different rooms in this hotel and all seemed to be fine for quietness and comfort.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We will pass on your feedback to the rest of our staff and hope to see you soon as we continue to update the hotels looks! We will soon have an additional outdoor area with firepits for our guests to enjoy!

Regards,
Lisa Impagliazzo

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for the MN State Science fair. Everything was well organized, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Warm cookies are a nice touch :) Close to many great shopping locations. The dinner I had was superb. Breakfast was fast and easy and well priced for the kids, which is really nice, so I didn't have to stuff them in order to feel I got value for money. All-in-all, a very easy stay.

Room Tip: We had a very modern and updated room, but I was in one that wasn't. worth asking at checkin if it matters to you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I got a babysitter for the night for our two young boys, only to be disappointed with the poor accommodation of this hotel. We took the elevator to the eighth floor and stepped out into chaos; kids were running in their swimwear up and down the halls yelling while their parents stood and watched. Upon arrival to our room we soon realized that the room wasn't even cleaned from the prior night before. After speaking with the check in person about the rooms condition, he could only offer us a downgrade of a room because they were full. No refunds at all! This hotel should be called a motel instead. Not a clean or nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have provided you my personal information to reach me to discuss this further.

Best regards,
Lisa Impagliazzo

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off let me say that this was a free stay compliments of the airline. I had nearly 1 1/2 hour wait for the regular shuttle to show up since it services both the hotel and MOA and is about 15 miles from the airport. Even using a voucher the check-in was swift and you were given a couple of warm cookies that were super. I thought the desk clerk was doing me a favor since I'm a smoker and he gave me a ground floor room so I was near an exit, but behold it was next to the indoor pool which makes you toast until 11PM. The dining is expensive with a hamburger going for $12 and located in the bar area so it can be noisey. My biggest surprise was their internet connection, most hotels are hit and miss with slow speeds being the norm, but here it was just like being at home. WARNING...don't touch the phone, it'll cost you $1.50 for a local call!

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the pool area
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was recently a guest at the DoubleTree for two evenings (as a part of a group). The room which I occupied was comfortable and was large. The meeting rooms accomodated the needs of our group very nicely! We had several meals and/or events. The settings were good and the food was excellent!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business