“What a nice hotel.”

Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Sacramento, California
“What a nice hotel.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I booked this hotel through Priceline's bidding. I always worry about what I'm going to get with these, but this time it felt like we hit the jackpot.

This hotel was recently taken over by Doubletree from Sheraton. It's a huge hotel that has been slowly renovated in the past few months.

Our room was clean and very comfortable. We had a beautiful view overlooking Minneapolis.

I think the only complaint, if you call it that, was that the toilet is right next to the bathtub and the toilet was something you would see in a public bathroom, not a hotel room, foot peddle and all.

The pool was a bit cold for being indoors so my husband and I decided to spend the majority of our wading in the lap size spa. This thing was huge and the temperature was perfect. I just wish people would not let their small children into spas in general, it is not healthy and really the only relaxing place for adults.

If I do return to MN, I hope to stay at this hotel again. It's a 15 minute drive to the Mall of America and about 20-30 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed one night at the Doubletree. The hotel seemed very full, it was difficult to find parking and the lobby was noisy. The staff was very friendly upon check in and check out. The bed was comfortable and clean. The room and hotel itself is quite dated and needs some updating. Some tiles in the bathroom were cracked and the wall paper was peeling. No major issues, but not the nicest hotel out there. We got a great rate on Priceline.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
McIntosh, Minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at thie hotel in August 2011 for a trip to see the twins and vikings...I must say this is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. The beds were so comfortable your head just sinks into the pillows...The pool area is awesome with a very spacious hot tub. The staff what we dealt with was very nice to us. I am definately going back again highly recommended

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I am pretty sure that I haven't reviewed a hotel before but felt compelled. It is very worn and old. The lobby is beautiful and clean but the rooms are a different story. Stains on the wall, the door, the ceiling. Blood splattered on the wall in the bathroom. The tub was fairly clean. The bedding had one large brown stain and one small yellow stain, very visible yet housekeeping obviously made the bed this way. The beds were very comfortable but there was also a couple of blades of grass on the sheets. The free Internet worked well. The carpet in the room is very worn and had stains. Our friends got the room on Priceline, had I known it was in this state, I would have definitely paid much more to stay at a cleaner, newer hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This hotel has had so many mixed reviews lately that I was worried prior to visiting, but I need not have been. Alright it is a concrete block with rooms in, but the free warm cookie got us off to a good start. Free car parking also helped, which is unusual for this type of hotel. Other free services was a courtesy bus to the nearby Mall of America and the airport, both running at one an hour. There is free wifi but the internet in the business center is quicker, free for up to 45 minutes at a time. The room did not have a safe in it, but we did hire safe deposit boxes and again free. The only charge that we were annoyed about was $5 for an incoming parcel.

Our room was not the biggest, but not that small either, it included a television, coffee machine. The bathroom was small but adequate with the sink situated outside in the main room. We were greeted with a few hairs on the toilet seat, and the carpets had a few stains on them, but in all honesty I allow for the stains at least, this a hotel room in constant use not someones front room, only used on Sundays and holidays.

The staff were friendly and most helpful. Instead of using the in house restaurant for breakfast, we used the Starbucks on site that served coffee, cereal and a bagel with cream cheese for around $8.

The hotel has an indoor pool and spa which is surrounded by rooms which I assume could be subject to noise if there are lot of people using the pool.

This is probably not the hotel to stay in for downtown Minneapolis but for every thing else in the Bloomington area it is fine, and don't be put off by what some people write. It is a hotel not a palace, you only sleep there you don't live in these establishments.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I checked in on a Friday, pulled the covers back on the bed and found 2 small dead bugs. I informed the management who moved me to a new room. I did not think they were bed bugs, but I'm not an expert so I asked them to let me know what the bugs were when the exterminator showed up. When I checked out on Sunday I again asked them to let me know what the bugs were as I would leave my clothes and suitcase out in the garage until I was informed. I was assured that I would be notified immediately on Monday. I was never called. I finally called at 3:30 on Monday and spoke with the head of housekeeping and was told "Oh yeah, Orkin was here this morning and said they were just bugs, not bed bugs." I asked, when was I going to be notified and he responded "Sorry." I never created a big scene and asked for a free night or anything like that. All I wanted was a little common courtesy, to be notified of the results of the exterminator visit. They couldn't even do that. I also contacted corporate who guaranteed that I would be contacted within 72 hours by the manager of that hotel. I'm still waiting.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo