Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Hotels.com
$140
BestWestern.com
1,748 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookieslarge hotelpool sidebusiness tripparking lothot tubfitness centertwin citiesshuttle serviceconferenceairportmallmnmoa
Reviewed September 18, 2012

THis hotel was very nice. The parking lot was under renovations, so the parking was a bit far and a little noisy during the day. But the rooms were nice, restaurant/bar was nice and just busy enough. Staff was very professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to the north tower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Only stayed here for one night this past weekend to go to the Mall of America. The lobby area is under renovation and from what I hear, some of the rooms are too. Our room was spacious and fully renovated. The hotel offers free shuttles to and from the airport and also to and from the Mal of America. And you can't forget the free cookies at check in!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was my first time to visit Minneapolis. I had "checked out" the hotel here on Tripadvisor before I left. I have to say that I was pretty nervous about the hotel after reading several of the reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised the entire week.

I stayed in this hotel for a business conference. The hotel is very accommodating and set-up well for conferences. They easily hosted two or three concurrent conferences while we were there. I was not the conference coordinator, but from a participant's perspective things ran very well. The conference food was even pretty good! They are still renovating the hotel, so there was a fair amount of construction noise when we were down in the lobby area and in the meeting rooms. But that noise was never heard in our rooms. When they are finally finished with the renovations, the hotel is going to really be a great place to stay and/or host a conference. The meeting rooms are nice, clean and large enough to host breakout sessions. The ballroom was a nice place for the plenary talks. I enjoyed the breaktime refreshments. The staff were always very friendly and prompt in keeping things cleaned up.

The hotel is located right off the freeway and is really easy to reach. It's not in a congested area, so it is easier to get in and out of the parking lot, etc. Self-parking is free and we felt very safe in the area. We walked over to some of the restaurants there in the parking lot, as well as the Shell gas station. TGIFriday's, DQ, Burger King, Cheetah's Pizza and I think Subway are all right there in the parking lot. We went into the gas station to purchase bottled water for our hotel room. All of our experiences were good.

I stayed on the 4th floor where the rooms have already been renovated. The rooms are a nice size and relatively clean. I found a couple of places where they needed to do a bit of deep cleaning, but with September being the busiest time for conferences I'm sure it is hard to do the deep cleaning with so many people checking in and out every day. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on that. Moving on...the beds were super comfortable and the room was easily cooled or heated. It was obvious that a new unit had been recently installed. We were right next to the elevators but only heard minimal hall noise. I do not ever recall hearing any traffic noise. The new flatscreen TVs were nice. There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room. However, there is a microwave down in the little hotel "store" by the front desk.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers were hit and miss with their friendliness. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant, so I don't have any feedback on the wait staff or food quality. I had a little problem with my work travel charges and the front desk staff were very good about getting that all cleared up. The shuttle almost always runs about 10 minutes late. But don't count on that if you are at the Mall of America. They pull up and wait about 1 minute. If no one is there, they leave...and they won't be back for another hour. Even though they are probably going to be late, you should go ahead and be outside waiting on them. They drop off and pick up at the same place every time. Be sure to cross over the "street" and stand under the sidewalk canopies where they dropped you off. There will be tons of other hotel shuttles running through there at the top of the hour. But don't get worried when you don't see your shuttle...they will be there because their scheduled time is to run 10 minutes after the top of the hour. (As I said before, it could very well be 15 or 20 minutes after...I think it all depends on the people they pick up from the airport first.) At the airport, you will meet them in the "Hotel Shuttle" area. Just follow the airport signs once you pick up your luggage. My only complaint about the shuttle is the limited number of times it runs during the day. You either ride it to the mall/airport at 9:30 or 11:30. It won't run again until 5:30. I understand that it's a complimentary service and they have to limit "run times" to help hold down expenses. It just makes it really difficult and a taxi from the hotel to the mall/airport is $25 one way. If you are needing to go downtown, most people take the hotel shuttle to the Mall of America and a train runs from the mall to the downtown area for $3. I never made it to the downtown area but I heard many people say it was a nice place to have dinner and enjoy live music on a nice Minneapolis night.

Overall, this is not the Ritz Carolton. If you are expecting luxury accommodations, you should find another hotel. If you are an average travel that looks for nice, comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price, consider this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here at least a dozen times on business, and we rarely have any issues. My husband attends his work conventions in the ballroom/meeting rooms, and the kids and I enjoy the pool, hot tub, sauna, workout room, and the close proximity to the MOA and other shopping and activities. Renovations are nearly done and offer some freshness to the rooms an common areas, and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant is fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotwire while on leisure travel. Booking prepaid was my first sign this would be an interesting property. Check-in went relatively smoothly and service was on par. All of the cookies I rec'd were stale. The room was old and dusty, however, there was no foul smell which can certainly make a difference. The room was dusty, the light in two of the lamps were blown. For me, this are clear indicators that room cleanliness and upkeep are sub-par. On the bright side, I didn't have any strange hair in the bed. Also, there was minimal noise from the highway.

During my stay the hotel was hosting Comic Con which drew some very interesting characters. The hotel grounds were littered with trash and lots of people from the convention loitering outside of the building. They were an interesting group and there seemed to be no oversight for the convention. There were young adults in costumes sleeping on couches in the lounge, passed out from drinking. It wasn't what I would expect the see at a Hilton Doubletree. Lastly, the hotel is located off of an exit that is currently closed so it was more difficult to reach the hotel than normal.

I wouldn't take a chance on this hotel again. And, I wouldn't recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends