“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #41 of 224 Restaurants in Bloomington
Provo
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was in town on and decided to check out mall of america and grab some lunch. I have eaten at Johnny Rockets before and have always liked their food so I decided to stop and grab some lunch. As I sat down, the first thing I noticed was the high prices. $8-$9 for a burger that doesn't include any sides, $3-$5 for fries or onion rings, etc. I ordered the smokehouse burger, a shake, and some fries. Shortly after the waitress walked off, I watched as the cook started to prep a bun for a burger. He went to the grill and in the top right corner of the grill, there were a couple of burgers just sitting there that had already been cooked previously. There weren't a lot of people dining at this time so the grill was pretty much empty except for a couple of buns and these cooked burgers. As the cook continue prepping the burger, I suddenly realized that he was making my burger. And sure enough, he finished the burger and the waitress brought it to me within 3-4 minutes of me ordering it. As you can imagine, the burger was lukewarm and it was not very good at all. I was frustrated that they would have burgers just sitting on the grill instead of cooking them to order. Well, as I watched more orders come in, I watched as the cook would grab fresh burger every time and cook the burgers from scratch. That is what I was hoping for, but obviously didn't get. In the end, I through down $26 dollars for my meal and left very disappointed. It feels like these employees could care less about the restaurant they work for, this was clearly just another job to them. That is not like other Johnny Rockets that I've eaten at where the employees are energetic and happy to serve you.

• Visited October 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“good food! good location!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

great service! so glad Johnny Rockets offers veggie burgers and wheat buns. Located in Mall of America! Girl working was very nice! great service.

Visited September 2013
Yankton, South Dakota
“Quick meal while at Nick Universe”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

While attending Nick Universe we enjoyed lunch at Johnny Rockets. Easy to get to from the ride area. The service was quick, food was great, and prices were as expected for being in the Mall of America (a little higher than normal but not terrible). The staff was friendly and in clean uniform.

• Visited September 2013
Quitman, Arkansas, United States
“Great Hamburgers - fast service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

While shopping at Mall of America I saw this restaurant and I had to stop. Haven't had a Johnny Rocket burger in years. It was just as good as I remembered!!! Service was very fast (which was good because I wanted to get back to shopping quickly). I love this chain and wish was had them in Arkansas! I didn't have a milk shake that day(clothes shopping :-( ) but they have really great milkshakes and lots of people were having them.

• Visited September 2013
Babbitt, Minnesota
“A blast from the past”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Smoke House Burger with a Vanilla Coke....was very good. very fun atmosphere, and stands out than the other restaurants in the mall

Visited August 2013