“By” is the key word. It isn’t a Hilton, but the advertising, collateral, remodel project are all done at the Corporate level. Good to see that they are committing to this facility and doing a remodel as it does have such a good location to 494/100, the south metro and not too far from Mall of America.
Above average aspects: Warm cookies at check in. Flat screen Phillips TV with new chairs, lamps, paint, carpet, and curtains gives a nice impression when you enter the room. Speakman shower head is always nice and the towels were newer and smelled nice which put a good start to the day. Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine was nice to look at for ideas on what to do in the metro. The dinner in the lounge was Ok, the waitress was nice and the price was better than expected. Good hotel for kids to run around. 4x high quality pillows with a comfortable mattress and linens. The toiletries were Crabtree and Evelyn Citron which also was a nice feature.
Blend of old/new and some negatives. The carpet in the elevator is super dirty and weird sort of chest when you get out of the elevator. There were only 3 hairs and a plastic piece that housekeeping missed when we checked in. I would bring earplugs as the hallway is loud. The remodel is going on and if you are a real detailed person, this will probably make the experience worse. Lots of grit and grim in the AC unit that you can tell has fallen in there, but not ever cleaned out. Maybe give them 6 months to get things sorted out as it is missing something for a 3.5 star. We probably paid a 2 star price and for that sort of $ it was a good value. If the staff there reads this, I would definitely recommend having someone do some training as the staff wasn’t overly attentive as evidenced by the girl a the sit down restaurant who was getting chatted up by a male worker. They were more interested in talking than being welcoming and getting you to sit down to eat. Also pick up some of the clutter in the business area and wait for the remodel to get done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington/Minneapolis South we put the human touch back into your travel experience. It all starts with the warm welcome of a chocolate chip cookie at check-in. Then the caring keeps coming with everything from luxurious comfort of our Sweet Dreams sleep experience, to our highly-trained staff members who are dedicated to anticipating your needs so your stay at our recently renovated Bloomington, MN hotel is the best it can be. Please join us in our new Crescent Kitchen restaurant and bar featuring over 16 microbrews on tap and over 84 whiskeys,scotch's bourbons. Come see us! We always have a cookie with your name on it ready and waiting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South Hotel Bloomington
- Sheraton Bloomington
- Sheraton Minneapolis
- Bloomington Sheraton
- Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South MN, North America