“Oler building, friendly staff, clean rooms!”

Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The pool area is a disaster. Kids in the hot tub, splashing and diving right in. The pool floor surface is very slippery. The rooms were small but comfy and clean. The lounge area was very nice and the bartenders were friendly and not snobby at all. The front desk was very professional. 5 minute drive to MOA. Has a TGI Fridays next door. All-in-all, not too shabby....BUT I personally will not return JUST because of the pool area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel does need a little TLC to update it but it would appear that maybe they are starting to address this area. Way too much grey on the walls and the carpets in the hallways and the room - not very inviting and warm.

The welcome (warm) chocolate chip cookie was a nice touch though. The bed was great and comfortable. Would stay again if I needed to be in that proximity to that area.

1  Thank CheffK
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Overall this is a nice, clean hotel to stay at for the money you pay. Is near mall of America which is nice. Hotel is well priced for a cheap trip. Has pool in the hotel as well. I have stayed here alot. It used to be a Sheraton but in the last two years changed over to doubletree.
Have had no problems here at all. Staff is friendly and nice.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were recently at the Doubletree for a conference. In my opinion, the hotel did a very good job in accomdating a large crowd. The roorm we had was large - and very comfortable (the wi-fi was a bit 'quirky' - but that seems to be consistent in Hilton facilities). We had several meals there at the hotel. All were very good. The staff with whom we interacted were pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Warm cookies are a great treat upon check-in. Some construction going on, watch out for the new revolving door. I got a big bump on my head from it, needs lots of adjusting.
Room was clean, beds are firm & and a nice area to fix your coffee. Lights are not ideal for lighting up area when we first arrived in the room. Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

They were remodeling when I was there but it was a pretty nice place. The view was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and amenities were on par with any other business hotel I've stayed in.

Breakfast could have been a little nicer. I would have liked to see a chef manned omelet bar or something but they didn't have much. Service was very friendly but not that professional. Staff seemed a little sloppy.

Lounge bartender overcharged me for my drinks. I know because I came later and asked someone else how much my drink was. I don't think he did it on purpose but he didn't seem to have his head in the game. He didn't bring me my change and when I asked him for it, he only brought be back a couple dollars. Surprising because there were two bartenders, a cocktail server, and it wasn't very busy.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree the day before the Vikings/49ers game in September. Our room was extremely nice. My favorite part was the thick white comforter. Many reviewers have mentioned the construction, but I believe that it's just a situation that can't really be helped. I suppose there would also be complaints if things weren't upgraded, right? We didn't find it difficult to find our way around at all.
Our room was on the 22nd floor and let me mention that the view from there was absolutely amazing. I woke up early and watched the sunrise from under that cozy comforter. Beautiful!
My only issue was the placement of the bathroom sink, bathroom outlet and towel bar. The outlet was on the wall adjacent to the sink. The sink was right up against the wall. Because the sink was one of those above the counter sinks, there was no place to put my flat iron. Then I kept hitting my elbow on the towel bar when I'd raise my arm to use the flat iron. Perhaps I am just not coordinated enough.
Overall, this motel is beautiful and our experience was wonderful throughout our very short stay. Plus the Vikings won that day! Oh, and I can't forget those cookies. Delicious! I smuggled one into the game.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the east side if you love a good sunrise!